Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi,

Anyone has any idea what's the normal price for plastering and painting of the whole house (with high wall ~5m)?

Hihi,

My ID quoted me 2850 for the plastering.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
haha i know, cos mine also like that, no void space at the other side.. i told him do exactly like mine

hi frosty,

tks tks ;)

Hi,

Anyone has any idea what's the normal price for plastering and painting of the whole house (with high wall ~5m)?

My contractor quoted me:

$2700 for plastering whole house, wall & ceiling (balcony wall max 8 ft high)

$2200 for painting with sealer (if opt for oil based sealer will cost slightly more)

The EM is ard 23yrs old and the sellers are 1st time owner. Reno is the roughly the same reno that they did when they moved in. It's really not move-in condition. Staircase railings are those wooden posts. Both upstairs & dwnstairs floors are tiles (very ugly) and staircase is parquet (but abit koyak already). We intend to have laminated flooring in the 3 bedrms and upstairs common flr, so it'll be kinda weird if it's laminated flooring and then parquet on staircase and tiles on 1st flr. Therefore wondering how to keep the staircase. Would like to have laminate on staircase as well to match the flr upstairs.

Heheh.. condition is reali bad. The have wallpaper on all walls in the 3 bedrms... peeling already. Kitchen oso rather bad. Window & grills rusty. Can't seem to find anything that we wana keep in the house. hehe

Hi Jessie! Hehe.. really envy u man. hehe.. COV zero, Reno so cheap some more! Hehe.. tks tks.. I'll ask you guys for the contact when I need it. Hehe.. would love to view your place if possible!

Is the layout long long one, with the WC right at the end, sink in the middle, and shower juz nex to the door? I tink the one I'm currently offering for is the same too! Very weird layout... :(

Btw hor.. I tink I rem seeing her post her pics of the common toilet leh... The one in black and white tiles (with pop out balls design one). Rem her sae that her son chose the sink for that common toilet oso..

really bad condition hor. But at least got parquet and even staircase railings also had been changed to wooden railings. When I got my EM, entire flat was in ceramic flooring, toilet wall tiles were already dropping like nobody's biz. Windows also looked as if they would be dropping soon and grilles were very rusty. We like the location and didnt bother to check out the details as we knew we would overhaul everything. Only after we got the keys then we noticed that the condition was really very bad. Really cant imagine how the old lady stayed there but then I think she dont care la.

did the seller name a price to sell or merely got agent to advertised it for sale and waiting for valuation to confirm the selling price?

dont remember virgo posting the pic of the common loo as I think me and Jessie go the same layout and would like to see how the loo is being organised i.e shower area n sink

this is the layout of my em....same as the one u're targetting?

colouredfloorplan.jpg

I'm collecting the key on 04/08 but will be renovating on 08/08/08 (dou tu date given by FSM). At the moment, finalizing quotation and selecting tiles and colors. Still contemplating whether to replace the current sliding balcony door with bi-fold wooden glass panel door.

both of u & Jessie must be very excited to start reno soon right? Congrats and do keep all of us busi with the pic coming in. Wow, wooden sliding door very ex hor. We opted out of it as its too costly and also afraid that the rain and shine wld spoilt the wood in the long run.

Dear all...

I'm back... after so long... My house is fully renovated and had moved in.

Hehe.... so happy.... my house is not those wow... designed house just a normal renovated to remove all the running down items.

congrats so enjoying evey min of the stair climbing? heee :notti:

got any pics to show us?

Edited by hello88

Hi guys,

Would like to seek some advice. One of the IDs is quoting me close to 6000 just to do up the staircase railings in glass. This excludes the hacking of old staircase railings and steps, as well as the new wood steps. What the ID is saying is that i will need 6 panels of glass and they will use "plugs" at the base to secure the glass panels to the stairs instead of creating a mould to fit the glass in. I am baffled. 6K for glass railings only???

Can someone who has done the same kindly advise me?

Thanks!

did u ask around for quotes as I think 6k is really very costly and u're paying it for the glass only and excluding the cost of hacking and re-doing the steps. I think 3k should be more reasonable.

Hi,

like what deancarney mentioned, its around there. Think plastering cost for EM is in the range of 3k (+ & -) and painting should be around the range of 2k (+ & -)

My contractor quoted me:

$2700 for plastering whole house, wall & ceiling (balcony wall max 8 ft high)

$2200 for painting with sealer (if opt for oil based sealer will cost slightly more)

your quote for plastering and painting looks very reasonable....not forgetting your EM is quite big leh.

• Like 1

really bad condition hor. But at least got parquet and even staircase railings also had been changed to wooden railings. When I got my EM, entire flat was in ceramic flooring, toilet wall tiles were already dropping like nobody's biz. Windows also looked as if they would be dropping soon and grilles were very rusty. We like the location and didnt bother to check out the details as we knew we would overhaul everything. Only after we got the keys then we noticed that the condition was really very bad. Really cant imagine how the old lady stayed there but then I think she dont care la.

did the seller name a price to sell or merely got agent to advertised it for sale and waiting for valuation to confirm the selling price?

dont remember virgo posting the pic of the common loo as I think me and Jessie go the same layout and would like to see how the loo is being organised i.e shower area n sink

this is the layout of my em....same as the one u're targetting?

Harlow hello! hehee...

Yupz.. pretty bad condition.. Hee.. the parquet and wooden railings no value add to us leh.. cuz rather koyak already.. Wah.. windows like dropping off still can stay ah.. haha.. not bad sia the old lady..

They named a price, but willing sign val + cov after we toked to them abt it when we went to view. Valuation amt out le, and they asked for a very reasonable cov amt. We counter offered already, and now waiting for their answer loh. Sae will let us know by tonight. *cross fingers & toes*

Yupz, the one I'm eyeing on is mirror opposite of ur layout. Hehehe.. at least that's wat i rem la.. hahhaaa

Check wif u ah.. Ur utility room.. the wall facing the recess area.. is it got a window one? Can it be hacked away if we buy over the recess area? I see from your layout, it's not a main pillar.

Got got.. virgo got post.. I went to c agn.. hehehe... It's a black & white toilet... Her MBR is all black i tink.. hehe

Edited by Angel81

I will post the pics later coz still busy unpacking everyday.

ok, good thing deserve to wait. So we would eagerly wait for your lovely pics

Harlow hello! hehee...

Yupz.. pretty bad condition.. Hee.. the parquet and wooden railings no value add to us leh.. cuz rather koyak already.. Wah.. windows like dropping off still can stay ah.. haha.. not bad sia the old lady..

They named a price, but willing sign val + cov after we toked to them abt it when we went to view. Valuation amt out le, and they asked for a very reasonable cov amt. We counter offered already, and now waiting for their answer loh. Sae will let us know by tonight. *cross fingers & toes*

Yupz, the one I'm eyeing on is mirror opposite of ur layout. Hehehe.. at least that's wat i rem la.. hahhaaa

Check wif u ah.. Ur utility room.. the wall facing the recess area.. is it got a window one? Can it be hacked away if we buy over the recess area? I see from your layout, it's not a main pillar.

Got got.. virgo got post.. I went to c agn.. hehehe... It's a black & white toilet... Her MBR is all black i tink.. hehe

hi hi

mine is mirror image of hello's hse,....so, i presume mine and yours is the same.

the stairs is on the left side, the utility is on the right side,....right?

i will be extending my main dorr to the recess area.....and might remove off the current window from the recess and make a small opening there.....will discuss with hb and decide on this later.

hi hi

mine is mirror image of hello's hse,....so, i presume mine and yours is the same.

the stairs is on the left side, the utility is on the right side,....right?

i will be extending my main dorr to the recess area.....and might remove off the current window from the recess and make a small opening there.....will discuss with hb and decide on this later.

Harlow! Yupz, both ours (if i get the place) will be the same layout. hehe..

Oh, so that means window can be removed? How about are we able to hack that wall off? I find that wall makes the room very dark and cramp leh. Wonder if it can be hacked off anot, but so far never see others do so. All houses that I walked by, only buy recess area, din hack off that wall or extend the door to outside.

Harlow! Yupz, both ours (if i get the place) will be the same layout. hehe..

Oh, so that means window can be removed? How about are we able to hack that wall off? I find that wall makes the room very dark and cramp leh. Wonder if it can be hacked off anot, but so far never see others do so. All houses that I walked by, only buy recess area, din hack off that wall or extend the door to outside.

No problem, sure can hack off. I have seen a EM really hack all the walls it can hack during my EM search. I even video the place but cannot show, privacy issue.

What the owner did was as follows:

1) Hack down the utility room, joining the kitchen and utility and dinning room together, making it a very big open space.

2) prior to 1), kitchen is open concept with a island. Wash room also hack to make space bigger in kitchen

3) Common and master toilet in level 2 combine together, making a passage walk way, joining the master bed room and the other bed room. WIW is built along the walk way(toilets).

4) the bed room nearest to the void staircase has it wall hack, making way for 2nd living room on level 2.

That's what i call a full revamp........only one bed room left for the owner, a single.

No problem, sure can hack off. I have seen a EM really hack all the walls it can hack during my EM search. I even video the place but cannot show, privacy issue.

What the owner did was as follows:

1) Hack down the utility room, joining the kitchen and utility and dinning room together, making it a very big open space.

2) prior to 1), kitchen is open concept with a island. Wash room also hack to make space bigger in kitchen

3) Common and master toilet in level 2 combine together, making a passage walk way, joining the master bed room and the other bed room. WIW is built along the walk way(toilets).

4) the bed room nearest to the void staircase has it wall hack, making way for 2nd living room on level 2.

That's what i call a full revamp........only one bed room left for the owner, a single.

wow!!!!!!!!!

from your description,....i start to visualise that BIG EM space!

oooo....single and stay in such a big hse......but, nice leh......got 1 more living room upstairs ;)