Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

I'm using D700. Bought 2nd hand cos no money left after too much shopping in Amazon... Recently bought a 2nd hand 24mm F2.8 AFD from Amazon too. Local 2nd hand price cannot make it la... Got some accessories a few days ago from Amazon.

I'm preparing for a Tibet cum Everest trip coming Aug so I want to get all my gears ready.

Now I'm in a dilemma whether to get another Nikon 16-35 F4 or a 24-70 F2.8 for the trip. Both lens 2nd hand price still so high...

If I were you, I would get 14-24 f2.8 *wink*

But um, if you are patient enough, you should be able to get 24-70 cheaply coz there are quite many ppl selling this lens nowadays

Edited by wisann

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi wisann, I did not. I actually thought of buying the clear plastic floor protector from Ikea one time but decided that my laminate should be able to withstand the wheel....

I see. Mine is parquet flooring and I read that it is more prone to scratches compared to laminate. I will probably get this from amazon lol. Probably get the smallest one as I don't foresee myself rolling around hahaha..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005L4NFJI/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

After my 2 overseas trip carrying a wide angle lens etc. i prefer just to carry one general purpose lens, hence my choice of 24-120 f4 vr. Then a 50mm for low light. And a tripod if i have a car. that's it...

haha my love of photography doesn't extend that far.

If I were you, I would get 14-24 f2.8 *wink*

But um, if you are patient enough, you should be able to get 24-70 cheaply coz there are quite many ppl selling this lens nowadays

ya 14-24. then 24-70 if your pockets are deep.

24mm isn't really wide enough.

I see. Mine is parquet flooring and I read that it is more prone to scratches compared to laminate. I will probably get this from amazon lol. Probably get the smallest one as I don't foresee myself rolling around hahaha..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005L4NFJI/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

My studyroom also installed with parquet flooring. No issues for me with roller chair. Don't bother to buy it. I don't see any stratches since day 1 till date, coming more than 9 months.

i've always liked to read Ken Rockwell's reviews on the various lenses, the link below is for the Nikon ones, he also does reviews for Canon etc...

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/nikkor.htm

i like my 18-200mm for its versatility (read: sheer laziness to change lens), besides its ability to take superb pictures...i've started travelling with my 60mm f2.8 just for low light and macro shots...

ya 14-24. then 24-70 if your pockets are deep.

24mm isn't really wide enough.

True. Though usually for my travel, I only bring one lens, 35mm. It's a hassle bringing too many lenses, end up not enjoying the trip haha..

I remember my trip to Taiwain, I brought 24-70 and 50mm, plus tripod. Crazy, super heavy lol.

My studyroom also installed with parquet flooring. No issues for me with roller chair. Don't bother to buy it. I don't see any stratches since day 1 till date, coming more than 9 months.

Ah that's good to hear.. Alright then, less expenses for me lol

i've always liked to read Ken Rockwell's reviews on the various lenses, the link below is for the Nikon ones, he also does reviews for Canon etc...

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/nikkor.htm

i like my 18-200mm for its versatility (read: sheer laziness to change lens), besides its ability to take superb pictures...i've started travelling with my 60mm f2.8 just for low light and macro shots...

haha kenrockwell . This is the "best nikon lens to date".

He says that quite often for every new lens/camera.

I used to read mansurov's review. Not so opinionated haha...

14-24 is too heavy for me :no: plus I dont want to worry when will I scratch the front lens.... haaa... SO it's out.

I once thought of getting the 17-35. But this lens is already so old so I decide to hope for a 16-35, somemore got vr.

But hor, I'm quite happy with my 24mm now. Recently took some photos of a surprise birthday party :notti: and it's looks great!

SO see how.... if manage to spot a good price for 24-70 then...... see how... haa

If only I can go HK....

24-70 is heavy.. takes some time getting used to the weight.. if travelling and i hv to lug it all day, i wun bring that.. i'll take along D90 wif battery pack, 11-16 F2.8, 35mm F1.8 or 50mm F1.8 or F1.4, 18-105mm for day shoot, tripod wise, depends on whether to bring along a gorillapod or mini-tripod (those that require a ballhead) and a S90 compact as backup... tt is it.. bring too many lens, u wun get to use all in the end, carry extra weight only.. might as well save the weight for shopping instead.. :notti: i'll try to go as light as possible...

14-24 is too heavy for me :no: plus I dont want to worry when will I scratch the front lens.... haaa... SO it's out.

I once thought of getting the 17-35. But this lens is already so old so I decide to hope for a 16-35, somemore got vr.

But hor, I'm quite happy with my 24mm now. Recently took some photos of a surprise birthday party :notti: and it's looks great!

SO see how.... if manage to spot a good price for 24-70 then...... see how... haa

If only I can go HK....

Can always try JB. The lens price there is cheaper too.

haha kenrockwell . This is the "best nikon lens to date".

He says that quite often for every new lens/camera.

I used to read mansurov's review. Not so opinionated haha...

no, the best one is now the 18-300 :notti:

If I am using DX format, I will be all over 18-35mm f1.8 from Sigma ;)

i dun really keep in touch with the latest lenses cos i'm not too into changing lenses while on vacation...but i am looking for a nice wide angle for landscape shots to complement my 18-200mm zoom...was looking at the 10-24 or the 12-24 f4...the 14-24 is too ex... :bleah: