Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Go for a holiday with the kids...... although short notice, maybe its good to go visit the in-laws? Otherwise a staycation...... there are cheap/reasonable hotels in Singapore if you know where to look? Sometimes you got to ask yourself, how much money would buy you peace of mind... and if you can afford it, probably its money worth spending.

Uncle.. I left 3.5days leave leh.. Haha.. I did hint my boss I wanna take NPL but she just giggled it away.. So.. Like that lor. But not a taboo bad day but just not the best. Haha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Can meh?? Initial plan was to moving day 1Dec then do the "enter house ceremony" on the 9th morning. But according to FSM is the sleeping there that counts. But since we not so superstitious n it's not 7th month or a significantly bad day, then we think just do it la. Haha..

My place is well maintained (coz vacant & haunted) in original condition. We changed downstairs drastically but kept upstairs almost as-is.. On a whole, besides the suicide that dampen our spirits.. We are v excited to move into the place.. But.. I hate moving!! It's so painful!! Oh.. Unpacking is a nightmare too.. Gasp!!

Aiya, bro, want to move in forget about whatever suicide la. choy choy choy. anyway, u found out happen outside mah. u also never offend anything la.

Move On, Move In & Be Happy.

:yamseng:

Aiya, bro, want to move in forget about whatever suicide la. choy choy choy. anyway, u found out happen outside mah. u also never offend anything la.

Move On, Move In & Be Happy.

:yamseng:

Yup.. Super happy she didnt jump out from the house.. It brings the whole atmosphere to a whole new level..

Huat huat to your moving too!!

After last evening's v heavy rain.. i'm happy to find out that the acrylic panel worked perfectly! Rain didnt kena the door at all. $80 well spent =)

acrylic2.jpg

However.. my balcony got it pretty bad. rain splashed in about 1m and i realized that the sliding door has a gap (coz there is no tracks on the floor) then potentially the rain water will seep in.. heng we did vinyl tiles instead of laminate.. if not byebye to the flooring.

balcony.jpg

@jsll.. thanks thanks!! =)

Bamboo blind will not have mold if you get it paint n don get the bamboo blind from Ikea that kind of blind will sure get mold,

I get my bamboo blind done by my curtain guy who did all my curtain n get paint in white look very nice,Btw Hdb will not install FOC roller blind gor the corridor door area...

Edited by Mymoonlighting

Hi Piggicia, most most welcome!

How much you paid for your balcony wooden flooring? Then it gets wet, will it get moulds?

Cos I'm thinking of doing that kinda flooring for my outdoor area for my new place.... And also thinking of song my EM balcony in that flooring too.

Hear from you soon :yamseng:

Bamboo blind will not have mold if you get it paint n don get the bamboo blind from Ikea that kind of blind will sure get mold,

I get my bamboo blind done by my curtain guy who did all my curtain n get paint in white look very nice,Btw Hdb will not install FOC roller blind gor the corridor door area...

Hi Mymoonlighting, my cousin's flat at punggol also go rain splashing problem and HDB did the roller blind at FOC for all the units there leh.

Hi Piggicia, most most welcome!

How much you paid for your balcony wooden flooring? Then it gets wet, will it get moulds?

Cos I'm thinking of doing that kinda flooring for my outdoor area for my new place.... And also thinking of song my EM balcony in that flooring too.

Hear from you soon :yamseng:

The wood is chengai so won't mould. It's an outdoor wood so supposed to withstand weather. Now still patchy coz just lay n sanded down. With time it will become a rich brown. My friend did it for us n it's about 20/sq feet I think. Depends on choice of wood too. Mine is friend price so it's cheaper. Evorich quoted me $3.5k if use their coconut wood thing. Mine is less than half that. I would say abt 2k

The wood is chengai so won't mould. It's an outdoor wood so supposed to withstand weather. Now still patchy coz just lay n sanded down. With time it will become a rich brown. My friend did it for us n it's about 20/sq feet I think. Depends on choice of wood too. Mine is friend price so it's cheaper. Evorich quoted me $3.5k if use their coconut wood thing. Mine is less than half that. I would say abt 2k

Ok. Thanks thanks.

Will keep in mind.

If u call hdb to complain said water splash onto the corridor and wet ur door they will install for u foc but u need to maintain it. At my current house I called to complain said floor is wet they said will install for me

1. Because HDB says so?

Examples of Renovation Work Not Allowed:

Extending floor area by covering over void areas (e.g. covering over void areas within maisonette flats)

Source: http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoNotAllow?OpenDocument

Many many things cannot be done simply cos HDB says so. Do familiarise yourself with the do's and don'ts so you don't contravene any major rule. HDB can force you to dismantle the illegal structure or make good whatever wall you whacked without permission.

2. DVader just did a skylight. The contact and cost is in his t-blog.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53985&view=findpost&p=760000

Thanks adidaem for HDB rules....haiz, space wastage...we could have do more magic for this viod area attached to our master room.

2) for skylight, it's more ex than shutter. I'm having big problem as my extended balcony always get wet during recent heavy rainfall..haiz.... just bcos ex-owner said rain won't comes in with half open erated roof.

Please advise how to post pic. maybe someone can give me an idea what to do after seeing it. Thanks in advance. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by chrislam

acrylic.jpg

YIPPEEEEE!!! this is my gate with the acrylic. later i go over during lunch time n i go take pics of my neighbor's house door which is about 6 month old and damaged by the rain water. =)

Hey.. thanks for the picture. can give me the contact of your contractor to check the rate. Thanks in advance.