Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

My hubby does the ironing chores. Hehehe...

We are the other way round! I do the laundry and ironing, my hubby cleans the bathroom and the whole house. :D Looks unfair hor..

Yup, you can. last time i have one aunty that only does ironing, nothing else. i asked her to do cleaning, she doesn't want.

but now, this one i have, does cleaning and ironing. so solve all my problems.

Can PM me the price that the aunty charged you for the ironing task?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Week 6 25/05/2012

Finally we can turn on the lights!

This is how our kitchen looks like under warm light. Actually we forgot to inform the electrician to use cool white bulb for kitchen and warm light for dining area. But I kinda like our kitchen with warm light. Cool white looks too cold and unwelcoming. I accept his mistaken. Anyway, it's no big deal we can change it anytime.

DSC01073.jpg

The masterbedroom. May is right, this kind of fan - the wind is not strong. Have to turn on to the max.

DSC01081.jpg

fantastic! so nice..... definitely you will enjoy cooking in there. hahahahaha....

yup, yr MBR fan same as mine, just that i didn't buy the lights. the wind is really lousy. :bangwall:

Can PM me the price that the aunty charged you for the ironing task?

you mean the aunty that does ironing only? i think her normal rate is $12 per hour. but that was 2 years ago lah. now i am not sure. you can try to ask her. if you want, i can pm you her number.

Edited by May_dream1

Week 6 25/05/2012

Finally we can turn on the lights!

This is how our kitchen looks like under warm light. Actually we forgot to inform the electrician to use cool white bulb for kitchen and warm light for dining area. But I kinda like our kitchen with warm light. Cool white looks too cold and unwelcoming. I accept his mistaken. Anyway, it's no big deal we can change it anytime.

DSC01073.jpg

Nice!!! Like the back tiles.

Your hood white? Or I see wrongly?

fantastic! so nice..... definitely you will enjoy cooking in there. hahahahaha....

yup, yr MBR fan same as mine, just that i didn't buy the lights. the wind is really lousy. :bangwall:

I actually don't like ceiling fan with lights, but we have no choice.. no money do L box with downlights, but still need the room to be right enough.. so use this combination. We grew up with ceiling fan. Even though the ceiling height is low and hubby is very tall.. we still want it! Haha

you mean the aunty that does ironing only? i think her normal rate is $12 per hour. but that was 2 years ago lah. now i am not sure. you can try to ask her. if you want, i can pm you her number.

Yes, please PM me. Thanks May!

Finally "重建光明". Haha.. Nice ambience.

The 桃花 will happen on you or your hubby?

Heheh.. i didn't ask in such detail.. anyone of us got tao hua will not do good to our marriage.

Ironically, we didn't even look for auspicious dates when we got married last year.. but this time my grandmother says better look for auspicious date for move in. :unsure:

Nice!!! Like the back tiles.

Your hood white? Or I see wrongly?

Hahah it is not white, it's the normal stainless steel hood.. the white thing is the protective wrapping. Will tear it down once everything is done. :yamseng:

I actually don't like ceiling fan with lights, but we have no choice.. no money do L box with downlights, but still need the room to be right enough.. so use this combination. We grew up with ceiling fan. Even though the ceiling height is low and hubby is very tall.. we still want it! Haha

Yes, please PM me. Thanks May!

ya ya... i also grew up with ceiling fans and when i came to sg, really cannot take it that most flats do not have ceiling fans. so i die die also must have ceiling fans.... and i always remind my friends not to raise their hands as the ceiling fans are right on top of them.

ok, pm you right away.

The backsplash tiles came out very well with the white kitchen cabinets. How much did it cost? I was deciding on a glass backsplash for my white mitchen too. Easy to clean and maintain after cooking?

The backsplash tiles came out very well with the white kitchen cabinets. How much did it cost? I was deciding on a glass backsplash for my white mitchen too. Easy to clean and maintain after cooking?

Hi ahlipz, compared to glass backsplash, these tiles are much cheaper at $3.50 per piece. We have about 40 - 50 pcs. Well, I havn't cooked in my kitchen yet so not able to tell you whether it is easy to maintain. But the sales person said he has soaked the tiles with sealant and it will be easy for me to wipe/remove stain in future. :yamseng:

TV console

We have been searching high and low for the ideal TV console. We are not into modern contemporary type of furniture. We want something a bit classic and most importantly - affordable. I also prefer furniture with legs. It gives a spacious feel to the room.

GSS - good time to buy stuff! :D

IMG335a.jpg

IMG334.jpg

TV console

We have been searching high and low for the ideal TV console. We are not into modern contemporary type of furniture. We want something a bit classic and most importantly - affordable. I also prefer furniture with legs. It gives a spacious feel to the room.

GSS - good time to buy stuff! :D

IMG335a.jpg

IMG334.jpg

you plan to get this as your tv console or you already bought it? Its a nice piece to have in your house... really classy...

but if you use this as tv console then your tv angle will be a bit too high. That means, instead of looking straight, you might have to tilt your head a bit upwards to watch the tv. might not be comfortable for your neck after a while.

I realised that too. My TV console is a little too high. I have to slouch on the couch to watch tv. I will experience neck pain after awhile.

Week 6 25/05/2012

DSC01078.jpg

Your kitchen is lovely! I like how the tiles complement the gloss white laminate. Actually the warm lighting makes the kitchen more cosy. Good choice! Waiting to see your solid surface.

you plan to get this as your tv console or you already bought it? Its a nice piece to have in your house... really classy...

but if you use this as tv console then your tv angle will be a bit too high. That means, instead of looking straight, you might have to tilt your head a bit upwards to watch the tv. might not be comfortable for your neck after a while.

Hi May, we have already ordered! :P

Yeah I did consider what you mentioned regarding the height. We are thinking to get a slightly higher sofa. In the current flat we are renting, the TV console is the same height as this and the sofa is lower than the sofa we are intending to get, so I hope it will solve the height problem.

I realised that too. My TV console is a little too high. I have to slouch on the couch to watch tv. I will experience neck pain after awhile.

Then maybe you should move your sofa back a little?

Your kitchen is lovely! I like how the tiles complement the gloss white laminate. Actually the warm lighting makes the kitchen more cosy. Good choice! Waiting to see your solid surface.

Thank you Topsy! Yeah we will just leave it as warm white.

The solid surface is already up, but I have not taken any photos yet. :P

Edited by ValerieLow

Can't move the sofa back anymore. Need at least 800mm distance away from the main door. Anything further will block the shoe cabinet and the main door from opening.