Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

so bo bian..we're only left with tiles, but at least they do look pretty real nowadays..we were concerned about grout lines but saw a few restaurants/shops who uses such tiles and find it quite acceptable..

Ah! Could you share which shops/restaurants use such wood tiles please? Would like to take a look before deciding for mine.

For your dream home, it'd be worth it! :) I'm sure K would do a great job, looking at what he created for paloma and pinkwhale :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ah! Could you share which shops/restaurants use such wood tiles please? Would like to take a look before deciding for mine.

For your dream home, it'd be worth it! :) I'm sure K would do a great job, looking at what he created for paloma and pinkwhale :)

i'm also super excited about it..!

i only remember this new restaurant at Liang Court basement uses wooden tiles with brick walls, can see the gouting..you can drop by audio house for electrical stuff too..some other shops uses laminates, you will notice if you start looking out..

Ya I agree... When we are into Reno we started to notice the decor of the shops and restaurants and we saw so industrial and scandinavan theme. But if it's still something you like then I guess u will still feel very happy living in the "restaurant" of ur dream.. Hehe.. Actually some of the shop/restaurant tried to create the cosy feeling so I think that's the importance..

i think it's only recently leh! even bodyshop has white brick walls and pendant lights.. :bangwall: but nvm la, i'm bent on my white brick wall..been wanting that since a long time ago.. :P plus we've many pictures and souvenirs from our travels, so don't think will look like 'restaurant' ba..if look like restaurant also ok la, i like to cook and entertain guests :D

we've got our hdb permit yesterday, just 2 days after K submitted our application! *weee. i was so happy about it. :P i love it that K's quick and efficient, cuz i work fast too and working with someone who drags my stuff would drive me crazy..

K has happily informed us that he'll start work and start hacking the walls on Monday. Electrical works will follow. The utilities people will come to activate our electricity and water tomorrow. I'm really impressed by the convenience of activating water and power! When we got our keys, hdb told us that we had to go back to hdb to activate our utilities. but since i'm lazy, i tried to google it and realized that i only need to call. it was a 5-minute call, give details, address, set appointment, then it's done. you just need to be there for an hour slot and they'll send you the utility bill, including deposit needed. fuss free!

and because both of us may not be able to visit the site often, and i'm a worry wart, i drew our electrical drawing for K. it's not tt i don't trust him, just that sometimes really will forget or miss out. it's also an easier way to communicate our wants and since the picture is color coded and complete with chinese words, i'm sure the electrician can follow. i did it and the husband vetted it. we changed it quite a few times till we were sure that we did not miss out anything.

7308515352_0d3d418d7f_z.jpg

we should be all ready to go! :dancingqueen:

and now..i feel like my chinese has improved..i know what's pendant lights, cove lights, track lights, downlights in chinese!

Edited by theitsybits

We just purchased this fridge too... but in stainless silver colour.. Find this big enough for us.. cos our kitchen arent tt big also.. like this as it is tall.. heh heh..

Love ur console u posted..... but limited budget to spend. haiz.

7273832042_2f2b3c48a6_z.jpg

We just purchased this fridge too... but in stainless silver colour.. Find this big enough for us.. cos our kitchen arent tt big also.. like this as it is tall.. heh heh..

Love ur console u posted..... but limited budget to spend. haiz.

yar i'm looking for something that's taller and slimmer, this one not bad mah..and it's confirm enough for 2 of us! well, see if i can persuade him to get this instead of the huge samsung although it is nicer la..

i'm using it as a sideback not console, against the wall opposite the dining table..i really like this, it's solid and can put all our photo albums!

Nice to read so many updates! I have been reading the updates but haven't had time to login to drop a comment. I love your sideback.. :) Happy to know that your renovation plan is progressing well and that your contractor is reliable. I think that is one of the more impt factors for a smooth and worry-free reno.. :) Jiayou!

Nice to read so many updates! I have been reading the updates but haven't had time to login to drop a comment. I love your sideback.. :) Happy to know that your renovation plan is progressing well and that your contractor is reliable. I think that is one of the more impt factors for a smooth and worry-free reno.. :) Jiayou!

thanks happyb! =) i'm crossing my fingers and hoping nothing goes wrong..we will be starting hacking on monday and electrical works soon too..update soon! :rolleyes:

the tiles we chose was $2.79 (with gst) and was quoted about 6.5k..it's smaller 15x60 and cost more to lay..he's not the cheapest compared to other contractors, but we liked the tiling works he has done..

u can try to drop by soon bee huat, they have a huge showroom with small areas of such tiles so you can visualize how it looks like..alot of selections too..we were concerned about the gout lines, but felt that it was acceptable.. :thumbs up:

hi theitsybits...

read your thread and was wondering if you could PM me your contractor/ID contacts as my wife and I are still sourcing for ID/Contractors for our 5rm casa clementi (think collect keys in June, hopefully)...

thanks!

Today was our first day of renovation, and we've got so much done. I received pictures from K once I arrived at work. He told me that he will start at 10, but was already moving the materials up to our place by 930am.

Pre-renovation week

- Apply for HDB permit to hack walls

- Got the permit in 2 days

- Confirmed tiles

- Activated utilities

Day 1

- All sand and tiles are already delivered.

- All hacking done with debris cleared.

- Toilet plastic partition removed

- Toilet door removed.

- Prep for brick wall done.

:good: for K's efficiency.

I dropped by during lunch, and they have already finished hacking the wall, and was about the start clearing the debris and dismantle my toilet partition and doors.

When I dropped by in the evening, all debris were cleared and my wall was prep-ed for my bricks!

7336029238_3c03569d77_z.jpg

The hacked wall in the MBD to fit my wardrobe.

7336118078_efebb62c30_z.jpg

The hacked wall to open up the kitchen.

7336027558_1488ba046e_z.jpg

Toilet partition and door removed.

7336025794_70008e6420_z.jpg

My beloved brick wall prep is done.

7336024156_6d68a2eb1d_z.jpg

My wooden tiles came.

K brought a malay couple over to look at our tiles when I was there during lunch, and they gave me this amazing idea to knock down another wall at the kitchen yard to further 'open up' the kitchen. I was instantaneously taken in by the idea, despite knowing that it would cost quite abit more to hack both walls, add a window, overlay the service yard and make good the wall. The husband came down to see after work and agreed. Greedy me added a cement screed wall in the kitchen to perfect things. :dribble: It's amazing that my mum and a random stranger has given the best space-planning advice for our renovation! IDs are not always worth the money. :unsure:

K will be helping us to submit another permit tomorrow and do another round of hacking thanks to my fickle-mindedness. :P

Everything seem to fall into place and I think I'm satisfied now. I always felt like something was missing, as we weren't doing anything to our service yard, and that area seemed to be isolated. With this additional works, I think I've pretty much achieved all that I wanted. :sport-smiley-004::dancingqueen:

White brick wall

Cement screed wall

Black chalk board wall (bomb shelter)

Wooden flooring (with tiles)

Pure white kitchen

Mosaic wall (x2!!)

i'm really thankful that things have been going smoothly after all the pre-reno issues. Choosing the right person to do up your place really makes a huge difference to your whole renovation experience.

Edited by theitsybits

we've got our hdb permit yesterday, just 2 days after K submitted our application! *weee. i was so happy about it. :P i love it that K's quick and efficient, cuz i work fast too and working with someone who drags my stuff would drive me crazy..

K has happily informed us that he'll start work and start hacking the walls on Monday. Electrical works will follow. The utilities people will come to activate our electricity and water tomorrow. I'm really impressed by the convenience of activating water and power! When we got our keys, hdb told us that we had to go back to hdb to activate our utilities. but since i'm lazy, i tried to google it and realized that i only need to call. it was a 5-minute call, give details, address, set appointment, then it's done. you just need to be there for an hour slot and they'll send you the utility bill, including deposit needed. fuss free!

and because both of us may not be able to visit the site often, and i'm a worry wart, i drew our electrical drawing for K. it's not tt i don't trust him, just that sometimes really will forget or miss out. it's also an easier way to communicate our wants and since the picture is color coded and complete with chinese words, i'm sure the electrician can follow. i did it and the husband vetted it. we changed it quite a few times till we were sure that we did not miss out anything.

Hello! Great to meet you yesterday! I'm really surprised at how much similarities we share in our wants! The brick wall, the wood tiles, mosaic, scandinavian feel (but i think I'm gg for eclectic as I'm a greedy person) but maybe the difference is our budget hehe. How much is your total damage with K?

and how much was the additional charge for hacking that wall at service yard and making gd the kitchen wall? The hubs and I are thinking of doing it too! LOL! :dancingqueen: But ask you first before asking K if not he will be irritated that I keep changing my brief!

Congrats... Your renovation officially started and to update mpre frequently.

More and more people are using K after pinkwhale & paloma's renovation are completed.

Hi mind sharing with me K's contact? I'm planning to renovate my home soon and am scouting for one who is experienced in scandi styles. U may pm me or email me at tishasoh@gmail.com. Tks!