Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

i didn't even look at the pictorial... just stick one side on the wall. then push both until they are firm against the wall. hahahaahaha....

i did not try to install immediately. i was playing/testing with it, until the 2 poles got separated from each other.....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

EVERYDAY IS SUNDAY SHOPPING

We didn't go home empty-handed too. We bought Osim UMist Baby from the Osim booth. I wanted to buy a humidifier long long time ago, but couldn't find a cheap and small humidifier. I also don't want to spend $100-200 to buy this kind of machine. And finally, we found this; something we could afford. Osim UMist usual price is $88, now selling at $68, with 1 year warranty. Osim UMist is very small and light, and the water tank can last up to 6hours. When the water dries up, the machine will shut down automatically. You can put a drop of essential oil to make the water vapour smell nicer.

Buy one now if you don't have a humidifier at home!

Osim_uMist_Baby.jpg

Oh! i planned to get one too! hahahahaha :)

DAY TWENTY

Bad news: Electrical work was supposed to start work this Wednesday, but we were informed to ask our electrician to start work this Friday(???). Friday is a public holiday. Who will work on public holiday without double pay? We are paying according to the electrician's daily pay. This definitely affects our budget.

Today is plastering day. Hubby went home to check on the progress. One of the worker spoke to Hubby and told him it would be better to ask our electrician to start work next Monday, instead of coming this week. We knew the plastering work would not complete within a day. They took the whole morning to complete plastering for only MBR ceiling. Not forgetting we are buffering the stone walls and plastering the walls, this will definitely take a few days to complete the plastering work. Not sure if Hubby has informed contractor about this, but we don't want to trouble our electrician to come back another day if he shows up this Friday. At the same time, we also don't want to rush the plaster workers to quickly do their job. This will also affect their quality of work. Looks like work progress is going to delay for one week :~

Plastering work for MBR ceiling is completed

20120403_182244.jpg

IMG-20120403-WA0003.jpg

MBR toilet ceiling is completed

IMG-20120403-WA0002.jpg

One worker removes the wall nails (left behind from the previous false ceiling), the other worker is plastering the kitchen ceiling

IMG-20120403-WA0001.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

My place took almost a wk plus to complete the plastering.. Only 1 guy working though

If assign two people to work the plastering for the house, then logically, it will take at least 3-4 days to complete.

Guys, if you find that the Osim humidifier is expensive, there is a cheaper alternative. There is a promotion for USB humidifier. It can be connected to your computer or car. You may purchase the humidifier through the below web link. It costs $20.90.

http://www.streetdeal.sg/deals/view/1423/0/54_percent_off_USB_Air_Humidifier_Purifier._7_Designs.html

humidifier.jpg

Isn't it cute? It is not a mug, it is a humidifier

Edited by ayazumi

If assign two people to work the plastering for the house, then logically, it will take at least 3-4 days to complete.

if i don't remember wrongly, mine took 3 days or so and there were abt 3 people working on the plastering..but i think there is a day that there were only 2 person.

if i don't remember wrongly, mine took 3 days or so and there were abt 3 people working on the plastering..but i think there is a day that there were only 2 person.

Today we have 3 workers doing plastering for the house. I think they belong to a team of plastering.

We must give recommendation to this team of plaster workers as they really put in their 100% effort in scrapping the bits and pieces of old painting, stone walls, and doing plastering. :thumbs up: Hopefully they can complete the plaster work by this Thursday.

Today we have 3 workers doing plastering for the house. I think they belong to a team of plastering.

We must give recommendation to this team of plaster workers as they really put in their 100% effort in scrapping the bits and pieces of old painting, stone walls, and doing plastering. :thumbs up: Hopefully they can complete the plaster work by this Thursday.

3 persons would be able to worker faster. Mine took about 3 days inclusive of the high walls and all ceilings.

After this, everything should be swee and smooth 

3 persons would be able to worker faster. Mine took about 3 days inclusive of the high walls and all ceilings.

After this, everything should be swee and smooth 

Thanks potatoes

DAY TWENTY-ONE

We discover a serious issue which needs immediate rectification.

From far:

20120403_182039.jpg

Close up:

20120404_095243.jpg

The kitchen tile gap protruded out by 1". The gap did not flush aligning to the wall; the gap looked ugly, and very dangerous too. We would not know when we would hit that gap. It may be impossible to have a swing door if there is a gap on the right.

Previously before renovation, the gap was not that obvious, but after laying the new tiles, the gap became more obvious. See below before renovation picture:

2012-03-15112302.jpg

Two solutions:

1. To apply cement on that wall (previously was MBR old doorway);

2. To use 2x gypsum board to cover that wall; to flush the wall with the gap.

Hubby prefers the latter... ($$$ deduct from his own pocket)

Edited by ayazumi

Our oven from Courts was delivered this early afternoon.

But Hoe Kee missed out delivering our Blanco sink! They were late for delivery, and didn't call us if they were coming until we called Genting Lane office. At least Courts delivery man called us if he could deliver the oven to our house.

20120404_144548.jpg

20120404_144556.jpg

IMG-20120404-WA0003.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

Plastering works were completed about 60%. Arts room, study room and living room's plastering works not done yet. This may take them another two days to complete the work.

MBR plastering work has completed

20120404_181257.jpg

Arts room plastering work was done halfway

20120404_181616.jpg

20120404_181609.jpg

Kitchen ceiling plastering work has completed

20120403_181845.jpg

20120403_181756.jpg

Edited by ayazumi