Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

My neighbors, most of the time closed their doors, windows closed also. For example the neighbor on my left, only at certain time of the day, say 8am and 6pm open door(20 mins) only to let air flow, got the smell u know. Really cannot tahan when i walk pass.

The neighbor on my right, gave used toys and bicycle to my children. Although i don;t need it but i still accept due to their nice gesture. I have talked to all neighbors except the one on my left, cause hardly see them.

My unit is the only one with door and windows open wide wide. Qi then can flow.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ya no joke..painted the whole EM from ceiling,walls, staircase railings,doors,balcony, recess area,window grilles etc....I thought it will be easy but no joke siah,esp with the rock stone finish and dirty walls(which I have to scrub clean b4 hand)..i keep tinking of saving 1k+ if I DIY to motivate myself. The whole house look so much cleaner and nicer now.

:)

I can keep all windows and doors open coz mine corner, got recess area..hehe..so people walk past cant see my unit..:)

My neighbour next to me 24hrs a day, windows,doors all closed..only open door wen they go out...the rest of neighbours not so bad..but still 80% of the time its closed.

Miss my old neighbourhood when neighbours go out freely, interact with each other..some even open their gates, when we walk past..will strike conversation etc.

Edited by 666

Haha..so cialat..

Btw where will you be shifting to?

I have finally finished cleaning and painting the whole house, no mean feat but I have done it.. 90% I did it alone. few weekends and some weekdays were burnt but im satisfied and proud of it. Now i knoe every inch of the house and also save some money...hehe.

same estate lor but havent get a flat yet. Still looking around.

hmm....didnt recall u mentioning about reno. No need reno? must be in very good condition so no reno. Any pics to show?

Wah seh... Faint... Did you tell ur neighbours that the maid is abusing the door/gate? One fine day they may just drop cuz the hinges spoilt. hahaha

nope, didnt tell them....anyway, not only the maid. The lady owner, the 3 kids and the maid all LIKE slamming the door and gate.

My neighbors, most of the time closed their doors, windows closed also. For example the neighbor on my left, only at certain time of the day, say 8am and 6pm open door(20 mins) only to let air flow, got the smell u know. Really cannot tahan when i walk pass.

The neighbor on my right, gave used toys and bicycle to my children. Although i don;t need it but i still accept due to their nice gesture. I have talked to all neighbors except the one on my left, cause hardly see them.

My unit is the only one with door and windows open wide wide. Qi then can flow.

my slamming neighbour is from EA unit.

ya, my unit also open door wide wide all day long. We didnt open the corridor windows cos didnt want those kapohs to look in...hahahaha....

Edited by hello88

Ya...still need to reno..but wait after my inlaw finish their reno and maybe early to mid next year.

We decided to wait..dont want splurge so much on reno since times are bad and have spend a fortune on COV..

same estate lor but havent get a flat yet. Still looking around.

hmm....didnt recall u mentioning about reno. No need reno? must be in very good condition so no reno. Any pics to show?

nope, didnt tell them....anyway, not only the maid. The lady owner, the 3 kids and the maid all LIKE slamming the door and gate.

my slamming neighbour is from EA unit.

ya, my unit also open door wide wide all day long. We didnt open the corridor windows cos didnt want those kapohs to look in...hahahaha....

wah lao.. all of them slams the door/gate? faintz... 8|

Ooo.. any preference for flat types? EA/5rm/4rm?

Ya...still need to reno..but wait after my inlaw finish their reno and maybe early to mid next year.

We decided to wait..dont want splurge so much on reno since times are bad and have spend a fortune on COV..

that's good. $ more important. Just do the needful and try to DIY more.

wah lao.. all of them slams the door/gate? faintz... 8|

Ooo.. any preference for flat types? EA/5rm/4rm?

ya, really sickening. Looking around for 5i.

that's good. $ more important. Just do the needful and try to DIY more.

ya, really sickening. Looking around for 5i.

Nvm.. It's gg to be over soon! :) Ooo, now 5i should be value for money, and now not many pple will dare to ask for much COV. :)

Chrono... U bot ur dining table already? :)

Hi all EM bros & Sis, wanne your could advise following quotation reasonable , my place is at Mei Ling Street EM. Thks and happy new year

ITEM ( RENOVATION WORK AT GROUND FLOOR ) $

( MAIN ENTRANCE AREA )

1) Supply & install new main door lock . $150.00

( LIVING , DINING , BALCONY & STUDYROOM AREA )

1) Supply labour to hack existing flooring tiles **** , dining , balcony & studyroom , $1,200.00

include labour to dismantle existing awing roofing at balcony .

2) Supply ( 24' x 24" ) imported polish homogeneous floor tiles & labour to lay **** , $4,500.00

dining, studytable & main balcony flooring with skirtings .

( Selected floor tiles base on $ 3.00 per sq ft )

3) Supply material & labour to custom made roofing at balcony . $2,500.00

a) Material : in polycarbonate roof

b) Frame : in kapo wood

4) Supply & install casement window **** & balcony . $1,450.00

a) Material : in aluminium frame ( silver or ba ) colour .

b) Glass : in H.D.B. tinted glass finishing .

5) Supply machinery & labour to vanish existing staircase step only with oil paint finish . $400.00

( KITCHEN & GROUND FLOOR BATHROOM )

1) Supply labour to hack existing floor tiles , wall tiles , all cement base & kitchen cabinet . $950.00

2) Supply ( 12" x 24" ) inported mat homogeneous floor tiles & labour to lay at flooring at $900.00

kitchen flooring .

3) Supply ( 12" x 12" ) imported mat homogeneous floor tiles & labour to lay at flooring at $350.00

ground floor bathroom flooring .

4) Supply chemical & labour to do water/proofing at both area flooring . $300.00

5) Supply material & labour to build cabinet , fridge & washing machine base with tiles $400.00

finishing .

6) Supply ( 10" x 13" ) imported shinning ceramic wall tiles & labour to lay at wall up to $3,600.00

ceiling height at both wall area .

7) Supply stainless steel piping & labour to run water inlet for sink , w/mashine , toilet bowl, $650.00

& wash basin area .

8) Supply labour to install kitchen sink , sink tap , toilet bowl & wash basin . $400.00

9) Supply P.V.C piping to run water outlet for sink , w/machine & wash basin . $150.00

10) Supply & install custom made kitchen cabinet come with all items below : >

a) Mateial : in soild ply wood with laminate finishing .

b) All door with A.B.S trimming finishing .

c) 01 no s/steel dish drainer & 01 s/steel wall backing at behind cooker . $220.00

d) Total length for top & bottom cabinet : > 45 ft appox $4,500.00

11) Supply & install custom made ( china ) granite table work top for cabinet . 27 ft $2,565.00

ITEM ( RENOVATION WORK AT SECOND FLOOR ) $

( 03 BEDROOMS & FLOOR LANDING AREA )

1) Supply machinery & labour to vanish existing parquet flooring with oil paint finish . $950.00

2) Supply labour to dismantle existing 03 bedrooms floor frame & touch-up demage flooring . $300.00

3) Supply & install soild wooden door frame for 03 bedrooms . $600.00

4) Supply & install casement window at master/bedroom area . $725.00

a) Material : in aluminium frame ( silver or ba ) colour .

b) Glass : in H.D.B. tinted glass finishing .

( SECOND FLOOR COMMON/BATHROOM & MASTER / BATHROOM AREA )

1) Supply labour to hack floor tiles , wall tiles & all bathrooms accessories . $1,200.00

2) Supply labour to hack open new entrance & made good finishing c/.bathroom . $150.00

3) Supply ( 12" x 12" ) imported mat homogeneous floor tiles & labour to lay at both $1,100.00

bathroom flooring

4) Supply chemical & labour to do water/proofing at both bathroom flooring . $300.00

5) Supply ( 10" x 13" ) imported shinning ceramic wall tiles & labour to lay at wall up to $3,300.00

height at both bathroom wall .

6) Supply s/steel piping & labour to run water inlet for wash basin , heater & toilet bowl . $600.00

7) Supply labour to install wash basin , toilet bowl , storage heater & shower mixer . $600.00

8) Supply & install 10 mm thick , clear glass with temped glass shower screen with kerd . $1,100.00

9) Supply & install aluminium frame with arcylic panel bi-fold door 01 no . $250.00

( PAINTING WORK )

1) Supply ( NIPPON ) paint material & labour to do painting for whole house , $1,800.00

( selected colour 06 nos )

( HUALAGE SERVICE )

1) Supply labour to carry all material up to unit . $300.00

2) Supply container & labour to clear all rubbish out of site . $300.00

Total sum : $38,760.00

G.S.T $2,713.00

GRAND TOTAL SUM : > $41,473.00

Edited by putter

Nvm.. It's gg to be over soon! :) Ooo, now 5i should be value for money, and now not many pple will dare to ask for much COV. :)

not exactly.....still many asking for sky high COV.

Hi all EM bros & Sis, wanne your could advise following quotation reasonable , my place is at Mei Ling Street EM. Thks and happy new year

Hi, who's your ID/contractor? Seems like not a bad deal with so many things in the list but just remember always look out for hidden cos.

Hum, i will not take those that have GST. The GST alone can buy u a decent king size bed with mattress.

Besides, looking at your quotation, some items are missing:

1) Roofing, what is polycarbonate roof? why not using German tiles? Why no mention of false ceiling?

2) casement window **** & balcony, how much psf? Why no grills?

3) Kitchen floor and wall tiles base on how much psf? $3?

4) level one bath room wall tile supply and laying?

5) Base for washing machine base with tiles 400? expensive to me.

6) Labour to install kitchen sink tap etc, can not be free? i got it free.

7) 01 no s/steel dish drainer & 01 s/steel wall backing at behind cooker . $220.00 , i got it free too.

8) Kitchen cabinet pfr i got it at 95 whereas yours is 100.

9) granite table work top for cabinet looks ok but what's the thickness?

10) How much is psf tile (wall and floor) for your level 2 bathroom?

11) Supply & install 10 mm thick , clear glass with temped glass shower screen with kerd . $1,100.00, for one or 2 bath room?

12) Supply labour to install wash basin , toilet bowl , storage heater & shower mixer . $600.00, my is free. Is it supply labour and material?

13) Missing vanity top for your bathrooms, u will need that.

14) Your hacking fee alone is 3350, how they calculate? $1.5 psf? My was only 2.2k

15) My HUALAGE SERVICE = free.

16) Missing also, electrical wiring?

17) Missing Carpentry, no qoute for your wardrobe?

IMO, expensive.

Edited by chronograph

Wah bro Chrono..seems like ur contractor offers the better deal...hehe

so am gonna approach him.. :yamseng:

Edited by 666

Wah bro Chrono..seems like ur contractor offers the better deal...hehe

so am gonna approach him.. :yamseng:

u must know how to bargain ya.

Besides, just one note, $3 psf tile selection pricing is very common, a bench mark used by them. You have to ask what if your selected tile cost more than 3, say 3.5 will they absorb it.

It can be quite addictive when coming to selecting tile, the factory has got so many to choose from. In the end i got those 4.80 psf(italy ones), how to absorb so i pay lor. Cos i feel that i have to see it 24/7 x 20 years..... might as well get better ones.

Ya la.roughly frm è quotes i c frm u guys EM reno.i roughli can estimate hw much it will cost.so i dun kena chopped 4 nothing.

Like few days ago,i went 2 a light shop in tamp since near my hm and dat shop always advertise on papers.1st time when 2 a lighting shop,bought 3 wall lights 2 replace è existing non working lights.satisfied with è price as i cld check some lites prices on è web.wanted 2 pay,i did nt knoe è prices inclusive of gst.then best part i kena chopped on installation price,1st light 65 bux,subsequent 40.thot was è norm,then bargain bit.thot got good deal.till my mum say acherli is ard 35 to 40,subsequent 8.felt like a carrot.

Demanded they fix 2 more lights i bought elsewher foc but 2 no avail.at least they charge me 8 bux la. :(

Electrician will charge u $8 for each light installation, single power socket 55, double 65. If u got your qoute for ID, it will be 5% to 15% marked up.

So deal direct with electrican.

Ya la.roughly frm è quotes i c frm u guys EM reno.i roughli can estimate hw much it will cost.so i dun kena chopped 4 nothing.

Like few days ago,i went 2 a light shop in tamp since near my hm and dat shop always advertise on papers.1st time when 2 a lighting shop,bought 3 wall lights 2 replace è existing non working lights.satisfied with è price as i cld check some lites prices on è web.wanted 2 pay,i did nt knoe è prices inclusive of gst.then best part i kena chopped on installation price,1st light 65 bux,subsequent 40.thot was è norm,then bargain bit.thot got good deal.till my mum say acherli is ard 35 to 40,subsequent 8.felt like a carrot.

Demanded they fix 2 more lights i bought elsewher foc but 2 no avail.at least they charge me 8 bux la. :(