Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jshome

Not An Em, Just A 5Am

Last year I went for a business trip to shanghai, and had a chance to stay in a 6* hotel. The bed is soooo comfotable that you just wish you can lie there all day. Found out from the tour manager that for all 5* hotel and above, their bed sheet, quilt, quilt cover and pillow must be silk quality, you can imagine, how comfortable it can be. From then on, I promise myself that my next bed must match up to that.

Since I can't afford a pure silk mattress, at least the comfot level can match. Not the best but at least its within my budget.

a lot of time, the comfortable is from the bedsheet, not the bed. hotels, especially those 5* and 6* are using egyptian cotton bedsheets.... and it really makes sleeping on their bed so so comfortable. i have different bedsheets with different quality. when i using the better quality, suddenly i find my bed are so comfortable. on other types, the bed was just ok. hehehehe....

really amazed at the clouds painted in your kids room. your SO so good in drawing? wow!! :dribble:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

O too bad maybe next time when spoilt den change lor since u have paid full

I believe the price u c in hommage is much cheaper :dribble:

Do post pics of your bed frame :yamseng:

Just an ordinary looking bed base, made of pvc. Buy it not because we like it, its just that we want to move it soon. Shall wait for it to spoilt lor.

a lot of time, the comfortable is from the bedsheet, not the bed. hotels, especially those 5* and 6* are using egyptian cotton bedsheets.... and it really makes sleeping on their bed so so comfortable. i have different bedsheets with different quality. when i using the better quality, suddenly i find my bed are so comfortable. on other types, the bed was just ok. hehehehe....

really amazed at the clouds painted in your kids room. your SO so good in drawing? wow!! :dribble:

Those egyptian bedsheets not cheap lor!!! By the way, base on your experience, how many threadcount and which material type is the most comfortable. I can look out for it during sale, or buy it when strike toto.

Moving in

No! We have not moved in yet, but someone yet had..... The Ants Family!

I stare and trace their activities for almost 15mins, found their nest hiding inside the toilet ceiling corner, it was hidden behind the sewage pipe, didn't realise there's a big lobang there! They works in pair and one of them is carrying food into their nest, I trace their food source, and found its from the rubbish chute :bangwall: (a big disadvantage for living in a old flat!). What can I do?? :curse:

3f40946a.jpg

Moving in

I stare and trace their activities for almost 15mins, found their nest hiding inside the toilet ceiling corner, it was hidden behind the sewage pipe, didn't realise there's a big lobang there! They works in pair and one of them is carrying food into their nest, I trace their food source, and found its from the rubbish chute :bangwall: (a big disadvantage for living in a old flat!). What can I do?? :curse:

3f40946a.jpg

spray insecticide to kill all of them, then use silicon or plaster to seal up the hole?

Moving in

3f40946a.jpg

I have told the worker to patch it up for me. Tonight I'm going to :fire: them all!

Is there any product in the market that I can put around the rubbish chute to prevent future invasion of creatures??

I have told the worker to patch it up for me. Tonight I'm going to :fire: them all!

Is there any product in the market that I can put around the rubbish chute to prevent future invasion of creatures??

Stick ant baits? U need to renew them every few mths.

i also have ants coming out from rubbish chute.... was so upset with it. tried bought some ant baits, at least 3 types. and none works.... then my contractor's right hand man helped me to buy some ant chalks. Its really good... after i use that to draw around the rubbish chute, i have no ants for the past 1 month (coming to 2 months).

I told getzski to get it and he says its very good too.... try find that around those neighbourhood shop.

i also have ants coming out from rubbish chute.... was so upset with it. tried bought some ant baits, at least 3 types. and none works.... then my contractor's right hand man helped me to buy some ant chalks. Its really good... after i use that to draw around the rubbish chute, i have no ants for the past 1 month (coming to 2 months).

I told getzski to get it and he says its very good too.... try find that around those neighbourhood shop.

Wow... Must buy must buy, tonight go and buy, circle around my rubbish chute and around all windows as well!

hi jshome.....so funny i had did the same thing last night. followed a TEAM of ants from kitchen top all the way to my black tile floor. they were totally in camo mode when they march alone the black grout lines, and said hi to the other team coming from the other way. they walk across the entire kitchen floor and then proceed to the dining room. while they are crawling through the oak-looking laminated floor, again it is impossible to spot them unless i had direct bright led following them. they ended up at the foot of my teak table.

i applied my magic chalk along the trail and voila, 15 minutes later.....dead ants everywhere.....lol. had to use vacumn to help me in the corpse clearing since there is so many of them....

20120712_194219.jpg

i'd tried many "versions" of ant killer products, and this is the only one that really works for me. thanks to maydream for the recommendations!

Hi JS Home, buy those ant killing pellets from the supermarkets and place them near the problem areas. Very effective!

Those pellets only effective for 3-4 days then will come back again. These chalks?? Nearly 2 months and not a single one I have seen. My whole house is basically white so 1 ant will be so obvious! So only the chalks works!!

hi jshome.....so funny i had did the same thing last night. followed a TEAM of ants from kitchen top all the way to my black tile floor. they were totally in camo mode when they march alone the black grout lines, and said hi to the other team coming from the other way. they walk across the entire kitchen floor and then proceed to the dining room. while they are crawling through the oak-looking laminated floor, again it is impossible to spot them unless i had direct bright led following them. they ended up at the foot of my teak table.

i applied my magic chalk along the trail and voila, 15 minutes later.....dead ants everywhere.....lol. had to use vacumn to help me in the corpse clearing since there is so many of them....

i'd tried many "versions" of ant killer products, and this is the only one that really works for me. thanks to maydream for the recommendations!

Those pellets only effective for 3-4 days then will come back again. These chalks?? Nearly 2 months and not a single one I have seen. My whole house is basically white so 1 ant will be so obvious! So only the chalks works!!

Thanks for the photo sample, didnt see this one at the shop we went, so just bought insecticide to kill the nest 1st. Those major supermarket don't sell these right, must go neighbourhood shop?

I'm getting really excited in get rid those creatures! :yeah:

Thanks for the photo sample, didnt see this one at the shop we went, so just bought insecticide to kill the nest 1st. Those major supermarket don't sell these right, must go neighbourhood shop?

I'm getting really excited in get rid those creatures! :yeah:

it's a lifelong committment. my friend's wife commented that she thought there are no ants at her place. and one day while she was cleaning the top kitchen cabinet which has not been used for a year, she found an ant's nest there.

it's a lifelong committment. my friend's wife commented that she thought there are no ants at her place. and one day while she was cleaning the top kitchen cabinet which has not been used for a year, she found an ant's nest there.

Actually I don't have to worry because I got a pest buster at home. He is extremely paranoid with small nasty creatures. He will track and killed with half can of insecticide. For xiao qiong, he will make sure it drown with insectide! Really hate it when he do that, told him many times that it's not good for the children. There is once, he trace the ant nest to my box of document, he just spray everything inside, with my documents too :bangwall:

And there is another time, he messed up the storeroom, dig everything out from it just to track some worms movement.

Each time, I will kena from him too :fire::fire:

Kudo to him, for the past 6years in our previous house, no single sight of lizard at all. No chance for survival! He don't kill, he will catch it with his bare hand and throw it out from the window!