Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lorealow

Disappointed With Everjoint

Strongly agree with these big boys do have dedicated CSO to handle frustrated customer.

Me got a few quote from *spam, parasilk, GAB, bukit merah neighborhood shop (hong liang) and even the big boys

Surprisingly some items I found big boys is giving cheaper or on par but with free gift or extended warranty or even cash rebeats :)

*spam prices is not cheap after my survey for 7 quotes

Just my opinion :)

for me, hong liang is offering the best prices. some of the items from the big boys or parasilk are slightly cheaper than hong liang but they are willing to match them which i think is good. they bother to check with their delaer to offer me a best package. FYI, i bought a few items from them so probably buying in bulk has more discount. the only downside is they cant offer any free gifts due to the low pricing they offer.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

To starlyte,

You order this Hitachi fridge and Bosch washing machine on 31 Oct 2011, our sales person did ask you to make full payment for the product to hold the stock, end up you only pay deposit and your estimated delivery was on 15 Dec 2011. We promised to secure till 15 Dec 2011. Towards end of the year 2011, we tried to call you and ask when's your delivery date, you told us your house is not ready yet and ask us to put an open date. We had secured the stock all the way from 31 Oct 2011 to early Apr 2012. On early Apr, our sales person had called you again to ask you as to when to deliver the fridge, but you told us that your house was still not ready and you couldn't give us a date. Our company can't afford to hold the stock for you in our warehouse for more than 6 months with no confirm date of delivery at all. Moreover you didn't make full payment to this fridge which means that you have the right to change the item anytime to any other electrical item.

On 22 May 2012, you called us to deliver the fridge and washing machine to your place on 26 May 2012 and we told you that the Hitachi fridge currently has no stock so we delivered the washing machine and the free gift(which is no longer available now) to your place on 26 May 2012. As the model of your washing machine doesn't have free gift anymore, but as per your order form stated, the free gift is still given to you as promised. As for the fridge, we have told you that the estimated shipment date will be on the 10-15 June 2012.

With regards to your unhappiness of the no stock situation, we allow you to cancel the order for the fridge and change it to other items. If you still feel that it's unfair to you, please think about us keeping this stock for you for more than 6 months.

Hi all,

I also had pleasant & unpleasant surprises from *spam..

Here's my unpleasant surprise:

I bought a Hitachi fridge & had made full payment. On the day before delivery of my fridge, I was told that there wasn't anymore stock for that particular model. I was pissed off as I had already made payment at least 2 months ago. The guy whom called offered me the stainless steel version but I didn't accept it I bought the fridge because of the colour. I had also build a house for the fridge hence it really gives us alot of headache (we cannot buy other brands unless it's the same colour, 6 doors & size). This guy said he will check if there's any stock elsewhere n promised to call me by end of the day.

I waited n waited, no one called so I called him but was unable to get hold of anyone. On the day of delivery, no one call too. These actions made me fume! I called ever join uncle n told him abt the full story.. He told me to check if another model can fit in to the house.. N finally after much considerations (safety matters - on whether the fridge will fall as the 2 front legs will be out of the base), I decided to top up more $ to buy the bigger model of same colour. Uncle is very swift in service recovey I would say.. He managed to get hitachi to deliver the fridge to me the next day! I really appreciate it very much as I personally feel that there sure will definitely be some cock ups in the renovation process or even buying or delivery process..

Overall I would still patronize their shop as my experience with them are not as worst as other shops out there (like courts AMK, a Sony sales person by the name of Peter. He criticize other brands like sharp openly, just to get us to buy Sony.. Anyway we didn't buy Sony cos of his bad behaviour (criticizing, thinking that we r a bunch of fools whom know nothing about tv..)

I'm also an EXTREMEMLY unhappy customer from E.V.E.R.J.O.I.N.T . They have BIG atitude problem.

I bought a TV from them recently during PC show period. As we compared the price, they "matched" the PC show price, with the Blu-ray player. We happily took the TV, thinking that we got a great deal.

1st screw up

The sales person told me that he will arrange the delivery to be in the morning, so wall mounting can be arranged in the late afternoon. When the deliveryman came, they were surprised that I asked for wall mounting. That was when I realised they did not arrange the wall mounting for me. Since the deliverymen were quite nice, I let it slide and did not kick a big fuss. They helped me arrange another time on Sat morning.

2nd screw up

After the delivery, a guy called Mr. Lee called and said that I'm not getting the free Blu-ray player. He did not apologize but just go on and on about how agent did not throw in the Blu-ray player and dunno why it's stated in the invoice. Note, it's even stated in the invoice! With no apology, the only options he gave me were take it or leave it (refund the TV). They didn't even bother to compensate and not even an apology for such a HUGE mistake!

3rd screw up

The wall mounting crew did not appear on Sat AGAIN. When I called, they told me that they will call me back soon. After waiting half an hour, I called back and they told me that they can't reach the wall mounting crew. It's only after some complaining, they said they will try to arrange another wall mounting crew and get back to me. After waiting for another half an hour, I called back AGAIN and they started blaming me for not confirming the TV. When I enquired about the wall mounting, he just said that only Monday is possible.

Attitude problem

They fail to call back as promised and I had to keep bugging them! Mr. Lee was far from apologetic when they screwed up so much stuff thus far. How can they cancel the wall mounting crew without informing me! I wasted the whole morning waiting for them! Throughout the call, he was just blaming how I did not get back to them. When I complained how he should have at least informed me that he is cancelling the wall mounting crew, he just said that he felt that there is no need to! From other forumers, it seems like they have a reputation of not informing customers stuff.

Conclusion

They have zero customer service and do not care when they make a mistake. Hiccups are unavoidable when purchasing an item, but having good customer service does help alot! I will definitely NOT visit them again! There are other dealers that offer competitive price with good customer service too!

Brand of TV and what is the TV size ordered?

i have so far purchased from them tv..fridge..washing machine..fan..hob and hood within these 2 mths. everything came on time. Depending on what brands, the Rinnai guys called one hr before delivery. For Samsung, I was given a call in the morning by the guys from *spam prior to delivery to remind me of my delivery in the afernoon. TV Wall mounting was done by the samsung guys and they gave me a call one hr before arrival. Kdk fan purchase was cash n carry through.

Luckily, Joven did send their staff down and realised that when *spam installed the heater, the installation was faulty! The worst thing is that the *spam uncle did not install the pipes correctly, as he did not install the 3rd pipe which is supposed to let the excess hot water to be drained out of the storage tank. This meant that if I were to forget switching off the heater, it will explode as there is no pipe to drain out the excess heat!!! :o

The installer explained that the drainage pipe is linked to the release bar of the heater so if the heater ever overheats, it will release out hot air or small amount of hot water through the drainage pipe. In the end my parents thought it was too ugly and we got the installer to come back after a week to uninstall the pipe and he offered us an alternative which he said all other hdb flats did was to actually adjust the release bar to face the wall so that when there's problem of overheating, the hot air or small amount of water will be sprayed towards the wall instead. Much safer this way and carry out the purpose of the ugly drainage pipe!

So far, I've never heard of heater exploding unless your storage heater doesn't have release bar which I believe all storage heaters should have. I'm doing my new Hdb flat now and I got my plumber to install a Champs CS30 for me but I didn't install a drainage pipe as well. Just got my plumber to adjust the release bar to face the wall instead and my plumber agreed that this works as perfectly as installing the additional ugly drainage pipe!

Hi all,

please pardon me for my ignorance cos I am just starting out to do my research for renovation... and this is my first time doing reno.

Can anyone enlighten me, is the "3rd pipe" mentioned by lorealow, same as the ugly drainage pipe mentioned by milliewalker?

So, is this really needed or not??? :huh:

I encountered bad service from another company when they came to install my Joven water heater months ago.

the hired workers, firstly miscalculated and drilled the wrong sized holes on my wall.

IMG_2032.jpg

secondly they miscalculated and drilled the correct sized holes but wrong distance and they had to "whack" the bracket to shape which i felt was not right at all.

IMG_2031.jpg

Edited by jezzmatezz

Wow. They did give us the lowest quote for our items, but hearing these horror stories I don't think I'll want to take the risk over a couple of dollars.

4 Months ago, I have bought a new Hitachi Fridge from *spam at the lowest price compared to other shops. For me, PRICE and CONVENIENCE is more important to me than Customer Service. *spam has the lowest price and the best part is that I can order from them on a weekend(Sunday) through phone, which means I do not even have to go down to their shop which is very far from my place. Their customer service may not be best out there, but it is definitely adequate for me. I have no problems with the fridge delivered too!

For the guy with the heater problem, the installer may not be from *spam but the brand you bought from. It is normal for installers to blame the retailers so they can avoid the complaints. Do not believe them entirely. My family works in Construction industry so we have seen a fair share of such employees pushing blame to other companies. Furthermore, if you want to blame EJ for having faulty heater, shouldnt you blame JOven for sending faulty heater to EJ in the first place?

I'm not defending EJ. I just think that we should not judge companies by others' standard completely, including mine. :)

For anyone else who is considering engaging *spam for air con installation services..do so at your own risk..

We purchased a Joven Storage Water Heater, requested for the horizontal model as this is the only one that can fit our bathroom (due to beam structure). Item delivered was a vertical model..reason being that the one we ordered was out of stock..after making arrangements and installation..we encountered leaking issues..another appointment..

Air con installation was arranged for 11am. The crew arrived much earlier without informing me. Didn't have much choice but to let them go for their 2nd appointment. Called EJ..reason given was "they are harworking mah". While I appreciate punctuality, it makes it incovenient if there is no advance notice/simple phonecall, especially since we do not drive, live quite a distance away, running errands..

When they arrived to install the air con, one of the crew burst our water pipes..had a 'mini fountain' gushing water into the bathroom & air con ledge. They told me they had a case which happened in another estate also..apparently the concealed pipe is very close to the interior wall..please note this is a new bto with the blue & red tape markings still on the bathroom walls..but still..

Earlier on, I had specifically requested for a 1 day installation, but I guess most cases fix trunking first before paint works and so on..because when I reminded them, there was a long pause on the phone before he answered me. Never ONCE did they call me to arrange a follow-up. I had to continually CHASE them to request for another appointment. At least provide an estimated date but...haiz..

All this while, the water heater was leaking away..had to get a plumber from their contact to rectify the burst water pipe. Plumber said the damage was quite serious, so higher repair fee than quoted earlier. After installation was done, had to engage our tiler to replace the bathroom tiles for the damaged corner.

It is an absolute NIGHTMARE to coordinate such arrangements!!! Not to mention we experience continuous flooding (excess water from main pipes). It is an absolute waste of annual leave and time. And have to put up with their really BAD attitude as well..

I understand that we may be one of the few cases and 'accidents' do occur, but there was no acknowledgement, apology, responsiblity..just bad service and attitude.

Anyone else who needs electrical applicances, please get from Jerome (Zero). Even though we only place a deposit for our items, he has been very generous with advice, even with unrelated topics like kitchen cabinets, sink, mixer etc. Very paitent with dealing my many enquires.

Edited by inesy

i did purchase bosch + free gift, fridge, fujioh, oven and joven from them with no issue (been 1 1/2 in my flat) but nv ask them install anything~~~~

so far so good and since i stay near AMK. near

i guess its ok to purchase stuff from them but not using their installer after so many bad review on installation.

btw my friend pre-owned hdb never install any pipe for the

"Safety Pressure Relief & Drain Valve - Pre-set to 10 bars to prevent tank rupture. Drain Valve to facilitate water drain out during servicing - from joven website "

let the valve open for over 4 years plus. seems ok

Mine is a new flat so there a pre install outlet pipe for the Safety Pressure Relief & Drain Valve.

Rem to off the heater once u finish bathe else the electric bill will shock u

not to worry too much about explosion as theres Tripple Safety System.

Joven is a good product :)

Safe & Economical

Stainless Steel Heater Tank Rust Free Water

CFC Free Polyurethane Foam for Maximum Insulation

5-Year Leak Proof Warranty

Tripple Safety System:-

1. Pressure Relief Valve

2. Thermostat Safety Cut-Out

3. Thermal Cut-Off

Edited by yamaha

I encountered bad service from another company when they came to install my Joven water heater months ago.the hired workers, firstly miscalculated and drilled the wrong sized holes on my wall.IMG_2032.jpgsecondly they miscalculated and drilled the correct sized holes but wrong distance and they had to "whack" the bracket to shape which i felt was not right at all.IMG_2031.jpg

Hi....juz diy my joven jh25 litres storage water heater all by myself.heater was $225 and pipe/fittings/pipe cutter almost $60.total $295.took me half a day to complete.however there is an error on the installation guide provided by joven on the hole dimension to b drilled.lucky b4 i prooceed to drill i confirm on the actual bracket where i discover the error.else i got to drill multiple hole to fix the heater,i beleive your installer faced the situation as require him to drill multiple hole to correct it.

For those fixing the joven heater,do confirm the dimension with the actual bracket b4 u proceed.else u end up drilling multiple hole to correct it,

Just bought a Joven 25L heater from XX Bathroom at Geylang Road. Quoted $230 and bargained for $225. Btw, Joven 35L going for $250.

Installation will be done by my ID's plumber.