Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

The KSM 150 but I don't know the which blue it is.

Now buying the attachments off Amazon. Much cheaper than Meyer. As usual...

Hmm... Which expo sale you have gone to? How do we find out if they are taking part in it?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Why ah, when i chose my shipping address, i cant go to the next page? Im using iphone( safari) to do my amazon shopping... :dunno:

Need diff address? :help:

I never tried using iphone to shop so can't really help... Use PC la... bigger screen can see more things... :bleah::bleah:

Hmm... Which expo sale you have gone to? How do we find out if they are taking part in it?

I don't remember what is the name of the event but it was a kitchen event, with multi brands taking part. Think it was sometime in Oct or Nov last year and it was advertised in the ST. I actually didn't take any notice of it until a friend told me about it.

They had all the other colours too but at $599 and the heavier duty one at $699 (think that retails for $999 or $1099 at Tangs). It only came with a 6 month warranty even though it was a brand new set. I decided to jump at the $499 since I wasn't using it as a display on my kitchen counter and didn't need to match anything at all.

I went to the recent Meyer warehouse sale and the prices weren't as good as that Expo event.

seeing this has turned into the shopping guru place to park...what are some of the places you guys plan to check out this weekend...to take advantage of GSS? Any idea if Defu furniture is having any sales? Planning to buy my sofa from there. :)

I never tried using iphone to shop so can't really help... Use PC la... bigger screen can see more things... :bleah::bleah:

Bigger screen to shop also mean greater risk to buy more.

seeing this has turned into the shopping guru place to park...what are some of the places you guys plan to check out this weekend...to take advantage of GSS? Any idea if Defu furniture is having any sales? Planning to buy my sofa from there. :)

Been out of touch. Usual suspects will be furniture malls. Buy straits times on Saturday, scan through the advertisements.

Also, can try to scan through those websites, if there are any promotions around. In general, you should be able to take advantage of GSS, problem is decision must be swift due to low stock at times unless you can sit through the lead time.

Edited by ongcs

Bigger screen to shop also mean greater risk to buy more.

Been out of touch. Usual suspects will be furniture malls. Buy straits times on Saturday, scan through the advertisements.

Also, can try to scan through those websites, if there are any promotions around. In general, you should be able to take advantage of GSS, problem is decision must be swift due to low stock at times unless you can sit through the lead time.

Thanks Ong! We actually know which sofa we want already...so it is just a matter of purchasing which we decided to wait till GSS in case there are any good deals.

Any good deals on electricals this GSS or the parisilk and something bee huat is still the place to go

Thanks Ong! We actually know which sofa we want already...so it is just a matter of purchasing which we decided to wait till GSS in case there are any good deals.

Any good deals on electricals this GSS or the parisilk and something bee huat is still the place to go

Just called Defu Furniture...sharing the news...30% - 80% discount for GSS!

amazing amazon, i ordered on 9 jun and items started arriving today 13 jun. i choose ship as items becomes available so many more exciting days ahead.

these are 2 of the items that arrived today.

31PTN8-V-sL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009YUI8/ref=oh_details_o01_s04_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61hDeTdbTPL._SL1500_.jpghttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007J2PAYI/ref=oh_details_o01_s04_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for electronic stuffs, just freq Best Denki or Mega Discount store aka MDS for an idea on pricing. Generally, MDS willing to match the price if you can prove it. If you really know what to buy, just need to call up the store with regards on store promotion or any GSS promotion during this period. Save the hassle to visit the stores.

Alternatively, if you are not looking to clock rebates/points for credit card, cash basis, can call Goh Ah Bee in Kovan, prices can be quite comparable. No experience on Parasilk so no comments.

As for electronic stuffs, just freq Best Denki or Mega Discount store aka MDS for an idea on pricing. Generally, MDS willing to match the price if you can prove it. If you really know what to buy, just need to call up the store with regards on store promotion or any GSS promotion during this period. Save the hassle to visit the stores.

Alternatively, if you are not looking to clock rebates/points for credit card, cash basis, can call Goh Ah Bee in Kovan, prices can be quite comparable. No experience on Parasilk so no comments.

How's Goh Ah Bee's service? It is really close to my home. Also, you mean mega will match say Goh Ah Bee's prices?? What sort of proof do we have to produce.

How's Goh Ah Bee's service? It is really close to my home. Also, you mean mega will match say Goh Ah Bee's prices?? What sort of proof do we have to produce.

GAB's service pretty straight forward, typical neighbourhood store. Can bargain if you are looking at more than 1 item.

Show proof of transacted price or quotation something like that. I happened to be in the store, encountered people doing it, personally, never tried before. I had been monitoring prices before my renovation roughly 6 mths, if I find the prices decent & good, I will locked it for good. Never look further.

I believe in such cycle. When you want it, can't find it, when you don't need it, it will comes to you, so take chance when offered. Short & sweet. That's me again.

GAB's service pretty straight forward, typical neighbourhood store. Can bargain if you are looking at more than 1 item.

Show proof of transacted price or quotation something like that. I happened to be in the store, encountered people doing it, personally, never tried before. I had been monitoring prices before my renovation roughly 6 mths, if I find the prices decent & good, I will locked it for good. Never look further.

I believe in such cycle. When you want it, can't find it, when you don't need it, it will comes to you, so take chance when offered. Short & sweet. That's me again.

Good advice...shall go take pictures of the prices and consult Goh Ah Bee seeing the shop is close to home.

i scouted for all the items i needed (furniture, electronics, bathroom fittings etc) about 4-5 mths b4 i needed them so i oredi had an idea of what was reasonable...

in terms of sale, it's v heng suay...i happened to hit the hansgrohe 30% anniversary sale so i whacked them all at a go even before i needed them...

all my electronics were bought at MDS - they have a list price, then they gave me a discount (varies from item to item, at least 15% off each item)...then i made them give me an overall discount on top of that :notti::notti: i did call up audio house, paris silk etc and made them give me a quote over the phone for every item i wanted before i went with MDS...did not call up GAB cos they probably won't entertain me.. :D

furniture, i faithfully scanned ST every saturday looking for deals and discounts... :sport-smiley-018: yes, it's a lot of work but if you want to make sure you get the most bang for your buck, you gotta do this... :sport-smiley-003:

Want to buy stuffs, value for $, think no further, follow dragonnite's method. Confirmed will not 'lugi' much. Sure got some $$$ for WANTS but not NEEDS.

i scouted for all the items i needed (furniture, electronics, bathroom fittings etc) about 4-5 mths b4 i needed them so i oredi had an idea of what was reasonable...

in terms of sale, it's v heng suay...i happened to hit the hansgrohe 30% anniversary sale so i whacked them all at a go even before i needed them...

all my electronics were bought at MDS - they have a list price, then they gave me a discount (varies from item to item, at least 15% off each item)...then i made them give me an overall discount on top of that :notti::notti: i did call up audio house, paris silk etc and made them give me a quote over the phone for every item i wanted before i went with MDS...did not call up GAB cos they probably won't entertain me.. :D

furniture, i faithfully scanned ST every saturday looking for deals and discounts... :sport-smiley-018: yes, it's a lot of work but if you want to make sure you get the most bang for your buck, you gotta do this... :sport-smiley-003:

thanks Dragonnite for that. Did you have to produce any documents to prove the price quoted by parisilk etc? I have done the electronics homework, and took note of the price at audio house... can easily call parissilk and find out how much are the items...cos i have the quote.

Roger the scanning ST every saturday...will continue to do that.