Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jshome

Not An Em, Just A 5Am

Some updates! Hacking started last 3days, and there are 2more walls pending for approval.

Railing is down. How we wish if we can do away with it totally!

6bd0841f.jpg

r u keeping the steps??

Edited by thedottyness

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

r u keeping the steps??

Yes, we are. Hopefully it can be salvage, we are only changing the railing.

Something crazy for our railing is coming out, or i would say we will be the 1st doing such thing! Waiting for the sample from factory, hopefully it iturns out nice! Finger-crossed!

Saw your thread and it suddenly give me an idea to sell away my previous owners lamps and ceiling fans to cash converter too hehe

Don't thinkcash convertor wants ceiling fan but lamp maybe! Its better to bring more things to CC to make your trip more worthwhile.

Edited by jshome

Something crazy for our railing is coming out, or i would say we will be the 1st doing such thing! Waiting for the sample from factory, hopefully it iturns out nice! Finger-crossed!

Can't wait to see your special railing! When will you put it up??

1st of its kind? Hmmmm.... Don't keep us in suspense leh..... Show us your drawings or pictures, k? :)

Floor Selection!

A major decision for us! As I have mentioned earlier, we wanted to minimise hacking, so we shall overlay the existing marble flooring.

We can overlay with Parquet, tiles, or laminates.

We love parquet, having lived with parquet for the past 6 years, we simply just loved it with no regret, we took care of it very well. But ever since the kids came along, scratches, knocks are inevitable, we just closed both eyes!!! At least with the soft flooring, it minimize the impact from their numerous falls.

With the new house, we just have to give parquet a miss, any scratches on the floor will definitely make us boil!!!

For Tiles, we just don't like the hard and cold surface!

Narrow down to just laminates. We have our reservation for laminates, we heard horror story about laminates, how it budge after water seep in, the hollow sound, etc etc.... We source from various flooring company but still not satisfy with it.

When we are sourcing from ID firms, one of them suggested Vinyl Flooring, a type of rubber laminates, and it is resistant to scratches and impact, insulate against sound. Sound good!! We research a little bit more on it and decided to give it a go!

And since we are leveling up the kitchen, dinning and living area, laying the whole ground floor with vinyl, we have selected the high-end resilient flooring, 100% waterproof... minimising lots of stress and maintenance.

We got the sales person to bring down some samples, and we are still discussing with our IDs the colour scheme we are going. But most likely we will go for the Oak Black!!

030.jpg

Hi Jshome, We did Vinyl flooring too ! no regrets.... luving it ever since it was installed =p although we know its resistant to scratches and water , I admit .. We are still very careful with it ..guess our "babying " will wear off in time :P When we chose "Aspen black " for our MBR ,we were warned that it might be too dark but we still went with it ... Love to see ur pics . Which company are you guys going with ?

Can't wait to see your special railing! When will you put it up??

1st of its kind? Hmmmm.... Don't keep us in suspense leh..... Show us your drawings or pictures, k? :)

I am also anxious to see how it will turn out. I think it shld b the last thing to be install. Skeptical about the idea initally, but decided to take the risk and trust the expert.

Hi Jshome, We did Vinyl flooring too ! no regrets.... luving it ever since it was installed =p although we know its resistant to scratches and water , I admit .. We are still very careful with it ..guess our "babying " will wear off in time :P When we chose "Aspen black " for our MBR ,we were warned that it might be too dark but we still went with it ... Love to see ur pics . Which company are you guys going with ?

Wow great, thanks for giving us your feedback, i hope i have no regrets too. We are using "Aspen Black" for both the living and kitchen, in fact the black looks lighter in the night with the lights on. We got ours from Evorich.

Must continue to take care of your floor. We have decided to give a 10yr lifespan for the vinyl flooring, so we will take extra care to live up to that expectation.

I can feel GSS is coming, with sales everywhere. More choices and more bargaining power. Time to grab some new pillow, bedsheets and kitchen toys!

ea19a917.jpg

Having headache searching for nice dinning chair. Since our dinning area is around our island, we have to source for chair with the right height. But seems like the choices are limited. Those that we saw is either too bulky or too filmsy :unsure:

I was at furniture fair yesterday and testing the Sweet Dream mattress. Found the mattress that I like and its around $3000 for king size, but seems like this brand not a popular choice among renotalk so didnt place order. Maybe i should go again and test other brand in the same price range bed before making a decision.

Shall check out robinson member sales too!

Edited by jshome

How about a princess theme room for both my girls!

f298d223.jpg

kekekekeke.. nice theme~ but highly doubt my "princesses" can keep it in that shape.

could you pm me the sofa contact? :P many thanks!