Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
abbradaca

Price Range Of Full Height Wardrobe With Sliding Door

halo... i would like to ask. how much did u guys/gals pay for ur wardrobe, full laminates. i m keen with sliding door pricing, but i don't mind to know swing door pricing too. TIA. :thumbs up:

P.S : I have been quoted $240 per ft (by contractor) & $300 pet ft (by ID). Just want to know is it reasonable and what is the market rate.

Edited by abbradaca

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

halo... i would like to ask. how much did u guys/gals pay for ur wardrobe, full laminates. i m keen with sliding door pricing, but i don't mind to know swing door pricing too. TIA. :thumbs up:

P.S : I have been quoted $240 per ft (by contractor) & $300 pet ft (by ID). Just want to know is it reasonable and what is the market rate.

Hi,

I say reasonable.

1.$180-$220 normal swing doors in laminate

2.$220-$250 wooden sliding doors with simple design

3.$250-$300 alluminium frame sliding doors with simple design(glass and laminate)

4.$300 above alluminium frame sliding doors with complicated design

Afterall is only a guideline.It depend on:

1.material used for internal of wardrobe

2.internal layout (more drawers or shelves)

3.complicated design?

Hope this help.

Edited by papaedmund

Hi,

I say reasonable.

1.$180-$220 normal swing doors in laminate

2.$220-$250 wooden sliding doors with simple design

3.$250-$300 alluminium frame sliding doors with simple design(glass and laminate)

4.$300 above alluminium frame sliding doors with complicated design

Afterall is only a guideline.It depend on:

1.material used for internal of wardrobe

2.internal layout (more drawers or shelves)

3.complicated design?

Hope this help.

Normal pricing good guide. But found one contractor who can do casement door wardrobe at $200 - $210 per ft and sliding wardrobe at $220 per foot.

Laminates inside and outside, no PVC white or color, no polygon.

Solid plywood. Abs trims, 19-20 mm incl laminates both sides door plywood.

Under mounted drawer slides.

Soft closings for all doors. Malaysian carpenter.

Pm me if you are keen.

Normal pricing good guide. But found one contractor who can do casement door wardrobe at $200 - $210 per ft and sliding wardrobe at $220 per foot.

Laminates inside and outside, no PVC white or color, no polygon.

Solid plywood. Abs trims, 19-20 mm incl laminates both sides door plywood.

Under mounted drawer slides.

Soft closings for all doors. Malaysian carpenter.

Pm me if you are keen.

Hi,

Is your wardrobe done?....don't think you can get laminate for insides and for both sides of doors.

The most is internal with coloured PVC only.

Hi,

Is your wardrobe done?....don't think you can get laminate for insides and for both sides of doors.

The most is internal with coloured PVC only.

You are wrong bro. Everything inside and outside the cabinet are in laminate - the back panel, cabinet sides, shelvings top and bottom, doors front n back, of course with abs edgings.

Yes, the Internal is definitely HPL laminate! Wood grain and you can choose any laminate in wood grain color or their patterns. Normal laminates that you find in those laminate books samples.

The guy assure me it is laminate and ask us to use a coin or key to press against the laminate to see if it can be dented. It does not. He said PVC plywood dents.

Brand I think is donotti and very nice.

Reno done by Lamidoor www.lamidoor.com Call 90054593 Simon

Call him lay if don't believe and I know they are very busy. They also stock and sell sanitary ware, sinks, taps, bathroom accessories under another company call Best Price Taps.. Showroom in Arumugam rd.

This is found on their website ----

"We mainly use 18 mm thickness + 0.8 mm laminate front and about 0.8/0.7 mm laminate back solid wooden door panel. All our carpenty comes with high quality soft closing hinges and slides (side or under-mounted) without any extra charges. Our vanity and sink carcass comes with stainless steel soft closing hinges to combat humidity and moisture in the area.

We are one of the very few carpentry firms in Singapore with a hot press for lamination, thus ensuring superior high quality of our doors and laminate gluing.

For internal laminate cabinets, we are currently the most competitive company. Internal laminates cabinet especially for kitchen are hightly favoured for long lasting kitchen surfaces inside the cabinets in kitchens, wardrobes, shoe cabinets and other carcass storage units."

Edited by GESNONO

You are wrong bro. Everything inside and outside the cabinet are in laminate - the back panel, cabinet sides, shelvings top and bottom, doors front n back, of course with abs edgings.

Yes, the Internal is definitely HPL laminate! Wood grain and you can choose any laminate in wood grain color or their patterns. Normal laminates that you find in those laminate books samples.

The guy assure me it is laminate and ask us to use a coin or key to press against the laminate to see if it can be dented. It does not. He said PVC plywood dents.

Brand I think is donotti and very nice.

Reno done by Lamidoor www.lamidoor.com Call 90054593 Simon

Call him lay if don't believe and I know they are very busy. They also stock and sell sanitary ware, sinks, taps, bathroom accessories under another company call Best Price Taps.. Showroom in Arumugam rd.

This is found on their website ----

"We mainly use 18 mm thickness + 0.8 mm laminate front and about 0.8/0.7 mm laminate back solid wooden door panel.  All our carpenty comes with high quality soft closing hinges and slides (side or under-mounted) without any extra charges.  Our vanity and sink carcass comes with stainless steel soft closing hinges to combat humidity and moisture in the area.

We are one of the very few carpentry firms in Singapore with a hot press for lamination, thus ensuring superior high quality of our doors and laminate gluing.

For internal laminate cabinets, we are currently the most competitive company. Internal laminates cabinet especially for kitchen are hightly favoured for long lasting kitchen surfaces inside the cabinets in kitchens, wardrobes, shoe cabinets and other carcass storage units."

I must say if this company is selling so cheap than their business must be booming & of course no time to answer phone call!! How about the price for kitchen cabinet than? I tried calling 4 times since morning till now but no answer so how can i find out more?

I must say if this company is selling so cheap than their business must be booming & of course no time to answer phone call!! How about the price for kitchen cabinet than? I tried calling 4 times since morning till now but no answer so how can i find out more?

Call the director, 90054593 info@lamidoor.com or call their factory mgr directly 9388 1826 Yuri Tan, very attentive responsible and knowledgeable contractor. With those prices what do you expect. If you go to a nice food stall, we also got to queue.

I know their full laminate inside kitchen with all soft close hinges, 4 stainless steel soft close hinges, any in-house laminate Inside and outside, soft closing under mounted drawer slides, 18 mm door wooden plywood ... is going for promotion at $110 per foot run if you are only doing kitchen.

if you are doing full house renovation, the prices can be very interesting with wc, sink, taps, basin, basin taps,... thrown in FOC. They have a group company selling full range of taps and bathroom, hoods, hobs, ovens stuff. For example rain shower with shower head, instant heater for $320. Their Reno prices for wet works, ceiling, etc. are also not expensive and workmanship good.

Overall value for money if you appreciate internal laminate cabinet which last much longer than the white PVC cabinets which every contractor give. If you are the very atas seeking branded top design firms or ID with awards, big advertisements, lucky draws, etc, preferring to pay a lot for your Reno, then stick with them as they are very good, except pay more lah, but still get only PVC colour or at most polygon spray painted ( they flake and loose powder... With time) plywood cabinets, a lot inferior than full laminate inside and outside cabinets by Lamidoor. if you already know what you want, they are perfect. They can design, but needs time like other ID.

it is hard to find even an ID willing to do just kitchen with colored PVC for $110 per foot run, not to mention including the soft closing hinges and under mount slides, stainless steel hinges which I think they are the only one offering this. You can see an example of rusty hinges in most homes. Their website have some examples. Www.lamidoor.com

GENSNONO

u fr lamidoor or advertising for them? you just joined and every post recommend lamidoor.

is lamidoor called myidfactory and just changed the name? blve blue is the same boss, there were so many bad reviews and complaints but the threads disappeared.

GENSNONO

u fr lamidoor or advertising for them? you just joined and every post recommend lamidoor.

is lamidoor called myidfactory and just changed the name? blve blue is the same boss, there were so many bad reviews and complaints but the threads disappeared.

It looks like they ALL are the same cause all those three companies has the same contact number, address, unit No.......

Edited by Andreja

GENSNONO

Here is one where is stated that ID run with money (posted 03 August 2011) http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40819&st=40 , and another where is the name of that ID company (posted 27 November 2011) http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40819&st=200 - full name of company is at very first post of that thread ('blve and blue'). That ID company has the same address and contact phone number as 'myidcompany' and 'lamidoor'.

Edited by Andreja

Here is one where is stated that ID run with money (posted 03 August 2011) http://www.renotalk....pic=40819&st=40 , and another where is the name of that ID company (posted 27 November 2011) http://www.renotalk....ic=40819&st=200 - full name of company is at very first post of that thread ('blve and blue'). That ID company has the same address and contact phone number as 'myidcompany' and 'lamidoor'.

Andreja, the links not working?

GENSNONO

I am just sharing my good experience. You meant if anyone just put in a few post and so cannot share. You also have only a few post and all your posts is about this company and why you hate this company so much.

Let me guess, you must be one of the ex-employees or even James Tey himself or his guys who left *** together with him when he got a big investor to give him shares and started 9 Degrees Design in Enterprise One. Then subsequently, 9 Degrees closed shop suddenly in just 6 months or less. God know how many clients they put in the fix or ran away with their money. These are probably clients they got when they advertised in the papers and done several Expo trade shows. They tried to offer the same laminate inside product strategy to hit Blve at a lost probably since their other reno items are more expensive to cover. They got no factory to support them and no direct import of laminates to reduce costs, so they move back to PVC plywood like every other ID in Singapore. There is nothing wrong with PVC except the quality of PVC vs laminate is heaven and earth. If PVC is so good, why not use it on all the exterior doors. Which ID is willing to do that and offer warranty.

The truth is *** is still around, doing well I guess as they are very busy since they offer the "any colour, pattern, wood grain laminate for all cabinets (shoe, kitchen, wardrobe, study, etc.) at PVC Prices". Their factory and their large showroom in Arumugam Rd and their product distribution companies are still around. They distribute, import directly and sells their own brand of laminates, kitchen and wardrobe accessories, furniture hardware, taps, sinks, sanitarywares, bathroom accessories, etc. I have not come across any ID firm in Singapore with similar setup - ID,own carpentry factory and own product importation like laminates.

I think it is very simple. The forum is where anyone with their own agenda and interests share their experience, true or not, no one will know except themselves. You believe what you want to believe. Just like what the bible said, test the spirit. Test the IDs or contractors. If you are the design type, work with the IDs you are most comfortable with that designs your dream house. Of course, their prices are usually higher. *****, ** are some of such companies. Large ones like * (you need to find the experienced ones), Chew, U-Home, Idea Classic and Weichen are some of the better IDs. * is very competitive if not for their PVC plywood internals.

On the same tone with any IDs, do your own due diligence. Steps like those below will help:

1) Visit Renotalk or other forums, read as much as you can. You can be very knowledgeable after that so IDs cannot smoke you left and right.

2) Send an enquiry through the forum and get as many quotes as possible to compare.

3) Visit them in their office or better still their showroom. In Singapore, showrooms or offices, especially large ones are costly to maintain, so if the company has not those kind of resources, they are usually If no office, be careful, if they ran away with your money, God help you. Never pay cash/cash cheque to the sales persons or even the owners. Always pay to the company, cross the cheques. If you don't have cheques use a banker cheques to the company name. You have better legal and police recourse if they ran away.

4) See their portfolio and their designers, talk to them if possible. Make sure they know their stuff. Some sales people don't know a thing.

5) At their showroom, ask as many questions as possible. See their setup, offices, display, samples, etc.

6) See their factory if possible. See their quality there, talk to the carpenters there. See their materials and factory organisation. Talk to the factory manager. Ids with factories don't close so easily. Many IDs don't have factory and rely on carpentry sub-contractors which is fine if they manage them well or have good sub-contractor which you don't know until the carpentry reach your house. By that time, it might be too late as they would have collected about 90% of your money already.

7) Get a quote. Make them specify in their quote all the materials they would use on their quotations to avoid arguments. Information like tile costs, where they buy their tiles, solid surface and granite from, whether they use Malaysian tilers (Chinese tilers are not very good), carpentry (the plywood use, thickness of doors, laminates, inside materials of cabinets (pvc, polygon or laminates in that order of quality, durability and looks), hardware use, soft closing, under-mounted drawer slides, any stainless steel hinges or hardware use, how they construct their cabinets, etc, sanitary wares, sink, taps, etc.(what brands), paints, etc. Compare their quotes. Ask for things or lengths/sizes that you may or not renovate or increase just in case you change your mind and then they up the price later for these items.

8) Get them to see some of the houses they are renovating, not just finished ones. Talk to the owners if possible. Owners don't have to side them.

9) Monitor the project very closely. Be reasonable and nice, but make a stand if you got a point or problem they have to resolve for you.

10) Enjoy the process and no need to be stressed.

If you are comfortable with the IDs, the design, setup and materials, go with your decisions and due diligence test results.

So i questioned the true agenda of lejosef or those forumers who don't identify themselves or have something against one company or others and yet do not provide proof of wrong doing, etc.

You meant if anyone just put in a few post and so cannot share. You also have only a few post and all your posts is about this company and why you hate this company so much.

Let me guess, you must be one of the ex-employees or even James Tey himself or his guys who.....

So i questioned the true agenda of lejosef or those forumers who don't identify themselves or have something against one company or others and yet do not provide proof of wrong doing, etc.

* First of all, I do NOT "have only a few post and all your posts is about this company" cause I am the member of this Forum a little bit longer than you are and my 70++ posts until now are definately not about this company. If you knew how to check it, then you will now about that.

* Second, you can guess as long as you want to, but you never will come to truth so let me help you: I am a woman, causacian (from Europe) and never worked in Singapore.

* Third, I have no anything against this company at all. I didn't even start to be suspicious until I have read post of lejosef.....then I started to investigate and found this link above - which is some others experience, not mine......

It is not anything personal, and I have or had no any contact/connection with any of those 3 companies mentioned above. Not like an customer or anything else.

Few forumers in some other threads indicated that something should be wrong in so many nice words about one company which I found suspicious as well......in those words are so many details that is hard to believe that they are coming from some oridinary customer....

So, I do not like to be dragged around. This Forum , like many others, is to connect people to share their experience, give some advices, help each other. It is big difference in the words "I am only sharing a good offering from Lamidoor" when they are coming customer or when from employee/owner of that company, isnt' it? If someone would like to advertise himself, go ahead.....but, be honest and say it openly ! !

Anyway, in this Forum are many threads where forumers/customers posted their offers or quotations from ID companies, and when their renovations started they posted many pics about progress and final reno. So, it would be interesting to see some proof of that from this forumer who praise this company so much.....

Just to add, everyone can go to Google and found the address/contact of those 3 companies above - all of them had exactly the same phone no, address, unit no.....so, conclusion is yours....