Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
IPineapple

How Can We Find Out If Our Hdb Flats Will Be En Bloc In Next Few Years?

Hi everyone,

I have this concern. How can i know or find out if my HDB block will be En Bloc in next few years?

Quite scare HDB will force us to move out as the resale i bought is already Twenty over years old. :unsure:

HDB website will only show which block are selected for en bloc this year.

Anyone can advise?

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

isn't enbloc a GOOD thing ?

gov pays you extra, and puts you to a NEW place with priority

my resale is already 30years, I bought this place HOPING it will

enbloc. then i'll get to choose a NEW place and upgrade to a bigger

home :D

Edited by Xanana

it is very difficult to predict. not all old flats are doomed for enbloc. once lift upgrading or watever upgrading done or announced the chance of enbloc is very slim. normally walk up flats, flats that are up to 6 stories and few blocks sitting in big open carparks/land are selected for en bloc. u can verify these by going thru the recently announced sites. land optimization the word .

henderson cresent 42 years just announced lift upgrading last year

farrer road 39 years lift upgrading announced this year.

Edited by salavanun

Those HDBs very close to MRT stations, ie within 300 metres, and are low flats, ie < 14 levels, plus minimum 30 yrs old, will likely be En Bloc.

Reason? Government will sell the land to private developers to either build private residential units or commercial units, eg Mall.

In terms of land usage and price, the residential units near to MRT and Mall are the most expensive and so the land can fetch a good price. In theory, it is sound (for rich people to own good units), though practically it will be awkward (rich people have own transport).

By en-blocing these units, the developer can build up to 40 levels and so build more units and house more people to align with Singapore's masterplan to house more people.

Edited by paladin126

Hi everyone,

I have this concern. How can i know or find out if my HDB block will be En Bloc in next few years?

Quite scare HDB will force us to move out as the resale i bought is already Twenty over years old. unsure.gif

HDB website will only show which block are selected for en bloc this year.

Anyone can advise?

Thanks

People buy resale hoping it will Enblog, you stay resale you scared Enblog........ hahhaha