Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beetroot

Dong Tu

Hi all, would appreciate if you can clear my doubts...

Is 动土 necessary let's say when I have collected my keys and need to open the door for inspection?

Or it will be considered as other procedures? If it's so, what are the procedures that I have to follow?

I understand from reading this forum that I have to consult a FSM on the auspicious date for opening the door. What other stuff? Care to share? Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, would appreciate if you can clear my doubts...

Is 动土 necessary let's say when I have collected my keys and need to open the door for inspection?

Or it will be considered as other procedures? If it's so, what are the procedures that I have to follow?

I understand from reading this forum that I have to consult a FSM on the auspicious date for opening the door. What other stuff? Care to share? Thanks!

Auspicious Date

1) opening the doors for the first time

2) dongtu (to start reno)

3) xietu (to finish reno)

4) house moving in

Altenatively,

If u r a Buddhist, u can ignore all the rituals as mentioned n practised by Taoists or folks chinese, such as choosing dates, dong tu, xie tu ...

In Buddhist tradition, upon moving to a new house, it is best by inviting venerables to offer dana (food and daily requsisties) to them and this merit making event, the venerbales will inturn recite scriptures to bless yr family and new home..

If u r more to the chinese buddhist or heck care buddhist, u can just invite a buddhist or monk to yr home and give him a small angpow to chant some mantras to conscrete yr new home ..

But for even more modern buddhists, no need any rituals at all ... just place the Buddha statue and get yr desired offerings and this is a great blessing already !

Altenatively,

If u r a Buddhist, u can ignore all the rituals as mentioned n practised by Taoists or folks chinese, such as choosing dates, dong tu, xie tu ...

In Buddhist tradition, upon moving to a new house, it is best by inviting venerables to offer dana (food and daily requsisties) to them and this merit making event, the venerbales will inturn recite scriptures to bless yr family and new home..

If u r more to the chinese buddhist or heck care buddhist, u can just invite a buddhist or monk to yr home and give him a small angpow to chant some mantras to conscrete yr new home ..

But for even more modern buddhists, no need any rituals at all ... just place the Buddha statue and get yr desired offerings and this is a great blessing already !

? ? ?

hacking? hammering? then yes.

re-do cabinets....then no need.

hi mace,

do you mean if no wet works done at home, no need to dong tu? i will only be doing some carpentry work and laying of timber wood at my balcony, does that require dong tu? my contractor told me that i can just use a hammer to knock knock here and there to symbolise the starting of reno, do i really need to break something? or just make some noise at home?

appreciate some input from fellow forumers.

thanks!

hi mace,

do you mean if no wet works done at home, no need to dong tu? i will only be doing some carpentry work and laying of timber wood at my balcony, does that require dong tu? my contractor told me that i can just use a hammer to knock knock here and there to symbolise the starting of reno, do i really need to break something? or just make some noise at home?

appreciate some input from fellow forumers.

thanks!

actually dongtu differs from one fsm to another.

but from ancient books regarding fengshui, as long as you make changes to your house, you need to do dongtu.

must pray pray first before hammer knock knock !!

>>>>>>>>>>>

Geomancy/Fengshui

Discussion on topics related to fengshui e.g. choosing a good location, funiture placement, colour scheme. Recommended for owners setting up a business or a new home.

>>>>>>>>>>>

actually dongtu differs from one fsm to another.

but from ancient books regarding fengshui, as long as you make changes to your house, you need to do dongtu.

must pray pray first before hammer knock knock :P

>>>>>>>>>>>

Geomancy/Fengshui

Discussion on topics related to fengshui e.g. choosing a good location, funiture placement, colour scheme. Recommended for owners setting up a business or a new home.

>>>>>>>>>>>

what to pray :P ? i am a catholic, is there a generic prayer for all religion? or just say " heng one come, bad one go away" :P

what to pray :P ? i am a catholic, is there a generic prayer for all religion? or just say " heng one come, bad one go away" :P

HI tien tien, you SHOULD NOT dabble in fengshui and always adhere in the Catholic Church. Always seek priest's advise and not what people here says insisting you to go aganist yr own faith.

Always seek own religious clerics for advise and do not downturn to fengshui as a Catholic even though catholics are more tolerant by nature.

There is no generic prayer for Catholic to "heng heng" and there is no earth god in the catholic concept and thus no "dong tu" .. my few cents worth of understanding since my gf is a catholic.

Edited by enci

there is another thread about dongtu with all the procedures. look for it.

do not allow some halfbaked fanatics to question your faith, do what you think it's best for you.

apparently some imbeciles cant read what the admin wrote in this forum.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Geomancy/Fengshui

>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>

Geomancy/Fengshui

>>>>>>>>>>>

Ohh... so this is added by the Admin

Ohh... so this is added by the Admin

it's on the mainpage. when you click on Geomancy/Fengshui

plus this

GENTLE NOTE:

While we welcome sharing of Fengshui knowledge in this forum, we are unable to allow topics that carry soliciting contents or any indirect way of promoting oneself fengshui services (e.g. selling of fengshui items, advertising fengshui services and/or arranging of meetups) is strictly prohibited.

All advices from the professionals are found in Industry Panel of forums. We appreciate if you can feedback to us if anyone holds commerical intention in this Geomancy/Fengshui forum. Thank you for your understanding.

a while back some idiotic fanatic was trying to sell his service here.

Edited by MaCe

some time ... promote the correct FS concept .. and recommendation on FS ... is very close line to SELL HIS SERVICE.