Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ExcitedFirstTimer

First Home In Singapore

Thanks Mae, I hope so too.

How much did the City Gas heater set you back including piping and installation?

I am May, not Mae. There is another forummer called Mae29 which happened to be a good friend after we met here. :)

They charged me $168 for the heater plus installation. as i only have gas piping for shower (not to my stove) there are no extra charges. I am not sure whether if i install another piping to stove, would there be extra charges or not. anyway, its already done and i know i only paid $168.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am May, not Mae. There is another forummer called Mae29 which happened to be a good friend after we met here. :)

They charged me $168 for the heater plus installation. as i only have gas piping for shower (not to my stove) there are no extra charges. I am not sure whether if i install another piping to stove, would there be extra charges or not. anyway, its already done and i know i only paid $168.

Sorry May, misspelt your name in all the excitement!

I am also planning to go for the gas heater.

Does it provide hot water at all times or is there a waiting period after it's switched on?

Sorry if my questions appear stupid, I must confess that I do not have any idea about the gas heater.

Does it provide hot water at all times or is there a waiting period after it's switched on?

Sorry if my questions appear stupid, I must confess that I do not have any idea about the gas heater.

More info here:

Here

Edited by beluga

Read about my comment here:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45458&view=findpost&p=698516

that should be able to answer some of your questions regarding gas heater

We expect to get our keys on the 16th of April. We have seen the house just twice, so really have no idea where to start coz sometimes what we see on the floor plan can be deceptive. The present owners are planning to vacate the place by the 9th of April and maybe then we will take a proper look at the place as anyway we need to inspect it before key collection.

Just out of curiosity, is it normal to choose a house this way, that is based on just 2 viewing? Or did we hurry a bit too much. I know its too late to decide now, but maybe we can advise our friends how to go about it when they are looking for a place.

Hi there, I also purchased my first home this way (I'm also a PR, btw). Will only be getting the keys end of May but have already taken a few of the shortlisted contractors to see the unit last weekend so they can come up with a precise quote on the renovation work that needs to be done. I'm excited but nervous at the same time so can definitely relate to what you're feeling :)

It's common to decide in one to two views....

I sold my place to a couple whom I didn't even notice them. I had an open house and a couple of viewers came at the same time. One couple came and see, asked my agent a few questions and left. Minutes later they called to offer. As for the place that I bought, it wasn't love at first sight. First meet left no good impression as the place is very original state. It was the very first unit we went to see. After that we went to see over 15 houses in the span of 2 weeks. Those we liked didn't bite our offer and some have suspected ah long case. Finally went back to the first unit we saw and started toying with the idea of buy cheap but renovate it well to compensate. Though it was 5th floor, we find that unit plenty of common space with good sunlight for our laundry which is important to us as we have lots of laundry. Privacy is also good though it's quite a distance from the lift. Surrounding is also quiet though it's near to MRT station.

Made our first major purchase for the house, a Sealy 'Mayfair' mattress and a bed frame.

The mattress (king) cost S$2700/-, is not very plush, the way I like.

Here is a pic of the bed frame.

32078789.jpg

Still haven't decided on the colour of the bed frame, will do it after we see the house again this Sunday.

We still have to decide on the colour scheme for the house. Once that is decided, we will decide on the colour.

Got. Installation to stove is $100

Made our first major purchase for the house, a Sealy 'Mayfair' mattress and a bed frame.

Is 2.7k include bedframe? If yes.. I cry.. I paid 2549 at courts after disc..The bedframe is another 1k elsewhere

32078789.jpg

Still haven't decided on the colour of the bed frame, will do it after we see the house again this Sunday.

We still have to decide on the colour scheme for the house. Once that is decided, we will decide on the colour.

I paid deposit at courts since last nov to secured the price.. Tat time the sales already told price going to increase.. And since then I go back courts to check the price regularly up till yesterday 38th anniversary sale still higher than the price I got.. But the model I get is SealyGareth, was choosing it btw Mayfair, tat time price for both model the same.. So sales told us anytime change mind still can change.. But now mayfair is 100 more ex than gareth ..

32078789.jpg

Hi Neoby, let me know if it works with a rainshower as I heard a few complains that the rainshower does not work with City Gas heaters.

Hi Neoby, let me know if it works with a rainshower as I heard a few complains that the rainshower does not work with City Gas heaters.

what do you mean by it doesnt work? Mine ok leh. Just that I am still figuring out how to get a consistent flow of same temperature out. Water is now sometimes hot and sometimes not.