Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lina Lee

How Much Agent Comm To Give? *help*

Hmm.. Not sure if I've posted at the correct section.. Currently in e midst of arranging for advertising my 3rm n proceed with house hunting for a 5rm..

After calculating the comm for e agent who's gonna help us on buying n selling.. I tink the comm is ard 9-11k! Our 3rm shd be selling at abt 350-380k and e 5rm we getting shd be ard 480-520k.. He's asking for 1.5% to sell n 1% for buy -.-" (works out to be ard 11k) and my husb wanna offer him 2% to help to sell and 0.5% to purchase (ard 9k)..

Juz wondering if any of ya can advise if itz e normal price and if we intend to pay 8k for both procedures izit abit 'stingy'? (btw agent is our close fren)..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hmm.. Not sure if I've posted at the correct section.. Currently in e midst of arranging for advertising my 3rm n proceed with house hunting for a 5rm..

After calculating the comm for e agent who's gonna help us on buying n selling.. I tink the comm is ard 9-11k! Our 3rm shd be selling at abt 350-380k and e 5rm we getting shd be ard 480-520k.. He's asking for 1.5% to sell n 1% for buy -.-" (works out to be ard 11k) and my husb wanna offer him 2% to help to sell and 0.5% to purchase (ard 9k)..

Juz wondering if any of ya can advise if itz e normal price and if we intend to pay 8k for both procedures izit abit 'stingy'? (btw agent is our close fren)..

for HDB, i thought it always been 1% to sell and 1% to buy. sometimes you can negotiate a lump sum amount so you can negotiate a total of $8k. i don't think that is too stingy especially its a close friend.

I tink e usual now is 2% sell n 1% buy.. Haa.. Cos we r not really gonna rely too much on our fren in hse hunting part so I dun wanna offer too much.. Selling hse paying abit more we're fine cos there's advertising n all but buying part no.. so heartpain to part wif tat sum of $!!! I can do a very big island like urs lo! LOL

for HDB, i thought it always been 1% to sell and 1% to buy. sometimes you can negotiate a lump sum amount so you can negotiate a total of $8k. i don't think that is too stingy especially its a close friend.

For my case, my agent is charging me 0.5% for both selling my current house and purchase for my future house...but she is my aunt lah~

its really up to the agent how much he/she want to charge...can try to negotiate with yr agent since he's a close fren of yours..

Edited by cookiez

Actually i'm pretty shocked by his asking comm.. He's doing part time one then he's really very close 'brother'.. Hahahah.. Shall try to push down e comm abit more.. I tink I'll pay more only if in btw there's any complications or wat *touch wood* hahaha

For my case, my agent is charging me 0.5% for both selling my current house and purchase for my future house...but she is my aunt lah~

its really up to the agent how much he/she want to charge...can try to negotiate with yr agent since he's a close fren of yours..

Edited by jo'en

I tink e usual now is 2% sell n 1% buy.. Haa.. Cos we r not really gonna rely too much on our fren in hse hunting part so I dun wanna offer too much.. Selling hse paying abit more we're fine cos there's advertising n all but buying part no.. so heartpain to part wif tat sum of $!!! I can do a very big island like urs lo! LOL

i know condo is 2% to sell lah, but hdb should just be 1% leh.

for 9k, can definitely do a bit big island already loh. my island only 3k+ only... hahaaahh....

Oh! Ur that long table island is 3k? I kept tinking I nid abt 5-8k for such 'proj'.. LOL..

Finally gotta start hunting for flat le.. But e feel is quite ZZzZzzz.. Process sucks.. Haa..

i know condo is 2% to sell lah, but hdb should just be 1% leh.

for 9k, can definitely do a bit big island already loh. my island only 3k+ only... hahaaahh....

Oh! Ur that long table island is 3k? I kept tinking I nid abt 5-8k for such 'proj'.. LOL..

Finally gotta start hunting for flat le.. But e feel is quite ZZzZzzz.. Process sucks.. Haa..

find the right contractor, and get the right price!

good lah.... its tiring but its worth it lah... hehehe...

yalor...same sentiment...moi started looking since 2-3 mths back and must say lucky star not on my side...

kena lots of hiccups...sellers backed out from deal after agreeing on price...agents keep pushing me around after i made offers and then MIA...etc..

anyway, am going for a 2nd viewing tonite at a unit i really like and hopefully the deal is on this time round *cross fingers*

WAH... izit? e agent MIA suddenly ah ^^' i'm doing contra... so itz not gonna be ez oso...

which area are u viewing at? 2nd viewing today ah? Hee... hopefully u can get ur ideal house to9! then can start to prepare to 'enjoy' e reno process...

yalor...same sentiment...moi started looking since 2-3 mths back and must say lucky star not on my side...

kena lots of hiccups...sellers backed out from deal after agreeing on price...agents keep pushing me around after i made offers and then MIA...etc..

anyway, am going for a 2nd viewing tonite at a unit i really like and hopefully the deal is on this time round *cross fingers*

HAAHHAA... yaya... that i noe... currently ID/contractors are shortlisted... design wise oso more or less noe wat to do le... i waited 5yrs for MOP to be up... so hopefully everything can fall in place nicely bah... cos my next hse i'm open to sengkang n punggol 5rm... i guess there's quite alot of choices there...

btw... sidetrack abit... u noe there's gonna be BTO in May at e open space opp sheng shiong? there's oso another BTO beside e city view leh! Too bad i dun wanna wait 3-4yrs... otherwise itz a gd one to try for...

find the right contractor, and get the right price!

good lah.... its tiring but its worth it lah... hehehe...

HAAHHAA... yaya... that i noe... currently ID/contractors are shortlisted... design wise oso more or less noe wat to do le... i waited 5yrs for MOP to be up... so hopefully everything can fall in place nicely bah... cos my next hse i'm open to sengkang n punggol 5rm... i guess there's quite alot of choices there...

btw... sidetrack abit... u noe there's gonna be BTO in May at e open space opp sheng shiong? there's oso another BTO beside e city view leh! Too bad i dun wanna wait 3-4yrs... otherwise itz a gd one to try for...

yup, i know. i already post on my fb abt it too. hahaahahh.....

sengkang and punggol 5 rooms are quite ex cos its newer. but hope that you will be able to find a good place soon. :)

Usually is 2% for sell and 1% for buy BUT depend on your nego skill you can nego down to 1% sell and 1% buy.

Have not heard anyone can nego down to 1% sell and 0.5% buy yet.

Hahaha.. If can nego till 1% each, total is abt 8k+.. Husb intending to give 2% sell 0.5% buy.. Which may be 9k+.. Haa.. Final amt n % not finalized yet.. That's y asking ard for opinions.. Hehehe..

Gotta ask husb to use his nego skill n 感情分 to get it lower le.. Hahahaha..

Usually is 2% for sell and 1% for buy BUT depend on your nego skill you can nego down to 1% sell and 1% buy.

Have not heard anyone can nego down to 1% sell and 0.5% buy yet.

E units there actually quite extreme.. From 480-600+k for sengkang n Punggol ard 500-600+.. Haa.. Some EA are selling at 560-600+k.. Soooooooo.. Haf to go pray hard at temple more ask god 保佑了.. Bwahahahahha..

yup, i know. i already post on my fb abt it too. hahaahahh.....

sengkang and punggol 5 rooms are quite ex cos its newer. but hope that you will be able to find a good place soon. :)