Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Can pm me the notorious company and Mr K's contact? Must warn my relatives and friends whose children should be getting their BTO flats next year. Many thanks

Please pm me the carpentry name... shags~~~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there,

May i ask where did you get your dining bench? Whats the cost and the length?

Thanks.

the bench was from Star Living at Furniture mall..i posted about it sometime back..i think it was $399 for my 170cm length..they have shorter and longer lengths too..

Day 106 - Tuesday

MIL sent us an email, saying that we 'resort to tactics' as we got the sinks to be installed not knowing that our solid top was not granite..she also claimed that our tiler should have done the granite as granite is cut by the same cutter..this is despite the fact that she made us choose them because 'she wants the best for us'..yet when it's apparent that workmanship was so poor with such bad attitudes and delays, we were blamed for being fussy and unreasonable among many other things..i can't comprehend why..and this was my response:

(1) Right from the start, we wanted granite. We have included it in the contract, just so that things are clear and there will not be disputes as such later on. We have also communicated this through email, sms, face-to-face discussions and reconfirmed this with the carpenter, knowing that they were extremely prone to errors. We have done everything within our means to remind and reconfirm our requirements.

(2) I'm not sure where you get the information that tilers cut granite. Have you seen the cutter that tilers use? Have you seen how thick granite is? People choose granite because it's hard and scratch resistant. It is not possible to cut it using the tilers cutters. Which brings us back to the point that we only wanted one contractor to complete all works to avoid such issues. Anyone would agree that granite is part of carpentry and should be done by the carpenter side.

(3) As from point (1), everything was communicated right from the start. It's not reasonable to accuse us of ' resort to using tactics since we have made it very clear right from the start. If it was not possible, they should not have signed the contract and informed us during our discussions or communications. We did 'look out for one another' by relaying our requirements again and again throughout, by sending reminder emails and sms even though it should be something very straightforward.

(4) The only reason why we went ahead to fix taps and basins was because we did not know that it was solid top and not granite. We only suspected that ours was not granite when we visited our neighbor's house and realized that their black galaxy granite was so shiny with beautiful grains. It was then that we started getting neighbors and other contractors over to confirm that it was not granite before confronting Yuri and Uncle Simon.

(5) I do not know Binson personally, and neither would any of the other customers he liaises with. Anyone can appear to be jovial in front of their boss to protect his rice bowl. However, how does he handle his customers behind your backs is something which you do not get to experience first hand. Whatever it is, it is extremely rude to hang up on your customer and tell them rudely that 'If you want to talk to me, talk to me properly' and hang up yet again. I agree that things like this can happen, but customers are bound to be disgruntled when they wait for 3 different days and still nobody shows up. Backsplash was ready to be up a month ago. I had to get my parents to go down and wait to accommodate their time since I do not wish to drag

things any further. The least he could do was to apologize to a disgruntled customer instead of hanging up twice with such attitude and refusing to answer further calls nor confirm timing. Even the installer Ah Liang had the basic manners to apologize. It seems like such customer service is condoned and accepted. There is bound to be pressure especially when all their jobs are delayed and there are so many disgruntled customers. Does he do the same to other disgruntled customers when there are delays and issues? Is such a person suitable to be a project coordinator when things were not coordinated and he hangs up on customers instead of apologizing?

I agree and understand that everyone makes mistakes. However, the most important thing is to admit the mistake, accept the consequences, apologize and learn from them. We are not unreasonable people, yet it's really frustrating that we receive such treatment and getting the blame for the mistakes they have made. They initially admitted to the mistake and agreed to change it for us, but now you're saying that my contractor was supposed to do it?

I was asked if I thought that his company was **** and useless when we went down that day. My answer is simple - ask your customers and measure your own performance. How many customers are happy? How many jobs are completed on time? How many customers requirements were met? How many customers call to complain? If anyone refuse to see and admit the truth, nobody can make them.

It's pointless (and very disappointing) for us to continue insisting and trying prove what we wanted and end up having the tables turned and getting blamed for 'using tactics'. I will take it as a lesson learnt and move on, and I hope that we will not have to go to such situations again.

Edited by theitsybits

terrible people. hope you get your things completed properly soon and never have to deal with them again.

Day 106 - Tuesday

MIL sent us an email, saying that we 'resort to tactics' as we got the sinks to be installed not knowing that our solid top was not granite..she also claimed that our tiler should have done the granite as granite is cut by the same cutter..this is despite the fact that she made us choose them because 'she wants the best for us'..yet when it's apparent that workmanship was so poor with such bad attitudes and delays, we were blamed for being fussy and unreasonable among many other things..i can't comprehend why..and this was my response:

(1) Right from the start, we wanted granite. We have included it in the contract, just so that things are clear and there will not be disputes as such later on. We have also communicated this through email, sms, face-to-face discussions and reconfirmed this with the carpenter, knowing that they were extremely prone to errors. We have done everything within our means to remind and reconfirm our requirements.

(2) I'm not sure where you get the information that tilers cut granite. Have you seen the cutter that tilers use? Have you seen how thick granite is? People choose granite because it's hard and scratch resistant. It is not possible to cut it using the tilers cutters. Which brings us back to the point that we only wanted one contractor to complete all works to avoid such issues. Anyone would agree that granite is part of carpentry and should be done by the carpenter side.

(3) As from point (1), everything was communicated right from the start. It's not reasonable to accuse us of ' resort to using tactics since we have made it very clear right from the start. If it was not possible, they should not have signed the contract and informed us during our discussions or communications. We did 'look out for one another' by relaying our requirements again and again throughout, by sending reminder emails and sms even though it should be something very straightforward.

(4) The only reason why we went ahead to fix taps and basins was because we did not know that it was solid top and not granite. We only suspected that ours was not granite when we visited our neighbor's house and realized that their black galaxy granite was so shiny with beautiful grains. It was then that we started getting neighbors and other contractors over to confirm that it was not granite before confronting Yuri and Uncle Simon.

(5) I do not know Binson personally, and neither would any of the other customers he liaises with. Anyone can appear to be jovial in front of their boss to protect his rice bowl. However, how does he handle his customers behind your backs is something which you do not get to experience first hand. Whatever it is, it is extremely rude to hang up on your customer and tell them rudely that 'If you want to talk to me, talk to me properly' and hang up yet again. I agree that things like this can happen, but customers are bound to be disgruntled when they wait for 3 different days and still nobody shows up. Backsplash was ready to be up a month ago. I had to get my parents to go down and wait to accommodate their time since I do not wish to drag

things any further. The least he could do was to apologize to a disgruntled customer instead of hanging up twice with such attitude and refusing to answer further calls nor confirm timing. Even the installer Ah Liang had the basic manners to apologize. It seems like such customer service is condoned and accepted. There is bound to be pressure especially when all their jobs are delayed and there are so many disgruntled customers. Does he do the same to other disgruntled customers when there are delays and issues? Is such a person suitable to be a project coordinator when things were not coordinated and he hangs up on customers instead of apologizing?

I agree and understand that everyone makes mistakes. However, the most important thing is to admit the mistake, accept the consequences, apologize and learn from them. We are not unreasonable people, yet it's really frustrating that we receive such treatment and getting the blame for the mistakes they have made. They initially admitted to the mistake and agreed to change it for us, but now you're saying that my contractor was supposed to do it?

I was asked if I thought that his company was **** and useless when we went down that day. My answer is simple - ask your customers and measure your own performance. How many customers are happy? How many jobs are completed on time? How many customers requirements were met? How many customers call to complain? If anyone refuse to see and admit the truth, nobody can make them.

It's pointless (and very disappointing) for us to continue insisting and trying prove what we wanted and end up having the tables turned and getting blamed for 'using tactics'. I will take it as a lesson learnt and move on, and I hope that we will not have to go to such situations again.

Well I think the most important point is, no matter who was the "right" person to do the job,as long as they have accepted the job, then they have the responsibility to commit to the agreed terms and do it well. You have also done your due diligence by giving them repeated reminders. I guess with the backsplash done, this should be the last you time you will "need" them. GOod riddance.

Day 107 - Wednesday

The house is already live-in condition although we still lack many things like knives, chopping boards etc..my chairs and curtains from taobao has arrived, and husband thinks the curtains 'look ugly'. But well, it cost like $300 instead of the $2000 that many are paying, so I suppose we can live with it for awhile. The curtains are actually quite good quality cloth, very heavy with pretty good sewing.

8003216608_d69e578689_z.jpg

The MRB. We still need a bed frame and side tables.

8003222962_327e00424d_z.jpg

Guest room.

8003218905_23eeb768f3_z.jpg

Study room.

8003218212_712663db3d_z.jpg

Living room. Haven't got a console nor coffee table although TV will be arriving this Saturday.

8003217481_0c4fecc446_z.jpg

The fibre-glass dining chairs from Taobao. The quality was okay although the holes below the chair wasn't that neat.

Still lots to buy and do. What a long journey. :unsure:

Day 107 - Wednesday

The house is already live-in condition although we still lack many things like knives, chopping boards etc..my chairs and curtains from taobao has arrived, and husband thinks the curtains 'look ugly'. But well, it cost like $300 instead of the $2000 that many are paying, so I suppose we can live with it for awhile. The curtains are actually quite good quality cloth, very heavy with pretty good sewing.

8003216608_d69e578689_z.jpg

The MRB. We still need a bed frame and side tables.

8003222962_327e00424d_z.jpg

Guest room.

8003218905_23eeb768f3_z.jpg

Study room.

8003218212_712663db3d_z.jpg

Living room. Haven't got a console nor coffee table although TV will be arriving this Saturday.

8003217481_0c4fecc446_z.jpg

The fibre-glass dining chairs from Taobao. The quality was okay although the holes below the chair wasn't that neat.

Still lots to buy and do. What a long journey. :unsure:

Hi Itsybits,

I am also eying the similar chairs from taobao, can you share with me more information on how much it cost + shipping and the freight duration that is required?

Appreicate thanks.

HI,

May I know how do you order the chair from Taobao? Need to go through 3rd party, right? Can u pm me your contact and which seller u bought it from?

thanks!

Hi barcadibreezer, want to buy together???

dear itsybits,

as a lot of the others have said, u hv a beautiful place and u shld b proud that despite all those issues, the final result is great...

i've been following your trials and tribulations and i think at this point, it is the final stretch so hang in there ! :good:

Hi Barcadubreezer & and888,

I also interested in Taobao stuff, maybe we can buy and share the shipping cost together.

Pm me your email, we communicate via it...

Paiseh theitsybits,,, we hijack your thread for our discussion... hahaha...