Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Think boyblunder mentioned that he did since the pipes are on level one so shifting the positions of the upstairs loo won't affect neighbour. You can search via Google for his blog.

There are 2 kinds of toilet bowls.

1. Hole downwards

2. Hole to the back

Most likely for 1, you cant change the location. For 2, you can shift towards left or right.

Thanx adidaem and duhzzz. Will check with HDB on Mon if possible to shift.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks adidaem for HDB rules....haiz, space wastage...we could have do more magic for this viod area attached to our master room.

2) for skylight, it's more ex than shutter. I'm having big problem as my extended balcony always get wet during recent heavy rainfall..haiz.... just bcos ex-owner said rain won't comes in with half open erated roof.

Please advise how to post pic. maybe someone can give me an idea what to do after seeing it. Thanks in advance. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi All,

Been busy with my shifting and all.

Anyway, I was out reece with my wife to look at EMs on how they maximise their void areas, especially with those which had their balcony roof sheltered and roofed, so as to explore the possibilities of expanding usable space and also room for drying my clothes.

My ID had given the idea to install bamboo holders at the side window of MBR to allow bamboos to be hung from the area, so that any wet clothings will drip on my own roof.

Indeed, it was possible and feasible for the installation. we had noted a number of units doing it.

Further to what we had observed, we had noted that there was one 1st floor unit (total 4 stories EM) which had constructed a liveable room or sort on the second floor :sport-smiley-003: Power man. Both of us were surprised. But we gave some thoughts that since it is only second floor, there maybe some leeway given on safety aspect.

There were also units that had constructed some form of storage with tentage on the roof with access through the second floor common toilet or the side window of MBR. For these, both of us were concerned over the stability and safety.

We had also sighted unit with a walkway and sort of little balcony over the balcony.

Wow. All the creativity and maximising of space over the void.

It is fascinating. :thumbs up:

Just to share. Not sure if prior approvals were obtained.

IDs did mention, Wonders can be made, but when comes to HDB inspection, especially at time of sale, illegal modifications needed to be rectified.

Wow. :yamseng:

There are 2 kinds of toilet bowls.

1. Hole downwards

2. Hole to the back

Most likely for 1, you cant change the location. For 2, you can shift towards left or right.

Hi duh zzz,

Is it something like P trap and S trap? Heard my ID mentioned when selecting toilet bowls. My ID initially wanted to hack the wall between my MBR toilet and second flr common toilet and reposition the overall layout, including the toilet bowls. But due to budget constraints, I told him, your ideas many many. My money not so. Haha.

acrylic.jpg

YIPPEEEEE!!! this is my gate with the acrylic. later i go over during lunch time n i go take pics of my neighbor's house door which is about 6 month old and damaged by the rain water. =)

Hi Piggicia

Could you pm me your acrylic panel installer contact and what is the cost like?

thanks!

Originalbread

Hi All,

Been busy with my shifting and all.

Anyway, I was out reece with my wife to look at EMs on how they maximise their void areas, especially with those which had their balcony roof sheltered and roofed, so as to explore the possibilities of expanding usable space and also room for drying my clothes.

My ID had given the idea to install bamboo holders at the side window of MBR to allow bamboos to be hung from the area, so that any wet clothings will drip on my own roof.

Indeed, it was possible and feasible for the installation. we had noted a number of units doing it.

Further to what we had observed, we had noted that there was one 1st floor unit (total 4 stories EM) which had constructed a liveable room or sort on the second floor :sport-smiley-003: Power man. Both of us were surprised. But we gave some thoughts that since it is only second floor, there maybe some leeway given on safety aspect.

There were also units that had constructed some form of storage with tentage on the roof with access through the second floor common toilet or the side window of MBR. For these, both of us were concerned over the stability and safety.

We had also sighted unit with a walkway and sort of little balcony over the balcony.

Wow. All the creativity and maximising of space over the void.

It is fascinating. :thumbs up:

Just to share. Not sure if prior approvals were obtained.

IDs did mention, Wonders can be made, but when comes to HDB inspection, especially at time of sale, illegal modifications needed to be rectified.

Wow. :yamseng:

I also noticed 2 units at ground converted the void into useable areas.. One even with Access thru the Mbr.. I wish I can do that as well lol

I also noticed 2 units at ground converted the void into useable areas.. One even with Access thru the Mbr.. I wish I can do that as well lol

How to access thru the MBR? Hack down part of the wall n install a door? My ex owner built a platform at the staircase void and used it as a study corner.

Hi split84,

Too bad, ours not ground floor. What I had seen was the void being converted into a small bedroom or sort. Could see mattress.

Good for the ground floor EM owners loh.

Super envious.

How to access thru the MBR? Hack down part of the wall n install a door? My ex owner built a platform at the staircase void and used it as a study corner.

Hi potatoes,

Yes. Hacked. The costs for construction think not cheap too. The whole place above the roof levelled with steel or sort. Glass windows with curtains.

Dare not take photo and post here. Not sure got approval or not.

Does anyone remember which user it was that bought a EM...and used a ID from Upper Serangoon area? I remember that user saying he/she was also on a shoestring budget...just wondering if anyone remembers.

Thanks!

Hi potatoes,

Yes. Hacked. The costs for construction think not cheap too. The whole place above the roof levelled with steel or sort. Glass windows with curtains.

Dare not take photo and post here. Not sure got approval or not.

I wonder are we saying the same unit.. The one I saw was at khatib

I wonder are we saying the same unit.. The one I saw was at khatib

Hi split84

Not the same la. Cos the one sighted by me in Hougang. :thumbs up:

Hi guys

I had bought a EM in tampines and would like get some advise. Can we apply to hdb to relocate the aircon ledge from the balcony to to the master bedroom windows area?

Hi guys

I had bought a EM in tampines and would like get some advise. Can we apply to hdb to relocate the aircon ledge from the balcony to to the master bedroom windows area?