Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
v1hypersg

My Home, 4I In Tanjong Pagar Plaza

but for the toilet, from the photos that i see here, if you install new toilet bowl, it is just a socket to install the new toilet bowl over the socket, just need to lay the new waste pipe from new toilet bowl to the existing socket and then into the main one,

not that difficult, i thought,

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

bedsidelampwallmountedw.th.jpg

floatingtablewithshelf.th.jpg

for both bedrooms,

requirement is simple,

just bedside table with drawer mounted into wall,

wall mounted lamp with swivel or extension arm,

wall mounted table with drawer,

built in wardrobe,

not installing tv but will install internet point, scv point and telephone socket for future if renting out

studytablewithshelvesst.th.jpg

for study,

as above photo idea,

just table with drawer, and book shelf but would install sliding glass on the compartment to keep out dust,

simple requirement

tvconsolewithstorage2.th.jpg

builtintablewithstorage.th.jpg

tvfeaturewallwithstorag.th.jpg

living room,

i would like to install the as per above photo, built in storage for tv console so can hide things away and make house look neat and less cluttered,

but i know it will be expensive due to customised carpentry,

basically, these are the requirements for my house,

flooring for whole house, tiles for living and bedrooms,

redo kitchen,

toilet if possible to have 2 toilet bowls,

bedrooms and study as per above photos,

living room, tv console with storage,

concept is simple, but easy to maintain and can hide away clutter to make it look tidy or organized,

other than that, the rest is up to ID to propose or integrate my requests into his/her design for me,

or you think i should look for contractors and research for more about the kitchen and living room and lighting and get contractor to oversee to save on costs ?

living room,

i would like to install the as per above photo, built in storage for tv console so can hide things away and make house look neat and less cluttered,

not exactly. these are usually charged at $XXX psf.(depending on your chosen finishing) but you will have to draw the requirements to the carpenters, or at least shown them the pics, and they will then propose what they think they are able to achieve. if the ID designs for you, of course the price will be extra special too :sport-smiley-004:

A 4m long laminated cabinet should cost about 2500 and up.

and while you are at it, don't forget to incorporate the electrical cables, power switches, AV cables, and even lighting points all within the carpentry.

Edited by getzski

toiletlayoutj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

toilet, i was hoping to install another toilet bowl and entrance into kitchen as in the day, when we are working, as least my dog can go in toilet and do his business,

if i leave the whole house for him to roam, he might make a big mess, that is why there must be an entrance from kitchen into toilet,

then next, i thought to change the orientation of toilet bowl to face study room with sliding glass door as it takes a smaller footprint,

then other toilet to install another toilet bowl with shower screen, and small basin and mirror and suspended cabinet underneathe the sink

I checked on this forum and a lady mentioned she managed to install another toilet bowl in the bathroom and no problems

please refer to this link to that reference : http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47612

as if the above of installing another toilet bowl is doable, i will redo the whole toilet to make that work, i mean if flushing will not have problem and hdb approve,

"What-I-would-like" cannot be done, you just cannot anyhow raise the floor area to add another waste pipe to the original, you will risk the "gold" getting stuck somewhere in the extra waste pipe causing blockage or smell.

"What-I-think-can-be-done" cannot be done without raising the floor area around the WC to add a detour waste pipe.

living room,

Depend on the length (calculated by per foot run (pfr)), the complication of the design, the amount of plywood in use, the type and thickness of the laminates and the trimming in use, i would set aside $300 pfr.

studytablewithshelvesst.th.jpg

for study,

as above photo idea,

just table with drawer, and book shelf but would install sliding glass on the compartment to keep out dust,

simple requirement

All custom build... set aside $300 pfr.

bedsidelampwallmountedw.th.jpg

floatingtablewithshelf.th.jpg

for both bedrooms,

requirement is simple,

just bedside table with drawer mounted into wall,

wall mounted lamp with swivel or extension arm,

wall mounted table with drawer,

built in wardrobe,

not installing tv but will install internet point, scv point and telephone socket for future if renting out

All custom build... same! Better side aside $300 pfr.

My rough guess all your carpentry add up will cost you $15-20K depend on material selection.

can anyone advise if it is advisable to get ready made furniture or built in furniture ?

i mean, i heard that people saying if you have built in furniture, you cannot re-arrange the furniture when you get sick of the look,

also built-in is more expensive but i thought if there are no legs of empty top space, cleaning and maintenance is easier

also you fully utilised the limited space in our small hdb flats,

but then the trade off is more expensive,

can anyone advise if it is advisable to get ready made furniture or built in furniture ?

i mean, i heard that people saying if you have built in furniture, you cannot re-arrange the furniture when you get sick of the look,

also built-in is more expensive but i thought if there are no legs of empty top space, cleaning and maintenance is easier

also you fully utilised the limited space in our small hdb flats,

but then the trade off is more expensive,

If you custom build for $20K and can last you 20 years (staring at same design and cannot re-arrange) v/s you buy ready made for $5K and last you 6 years (every 6 years can change new design and can re-arrange if tired of the arrangement), which one would you prefer?

There is no need to occupied all space with furniture, especially space are limited for a small hdb flat.

I agreed with taichipanda. Quality of custom build usually better and

1) as if you will move it around? Once fixed, no one will move ard the furniture cos where you place usually is the best in small hdb that we stay in

2) off the rack will have chance of getting moldy. 2 of my friends I know here have to throw away their wardrobe within 1 year cos moldy.

3) doesn't mean off the rack furniture are much cheaper. It might only 30% cheaper depending on what you choose.

4) will you get the colours, size and designs you looking for?

At least if u get good contractor, any problem with the custom build, he can get it sorted out. If u buy off the rack, u might argue and argue till CASE also the problem still there.

utilise the limited space as in the top of the ready built wardrobes, which does not stretch to the ceiling, usually the top gets dusty and you need to clean often and you cannot use the top for storage as it looks ugly,

I think i will go ahead to cater for custom built,

any good recommendation for contractor for custom built furniture ?

is it cheaper if i find contractor from malaysia and they get the materials from malaysia and come to singapore and install ?

heard it might be cheaper and also the wood is better quality