Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Hi! Nice unit you have! The view is great too! What's your reno budget like? We are also sourcing for IDs but the budget given to us are way beyond what we gave. Thinking of going for contractors but worried if contractors would understand what we want + whether it would be tiring not to have a project coordinator for our reno.. What do you think?

Will be following your T-blog!

hello! we are trying to minimize reno works and only do the essential things since i find tt it's the furniture and little things which adds character to the home. but because we need to do flooring for the whole unit, and i want parquet in the room, plus the toilet wall tiles are patterned, so tiling works are substantial.

i'm going for a contractor because many IDs' quote are almost double of what i got from contractors for identical works. many contractors will also coordinate the electrical, carpentry etc for you, it's not much different from ID. the only thing is they may not have 3D drawing (but their hand-drawn 3D is impressive!). many contractors also don't speak english well, but i like it that they don't gek kao with you if you get them to help or add some stuff. IDs will usually charge accordingly.

For me, I'm very sure of what I want and the layout etc, so having an ID is redundant and I really can't afford to pay 60k for reno currently. so if u would like to save some cash, you can go meet a few IDs and get ideas, before going to a contractor. :sport-smiley-018:

my budget is 30k and so far 2 contractors' quote has been around there. amazingly, both contractors have the exact same cost for a few rooms despite different breakdowns! so i reckon that must be the market rate.

i've met one contractor-ID who speaks good english and provides ID drawing but charges similar prices with contractors, if you're interested I can share the contact. we went down to view one of his completed projects, and owner seem happy, workmanship pretty decent and have pretty good attitude too.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm abit shy to share this here, but this is the 3D drawing which i've been working on myself. took quite some time to draw the floor plan and learn how to do this. i still have no clue how to make the kitchen cabinets look real, and the colors more similar to what i want, but well, i'm working on it!

7124975511_df8b517e3c_z.jpg

Edited by theitsybits

here are some of my favorite home ideas. these are probably easier to incorporate into our tiny home.

7142226721_46ae6bcf4c_z.jpg

this have been shared many times i suppose, but i fell in love when i first saw it on home & deco. love the white kitchen and wooden flooring plus photo frames.

6996138970_650a845ae5_z.jpg

I like the feel of this.

6996138796_7ec1039e76_z.jpg

i love white kitchens, but i don't have the luxury of such space

6996139358_8025d7ed7e_z.jpg

a white brick wall and white kitchen are both essential things for me..

6996139626_4421254965_z.jpg

bedroom - this is pretty similar to our current layout. i love beds like this, but apart from ikea i don't seem to see it anywhere. if anyone have any idea, please let me know!

Hey! have you started your reno? are u fr case too? do share any info! i'm still looking meeting contractors and hopefully decide on one to.

ay, wads the color of ur flooring? i love it tt many scandinavian houses have wooden flooring everywhere including kitchen. some of the wood are also white or blond. but everyone have advised me against having wooden flooring in the kitchen..! not even bamboo. ;)

now i'm thinking of either white or those homogeneous tiles which look like wood and i still can't decide. we're having an open concept kitchen and want the same flooring for kitchen and living room.

Hey! yep.. am at block 424.. not yet started reno.. but hunting for floorings and tiles..

My very best friend is actually an ID who does commercial work. He is helping out with my house right now despite his busy schedule. :-)

Based on his advice, he suggested us to choose natural wood colours for flooring.

Something like this:

01230065.JPG

Are these laminates? I didn't want laminates cuz dun like the feel when I step on it...and I want the same flooring for living & kitchen...

Hi bits, I'm having same floor tiles for entire hse...no regrets as it makes the whole hse looks bigger virtually.

I'm not sure if everyone already knows this store in Jcube called Franc franc, but I'm really excited about it! It was my favorite store in Japan, and Sweden had a similar store. I'm a sucker for these colorful and beautiful home accessories! they will be opening a bigger store in Vivo in June! I'm so lucky that it opened right when I'm going to have my own place. =D They have things like clothes pegs in pastel colors and flower/bird shaped instead of the boring ones we are used to. everything looks beautiful!

This is their online catalog, it's totally worth a visit!

http://www.francfranc.com/eng/

Edited by theitsybits

6996139626_4421254965_z.jpg

bedroom - this is pretty similar to our current layout. i love beds like this, but apart from ikea i don't seem to see it anywhere. if anyone have any idea, please let me know!

Maybe you would like to check out Muji. They have wooden bed frame like this.

i've met one contractor-ID who speaks good english and provides ID drawing but charges similar prices with contractors, if you're interested I can share the contact. we went down to view one of his completed projects, and owner seem happy, workmanship pretty decent and have pretty good attitude too.

Hi theitsybits, can you PM me the contractor-ID contact please? TIA!

Maybe you would like to check out Muji. They have wooden bed frame like this.

hmm i went, but their beds look small and not very sturdy? we've got a king-sized sealy bed that is really thick and heavy..need one with good support but can't seem to find!