Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi Ken Luis, nice to hear you had bought EM in hougang. Welcome to hougang :)

Yeah, as I'm nt in urgent to sell, thus I will still hold my EM till probably 2015 and see the market by then.

Hope I will continue to get good rental for my EM then will likely not selling and will hold as long as possible :)

Hi Jessie, thanks. My unit currently undergoing overhaul.

IMHO, Think there should be an appreciation in value for EM due to the staircase and space.

:yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Actual usable space in an EM is actually less than the quoted ~150 square metres due to the void in the second floor being counted in. That would be the staircase and balcony void...... an EA or a jumbo flat is actually comparable.

Actual usable space in an EM is actually less than the quoted ~150 square metres due to the void in the second floor being counted in. That would be the staircase and balcony void...... an EA or a jumbo flat is actually comparable.<BR>
Thanks for the info cleong, I didn't know the 150sqm include the void at staircase n balcony..... my ex-owner actually extend the staircase void and converted it to a usable space (I don't think it is legal right?). Hmm.... Neither are we allowed to build additional platforms at our balcony.....wishful thinking. Edited by potatoes

Thanks for the info cleong, I didn't know the 150sqm include the void at staircase n balcony..... my ex-owner actually extend the staircase void and converted it to a usable space (I don't think it is legal right?). Hmm.... Neither are we allowed to build additional platforms at our balcony.....wishful thinking.

Yes, if you look at HDB's building regulations, you are not allowed to build into that void. When you posted your "before" photos, I was quite curious that your previous owner did so, even passing the scrutiny of HDB's pre-sale inspector.

Yes, if you look at HDB's building regulations, you are not allowed to build into that void. When you posted your "before" photos, I was quite curious that your previous owner did so, even passing the scrutiny of HDB's pre-sale inspector.

Ya lor....If only HDB Inspector had done their job properly. I had to incur $$$ to dismantle that platform. :furious:

any one out there with a 3rd generation EM. Ive just move in to one of these type in woodlands (one that comes with bomb shelter inside the study.) Anyone got any idea how many blocks of these type in singapore??

Edited by EmPro

Blame the authorities out there for not building anymore EM.This cause the price of such flats to shoot up.. :dancingqueen:

Edited by EmPro

Congulates Guys,

Your EM is reaching a point to turn into GOLD!!

From http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/10/34441/prices-of-exec-maisonettes-to-rise-further

The few remaining executive maisonettes (EMs) in Singapore will likely see further price rises as the government does not intend to build such properties anymore, analysts said.

Recently, these properties which are quite rare created much buzz for fetching record-high prices, in particular a unit in Bishan.

In fact, four out of eight units sold this year that breached the S$900,000 mark were EMs, reported The Straits Times.

The large two-storey units have become highly desirable in the past few years thanks to the rising price gap between HDB flats and private property, and a wave of collective sales that have encouraged wealthy buyers to look for bigger units.

But the Housing and Development Board (HDB) stopped building these flats, which are sized between 138 and 243 sq m. In total, there are 65,000 executive flats, of which EMs form one group.

Due to sky-high prices of EMs, MP Gan Thiam Poh (Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC) asked if the housing board would continue building them.

Last Tuesday, National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan said that his Ministry will no longer build EMs because executive condominiums (ECs) offer a wider range of housing options for Singaporeans.

However, according to Mr Gan, “if they don’t build any more, prices for this particular type of flat will keep rising”.

Colin Tan, Research Head at Chesterton Suntec International, said that the scarcity of EMs will continue to boost their prices. He also predicted that these homes “will follow the path of HUDC units”.

The statements by Mr.Khaw is iersting , : ''Last Tuesday, National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan said that his Ministry will no longer build EMs because executive condominiums (ECs) offer a wider range of housing options for Singaporeans.''. Thai is what he thinks only. Majority of singaporeans stll will stick to their belief that EM is bettter.

I just found out the EM unit above us sold at 900k.. We kind of console ourselves the price we paid is not very high .. Haha

The statements by Mr.Khaw is iersting , : ''Last Tuesday, National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan said that his Ministry will no longer build EMs because executive condominiums (ECs) offer a wider range of housing options for Singaporeans.''. Thai is what he thinks only. Majority of singaporeans stll will stick to their belief that EM is bettter.

I just found out the EM unit above us sold at 900k.. We kind of console ourselves the price we paid is not very high .. Haha

where is your place??

EC normal 3/4 bedders are still very small size.. It's not apple to apple comparison. Only thing they have security facilities which not everyone will get to enjoy and utilize, nowadays A EC project consists of few hundreds units.. But of coz everyone has different needs and wants