Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

need advise, HDB will approved to full length windows for balcony since most of the new BTO are build wif such windows **** rm....will be nice wif EM :P

6_b-1.jpg

The air-con compressor can be put at the upper level side wall. The loft bed is not a platform. It is just a raised bed which can be dismantled. The cost is about SGD1500.

So the loft bed is 'level' with the air-con compressor? And the entire area will be enclosed with windows? Not feasible. The compressor cannot operate in an enclosed area (I experimented with my ac switched on and my roller shutters down and the balcony became extremely warm). Plus not very humane to put the maid with the air-con compressor. The noise and heat will be quite unbearable IMO.

If this is a Gen 2 layout, the poor maid is literally sleeping outside 2 toilets and just outside the MBR (which may have a side window like my layout). Quite gross (humidity, toilet smells & no privacy in the toilets) and also no privacy for you and your partner in the MBR.

The windows will not enclose the whole of void area but only up to the roof at the void area. The compressor is put at the side above the roof.

So the loft bed is 'level' with the air-con compressor? And the entire area will be enclosed with windows? Not feasible. The compressor cannot operate in an enclosed area (I experimented with my ac switched on and my roller shutters down and the balcony became extremely warm). Plus not very humane to put the maid with the air-con compressor. The noise and heat will be quite unbearable IMO.

If this is a Gen 2 layout, the poor maid is literally sleeping outside 2 toilets and just outside the MBR (which may have a side window like my layout). Quite gross (humidity, toilet smells & no privacy in the toilets) and also no privacy for you and your partner in the MBR.

i saw 1 ground from em at khatib with a loft at their balcony..if i have a chance to walk pass again mayb i try to snap a pic..

anyway just to check here..what is the common air-con brand use in em? i was told with system 4 the power will not be gd and was recommended with system 3 instead..can someone advise please.

The windows will not enclose the whole of void area but only up to the roof at the void area. The compressor is put at the side above the roof.

For the renovation of my 5-room flat, I am thinking of changing both toilet bowl positions so that a nice wall to wall vanity top can be put in place in both bathrooms. Have anyone of you changed the toilet bowl positions before? Thanks.

Do you have a 5 room or EM?

i saw 1 ground from em at khatib with a loft at their balcony..if i have a chance to walk pass again mayb i try to snap a pic..

anyway just to check here..what is the common air-con brand use in em? i was told with system 4 the power will not be gd and was recommended with system 3 instead..can someone advise please.

Hi split84,

Was skeptical at first to install Dai###, as I always thought Mitsu??!!! Was the best. But due to advice given that the former had cool faster, I installed a system 4 for my EM. 4 for the rooms, 3 at upper dck and 1 below. No ac for my living and dining area as no partition an to me makes no economic sense since no partition. :rolleyes:

Dps on how many rooms you intend to install blowers in and in which rooms. In theory the sum of the blowers BTU should be less than or equal to the compressor BTU. So e.g. if you have 9k BTUx3 + 18k BTU, then you need a compressor that can supply 45k BTU to all the blowers at the same time. So a system 3 that is underpowered means that your rooms may not be cold if all the blowers are switched on at the same time. Don't just look at System 3/4 etc, look at the BTU to compare. Different brands have different compressors BTU. Some have more max BTU than others.

Don't think there is a common brand. Btw you also need to decide:

- r22 or 410 coolant

- inverter or not

- which installer to get the aircon from (skill of installer is really important IMO)

Just for reference, my open concept living/kitchen is 20K BTU plus another 17K for the dining so that L1 will be cool enough during parties. Rooms are 12K for MBR, 8.5/9K each for study, BR2 & LEGO room.

FYI think I read horror stories from users of all the brands on the internet... gets a bit confusing after a while so I went along with what I was comfortable with (and could afford).

Hi,

Is the air con at level 1 room cold enough? I can only install one compressor and the aircon company was telling me not to install System 4 but to take System 3 instead.

He was saying if we need to install System 4, the level 1 room will need very long piping and this will be very costly and end result is not cold enough?

Advise us to go for System 3 and buy a separate casement aircon or portable aircon.

Wonder how true?

Hi split84,

Was skeptical at first to install Dai###, as I always thought Mitsu??!!! Was the best. But due to advice given that the former had cool faster, I installed a system 4 for my EM. 4 for the rooms, 3 at upper dck and 1 below. No ac for my living and dining area as no partition an to me makes no economic sense since no partition. :rolleyes:

I am not sure too. During my viewings, I do see EMs with two compressors at the void balcony. The living hall with a.c. my system 4 daikin costs 5k plus. Haiz. On the steep side. Total change on the bracket for the compressor and the repositioning of the blowers. About two more weeks for me to take possession from ID. Currently, my reno ahead of schedule by about one week.

Dps on how many rooms you intend to install blowers in and in which rooms. In theory the sum of the blowers BTU should be less than or equal to the compressor BTU. So e.g. if you have 9k BTUx3 + 18k BTU, then you need a compressor that can supply 45k BTU to all the blowers at the same time. So a system 3 that is underpowered means that your rooms may not be cold if all the blowers are switched on at the same time. Don't just look at System 3/4 etc, look at the BTU to compare. Different brands have different compressors BTU. Some have more max BTU than others.

Don't think there is a common brand. Btw you also need to decide:

- r22 or 410 coolant

- inverter or not

- which installer to get the aircon from (skill of installer is really important IMO)

Just for reference, my open concept living/kitchen is 20K BTU plus another 17K for the dining so that L1 will be cool enough during parties. Rooms are 12K for MBR, 8.5/9K each for study, BR2 & LEGO room.

FYI think I read horror stories from users of all the brands on the internet... gets a bit confusing after a while so I went along with what I was comfortable with (and could afford).

Wow. Adidaem. U are really good to do such a thorough study and analysis. ",)

Wow...5k for a system 4? Is the aircon cold enough?

My block is not upgraded with higher electricity voltage so I can only install 1 compressor.

Called up HDB to confirm already and the officer told me strictly 1 compressor only. Sianz....

I am not sure too. During my viewings, I do see EMs with two compressors at the void balcony. The living hall with a.c. my system 4 daikin costs 5k plus. Haiz. On the steep side. Total change on the bracket for the compressor and the repositioning of the blowers. About two more weeks for me to take possession from ID. Currently, my reno ahead of schedule by about one week.

Hi myrick88, not try yet. Lol. on completion and taking possession from ID, I will try to do a before and after major overhaul for comparison, as well as a comparison between 3D drawings and actual. For 3D and actual, due to regulatory and technical issues, there are some variations.

Ya hor....forgotten you are still in the midst of renovation. Haha.

Which aircon company did you engage? Maybe I can call them up to enquire coz the one I called up don't encourage me to go for System 4.

Hi myrick88, not try yet. Lol. on completion and taking possession from ID, I will try to do a before and after major overhaul for comparison, as well as a comparison between 3D drawings and actual. For 3D and actual, due to regulatory and technical issues, there are some variations.