Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beetroot

Dong Tu

then follow your fsm's procedure lor...not much difference.

OPEN DOOR

1) choose a auspicious date

2) bring rice+salt+glutinous rice mix in a big bowl/small pail and throw on all corners of each room/toilet/kitchen all the way from ther rear to front door, close the door and dont re-enter until 3 days later.

actually he say he do it for me but he did not ask me to bring rice and salt.

I saw him write on a piece of paper "jing sha". anyone know what's that.

if he do that do i still need to bring rice+salt+glutinous rice mix in a big bowl/small pail and throw on all corners of each room/toilet/kitchen all the way from ther rear to front door, close the door and dont re-enter until 3 days later.

thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
actually he say he do it for me but he did not ask me to bring rice and salt.

I saw him write on a piece of paper "jing sha". anyone know what's that.

if he do that do i still need to bring rice+salt+glutinous rice mix in a big bowl/small pail and throw on all corners of each room/toilet/kitchen all the way from ther rear to front door, close the door and dont re-enter until 3 days later.

thanks

such things can do by yourself, unless you already paid the fsm for a "package".

give him and ask lor.

such things can do by yourself, unless you already paid the fsm for a "package".

give him and ask lor.

did not sign up for a package but only ask for date.

1) opening the doors for the first time = YOU

2) dongtu (to start reno) = YOU

3) xietu (to finish reno) = YOU

4) house moving in = YOU

5) Ang Shen & Ang ZHu Xian = monk or taoist priest.

Auspicious dates for all the above = FSM.

Hi mace

thanks for your help possible to share with me what is the rituals for the followings:

1) xietu (to finish reno)

2) house moving in

as for the an sheng and an zhu xian possible to get the FSM to do ?

for your advise. thanks

H FSM are not religious clerics and thus should not be employed to host such ceremonies. It largely depends on which Buddha, Boddhisattva or Deity you are worshipping ... If its a Buddhist one consult a Buddhist cleric, if a Taoist one, consult a proper Taoist priest. Do not turn to FSM for religious arenas, they r neither proper buddhist nor taoist clerics. ÎÀÉŽà›Î

did not sign up for a package but only ask for date.

Hi mace

thanks for your help possible to share with me what is the rituals for the followings:

1) xietu (to finish reno)

2) house moving in

as for the an sheng and an zhu xian possible to get the FSM to do ?

for your advise. thanks

some despicable fsm do give a "full package". glad you didnt meet one.

1) xietu is about the same as dongtu, when buying stuffs from the incense shop, ask them for the detail procedures.

2) house moving = pick auspicious date, auspicious time, start a stove on the entrance to main door, move in your most valuable stuffs first, things like knives or rubbish bins move last. many types of procedure out there but most are more or less similiar.

AN sheng - FSM are scholars of the art of fengshui, not bomohs.

pick a auspicious date either on the same of house moving or 1-2 days before.

get a real monk or a real taoist priest NEVER go for those self proclaimed CLERICs.

Kong ming sua at sin ming, Ku su lim at river valley or Xuang lin shi

http://www.thekchencholing.org for tibetan monks

http://www.shtemple.org.sg for real taoist priests

it is so obvious that mace is so overly self confident that he or she has spoke without brains now:

1st. Thekchencholing is hosted by a so called Lay rinphoche, since WHEN was thekchencholing hosted by tibetean MONK ? Namodrol aka felix is a lay cleric of the tibetean order as for internal struggles i dun wanna comment.

2nd Ju Shi Lin aka the Buddhist Lodge is again a "temple" hosted by Lay persons the name of the temple tells u so. JU SHI. The temple does not provide Kai Guang services, u can jst place yr statue on the main hal''s altar for a peorid of time and when u wana take home, then just take as u like. Rememeber there is no taboo in buddhism !

3rd. Guang Ming Shan also do not provide Kai Guang Services, u should approach their service counter n they will send a monk for a fee to recite n dedicate the buddhist statue. (do not approach the china monks directly, for they r "employed" by the temple's abbot and paid a salary. So the temple's management pays them, they r not supposed to solicit for businesse without temple's approval.

4th. Shuang Lin Temple is divided into the Buddhist side and the Taoist Cheng Huang Temple. Again, for the Taoist side, they will follow the taoist way to Kai Guang while Buddhist side will dedicate the Buddha statue in the Buddhist way.

HOWEVER, mace did u a very good intro. becos Sheng Hong Temple is Paya Lebar is one of the 2 taoist temples in Sg that has a resident taoist priest using proper taoist kai guang procedures. The other temple with a resident priest is the CHong Yee Temple at Stirling road. Visit them anytime, they will be at yr service.

Be careful of FSM or ignorant people who anyhow suggests and recommends and end up making yr house in a mess.

And in the first place, since u have chosen Fengshui, an tu, xie tu,.... i supposed u r not a Buddhist cos Buddhists DO NOT practise the above. The Buddha forbade all forms of divinations.

Btw, i not so sure if Mace is a cleric or not but definetly, I am one... but not self proclaimed. Being a lay cleric is not about making money but about sharing responsibilities is upholding the Dhamma for the welfare of sentient beings. Do not take ordained or lay clerics are Cleaners or chanters just to act a show infront of u. Our job is a lifetime commitmement of dealing with all kinds of people and ultimately, money is forever NOT the main issue. We do not treat people as customers but as people who does not know about their own religion and pass on to them the correct knowledge and practises.

Just as mace who took monks for cleaners, chanting to clean dirty things away... such a concept should not be used upon any form of religious clerics. I do not deny the presence of such commercial monks or priests, so this is why it is all up to personal wisdom.

Do not believe in what i say, do a read up and consult ard.. it will enhance yr understanding and faith for a better family and wonderful future.

rem: Buddhist need not an tu and xie tu or see fengshui. WHY ? cos the Buddha said ... the most magical and powerful thing in the world is none than OURSELVES.

Har? But FS is not religion, it is ancient art of divination.

well... maybe it is or it is not ... but for sure Buddhists should not practise divination.

Some says fengshui is not religion but a scientific theory of this n that ..i din noe that science got to throw salt n rice and make prayers to earth .... it is so obvious !

The best fengshui is within ourselves...

To all forum members,

before you take the words from this nutshell enci seriously. Do read other threads about this crackednut.

Do take note that this shortcircuited so-called cleric places his buddha statue in his bedroom. Performing not only naked dances but also bedtime stunts in front of the statue. Worst, he even openly declare that placing the statue in the toilet is PERFECTLY ok. WOW what a "buddhist cleric" :dancingqueen:!

And also his criticism of other buddhism school is rather appalling, no buddhist let alone a cleric would criticise other buddhism practices.

As for enci, if you do not have first hand news about temples, just stop spouting nonsense here. And stop coming up with nonsense arguement for the sake of arguement. Insisting the word dedication instead of kai guang, this is NOT a court of justice, words doesnt have to be politically correct.

Thekchencholing has visiting tibetan monks every now and then. And they offer this service when they are here. Give them a call and find out. So-called lay rinponche or not as you mentioned, at least they are real buddhists not some crackednut like you who perform bedtime stunts for the buddha.

I didnt know you so pissed with me for ruining your MONEY MAKING opportunities here in this forum.

And pls stop explaining the so-called "free" service that you are providing, all you want is the angbao in which you called it not a angbao but a form of "appreciation" for your service. It's still a ANGBAO!

Edited by MaCe

My answer to Mace is:

1) I invite everyone to go check and verify what i mentioned. My basic point, dun believe in me, check n verify for yrsself. I wonder how come mace is so anxious to ask plp to believe in him/her?

2) I consider calling me short ciruit as a slander and personal attack, and I will report to the moderator regarding this.

3) Fengshui is not a Buddhist School, neither is True Buddha School. Do a checkup on True Buddha School, again. Since u r so close to Thekchencholing, u can ask felix about the issue of true buddha school. My basic point here again, do take what I say for granted, go and verify. =) b4ecos ultimately, u only u can convince yrself, all yr 6 senses belongs to yrself.

4) Ermm... money making chances here ?????? again, i consider that as a personal attac k, ask those whom have seek me b4, an try asking if I have asked for any angpow ? even they give i also reject. Come on .. i dun depend on Buddhism for a living :dancingqueen:!

5) Regarding the placement of Buddha statues in anywhere, I have answered u in many threads from the Buddhist perspective. pls scroll to see past explanations. If u wanna use a Taoist / chinese method to view a Buddha statue, then that is yr biz. I always tell plp, where u feel good.... so ahead. have a respectful heart ...

bless macer for spouting so much nonsence...

other issues regarding personal attack, i would hand to the moderator. thanks

but for sure Buddhists should not practise divination.

Hallow are you sure Buddhists should not practise divination !

U quote from where ?

By thye way, Kai Guang CAN also be used as a Buddhist Term. Why not ?

just the the concept of Kai Guang btw Buddhists n taoists r of different concept.

If we wanna use Kia Guang as a Buddhist term, we need to make clear to whomever engaging in this ceremony that Kai Guang (open eye/ open brighteness) in the Buddhist aspect is Opening the brightness of self or the eye of wisdom within ourselves. Buddhists do not worship statues as idols but reagrd the statue of the Buddha as a perfect example of enlightenment and magnificent qualities and thus we make offerings towards the Buddha in order to let such qualities inspire n arise within us.

Taoist asepct of Kai Guang is much more diff from Buddhists, they believe that it is to invite the Ling or spirit of the deity to reside within the statue, thus the statue is a place for deities to reside within. In Taoist usage of kai guang, they believe that without proper ceremony of dotting the eyes of the statue, it deity would not be able to see or hear ot respond to prayers.

Thus i used the word dedicate or some buddhists use conscrete becos Kai Guang maybe misleading term to use in Buddhism is not properly explained.

Kai Guang is always a alternative to use ..why not ?

I am not a lawyer nor working in court ... =) need not play this kind of childish word games. It's just a preference of words usage. eRMM... Dun tell me that according to mace, it is a MUST to use kai guang again ???

most members of this forum may not know much about reno, some knew a lot, but they arent blind and brainless.

they can tell who is the crackednut here and who is the one sprouting nonsense here.

since when i quoted I am very close to thekchencholing?

when all one needs to gather infos is to dial their phone number. Just so simple!

it is so obvious that mace is so overly self confident that he or she has spoke without brains now:

is this not a personal attack? You are just slapping yourself with each and every nonsense post.

Since I am in a good mood today, moreover it's a sin to argue with the mentally disabled.

This shall my last post to refute your nonsense.

Hallow are you sure Buddhists should not practise divination !

U quote from where ?

The Forty-eight Secondary Precepts set by the Lord Budda

Precept 33: On Watching Improper Activities

A disciple of the Buddha must not, with evil intentions, watch people fighting, or the battling of armies, rebels, gangs, and the like. (84) He should not listen to the sounds of conch shells, drums, horns, guitars, flutes, lutes, songs or other music, nor should he be party to any form of gambling, whether dice, checkers, or the like. (85) Furthermore, he should not practice fortune telling or divination nor should he be an accomplice to thieves and bandits. He must not participate in any of these activities. If instead, he intentionally does so, he commits a secondary offense.

Of cos, there r many many other precepts that the Buddha disallowed such. this is just one source.

Sutra of the Master of Healing also states:

The Bodhisattva Seeker of Salvation said: "The nine violent deaths are;

(1) There are beings who become sick. Though the sickness is not serious but there is neither medicine nor a doctor for the treatment. In case they take the wrong medicine, they may meet violent death which can very well be avoided. Some trust in Maras and Heretics, or masters of magical and bewitching powers. From a frivolous prediction of good or bad luck, fear and uneasiness arises. Those people whose own heart cannot clearly discern, question fortune-tellers whether misfortunes awaits them. Some kill living beings for a sacrifice in order to propitiate the spirits. Some call out to the evil spirits and ask for protection, they wish to prolong their lives, but all to no avail. They are ignorant of the right way. They believe in heterodox views, not recognising the doctrine of moral karma. This leads in the end to a violent death. They enter into **** and can never get out of it. This is the first violent death.

its abit scary ... heheee ....

most members of this forum may not know much about reno, some knew a lot, but they arent blind and brainless.

they can tell who is the crackednut here and who is the one sprouting nonsense here.

since when i quoted I am very close to thekchencholing?

when all one needs to gather infos is to dial their phone number. Just so simple!

is this not a personal attack? You are just slapping yourself with each and every nonsense post.

Since I am in a good mood today, moreover it's a sin to argue with the mentally disabled.

This shall my last post to refute your nonsense.

Moderator, this is the 3rd attack from MAce a day. personal attack plus slandering ...

The Buddha's final advise b4 PariNibbana: Bequeathed Teaching Sutra

1. Exhortation on keeping the Precepts ... After my Parinibbana you should reverence and honor the Precepts of the Patimokkha. Treat them as a light which you have discovered in the dark, or as a poor man would treat a treasure found by him. You should know that they are your chief guide and there should be no difference (in your observance of them) from when I yet remained in the world. If you would maintain in purity the Precepts, you should not give yourselves over to buying, selling or barter. You should not covet fields or buildings, nor accumulate servants, attendants or animals. You should flee from all sorts of property and wealth as you would avoid a fire or a pit. You should not cut down grass or trees, neither break new soil nor plough the earth. Nor may you compound medicines, practice divination or sorcery according to the position of the stars, cast horoscopes by the waxing and waning of the moon, nor reckon days of good fortune. All these are things which are improper

Edited by enci