Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi guys,

Would like to seek some advice. One of the IDs is quoting me close to 6000 just to do up the staircase railings in glass. This excludes the hacking of old staircase railings and steps, as well as the new wood steps. What the ID is saying is that i will need 6 panels of glass and they will use "plugs" at the base to secure the glass panels to the stairs instead of creating a mould to fit the glass in. I am baffled. 6K for glass railings only???

Can someone who has done the same kindly advise me?

Thanks!

Think u can PM Prettibride abt this. She did the railings roughly the same way as what u intend to do. Check out her blog to see her railings. :)

Paiseh.. can't seem to paste the link to her blog... The pics on her staircase is on pg 1. Cost stated on her blog is $2.2k. But that's '06 price of course. :)

Edited by Angel81

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi all! this thread so active today :lol:

for the glass railing, think my ID underquoted me. It's ard 2.3k for frameless full glass railing with concrete base. This quote is for 10mm thick tempered glass, but later he found out 10mm not secure enough, so change to 12mm tempered glass for me FOC.

Seems like you guys all managed within 3K for railings.

What is happening for my EM is that there is a void space between the staircase railings and the living room. As such, i have to do up railings for BOTH sides of the staircase.

I saw Prettibride's staircase pics and apparently one side of the wall has been "pushed" and merged towards the staircase (maybe plastering a board wall), thus only requiring railings on the other side of the staircase.

Prettibride's final staircase and home looked really fantastic. But i have my concerns that this will block out light from the living room, making the stairwell very dark as my place is already not bright as it is.

I am more or less resigned to the fact that i may have to fork out so much to do up both sides glass railings.

So expensive.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...blogid=131&

hi frosty,

can you help me ask your ID?

if i just want him do the glass railings,.....will he able to match the smae price to me?...if he can match, then i will just wan that railings done by him.....keke ;)

What is happening for my EM is that there is a void space between the staircase railings and the living room. As such, i have to do up railings for BOTH sides of the staircase.

I saw Prettibride's staircase pics and apparently one side of the wall has been "pushed" and merged towards the staircase (maybe plastering a board wall), thus only requiring railings on the other side of the staircase.

Prettibride's final staircase and home looked really fantastic. But i have my concerns that this will block out light from the living room, making the stairwell very dark as my place is already not bright as it is.

I am more or less resigned to the fact that i may have to fork out so much to do up both sides glass railings.

So expensive.

Ohhh... I tink I know the type of staircase u have le. Hmm.. very ex leh. But it's really nice. Take pics of ur staircase and house to show us leh! Hehe.. maybe wen I reno my future (haha) place.. I can learn from u.

Btw.. u confirm doing those kind of railings? Would you like to consider doing railings like virgo's? Her's got banister, with glass. Very nice oso. Hehe.. duno hw to explain, her pics at her t-blog. hehe.. Should be cheaper alternative

hi frosty,

if i just want him do the glass railings,.....will he able to match the smae price to me?...if he can match, then i will just wan that railings done by him.....keke ;)

Wah seh, if can I tink I'll wan the contact in future as well! hehee.. very cheap leh, almost the same price as the normal cost of those rod iron railings.

So expensive.

My stair is the same as yours, need railing on both sides of the staircase. And the quote of 3.3k is for both sides.

hi chrono,

FSM called me liao.

you see my signature below.....my auspicious move-in date is 4th Oct.

hi Angel & Chrono,

ya lor,.....think i will tell contractor to hand-over to me by mid Sep.....then at least i hv 2 wkends to go over and do cleaning lor.

and i will likely arrange for delivery of furnitures on 1st Oct (Hari Raya).....hahahaha :D

hi frosty,

hi jessie, i asked him liao.. he say definitely cannot match the price already cos that particular job he's making a loss by changing it to a 12mm glass. But he said he will calculate the amount and give me the best price later.

hi jessie, i asked him liao.. he say definitely cannot match the price already cos that particular job he's making a loss by changing it to a 12mm glass. But he said he will calculate the amount and give me the best price later.

hi frosty,

thanks!

you tell him my railing is only on 1 side, cos the other side oledi boxed-up,...... :)

u get what i meant?

my stairs is same as Prettibride's stairs ;)

Hi guys,

Would like to seek some advice. One of the IDs is quoting me close to 6000 just to do up the staircase railings in glass. This excludes the hacking of old staircase railings and steps, as well as the new wood steps. What the ID is saying is that i will need 6 panels of glass and they will use "plugs" at the base to secure the glass panels to the stairs instead of creating a mould to fit the glass in. I am baffled. 6K for glass railings only???

Can someone who has done the same kindly advise me?

Thanks!

When i was sourcing for quotes....some ids also quoted me $6k for the glass staircase....