Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Hello! Great to meet you yesterday! I'm really surprised at how much similarities we share in our wants! The brick wall, the wood tiles, mosaic, scandinavian feel (but i think I'm gg for eclectic as I'm a greedy person) but maybe the difference is our budget hehe. How much is your total damage with K?

and how much was the additional charge for hacking that wall at service yard and making gd the kitchen wall? The hubs and I are thinking of doing it too! LOL! :dancingqueen: But ask you first before asking K if not he will be irritated that I keep changing my brief!

Hello! PM-ed. It's great to talk to people who have the same taste.

I also thought that I like the Scandinavian feel, but as I go along, I realized that there are some industrial and retro elements which I love too. Basically, we did managed to bring together all the elements I like, and it may not be 100% Scandinavian. I'm still struggling to decide if I want to paint my brick wall white!

Thank you for your suggestion yesterday! I hope it'll turn out great and as bright and open as I imagined it to be. =)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I can feel your excitement too!!!!! Hahaha...

Haha..yar, i'm really excited..you should know how difficult it was for us, with all the delays and issues pre-reno. *cross fingers and hopes everything turns out well* =D

So happy for you itsybits! I started buying furniture n realized i was veering towards Scandinavian too with some Victorian and country and Ikea elements haha. Will be continuing to follow your blog, please do continue updating! K is really efficient! When are u moving in?

So happy for you itsybits! I started buying furniture n realized i was veering towards Scandinavian too with some Victorian and country and Ikea elements haha. Will be continuing to follow your blog, please do continue updating! K is really efficient! When are u moving in?

hee what have you bought? i like victorian and country too, but the furniture tend to be more bulky and i kind of think that more space is needed to create that look..haha so scandinavian might be the closest to what i like and what is practical..but i'm not that neat and like colors so that kind of deviate from scandi..i like some elements of industrial too, but not too raw elements though..it's hard to imagine how my place will turn out though i try to stick to scandi.. :P

how's ur reno going? moving in soon? invite us over visit lei.. :P our wedding is in January and we're in no hurry to move in..i think i can spend a few weekends to clean up the place and move bit by bit..there's still so many things to do and buy over the next few months..i'm horrified by the thought of moving all my things over.. :jawdrop: i don't mind cleaning up the place, but moving really..........

Day 2

Not much works done today. Only our toilet bowls and sinks and showers were dismantled to prepare for tiling works. Photo from K who sends us pictures of whatever is done - real-time updates.

7156456597_a02d6af220_z.jpg

The electrical and tiling should start tomorrow onwards. =)

Edited by theitsybits

Congrats... Your renovation officially started and to update mpre frequently.

More and more people are using K after pinkwhale & paloma's renovation are completed.

Thanks!

yup! their homes are so beautiful! =) i'm hoping that mine will turn out as pretty too.. :sport-smiley-004:

Day 3

The electricians came down to start work. I went down after work to confirm the points, and the straight forward ones like the down lights in the bedroom was already completed.

7160045557_644658b661_z.jpg

The house is a major war zone now. I'm quite surprised by the work needed for electrical works. 2 workers were working, and there was drilling, cementing, with lots of pipes and wires everywhere..they also had to measure exactly where I want my fans and lights..alot of work!

7345189516_e15e9c02b9_z.jpg

I've got to say that we're very very fussy about the switches, its position and height. We've mostly 2-way switches for most lights, and there's probably like 7 switches at the entrance. The husband is also very particular about the position of the 2-way light switch near the bed..the worst part was the heater..i wanted a 2 switches, for the MBR and common toilet because I didn't want to walk out of the MBR to on the heater switch..i got them to make a 2-way switch..but after that the husband said that 2-way switch would mean that if the heater has been on outside, and someone from the MBR 'on' it (without knowing that it's already on), we'll actually off the heater instead (and both parties will wonder wth is the water not hot). It's too technical and beyond me..so we're trying to see if the light will be on whenever the heater is on, or consider getting 2 heaters instead (i'm not keen).

Day 4

7163422121_89f04bd688_z.jpg

When I went down today, they have already prep all my walls for tiling works.. :sport-smiley-004: i'm very excited about the tiling, as we've 2 mosaic walls, 2 brick walls and a cement screed wall..

7348637124_62dbd361f0_z.jpg

They have also started the making-good for my walls after hacking.

My home was crowded and busting with activity this afternoon, with like 6-7 people working. There were 2 electricians and a few people starting the cementing and make-good..K was confirming my points and telling them how I want my tiles and brick walls laid.

Electircal wiring has been done, and they'll be starting tiling works tomorrow, after which flooring will start. *weee!

There's so many decisions to make and renovation is like a huge crash course with so much to learn about. There was the initial space planning, then choosing of materials like flooring and tiles, choosing of contractor/ID, researching about pros and cons of everything..and when you think that you've finalized everything and started renovation, it hit you that it's just the beginning.

The electrical points was a start, then I had to decide if I want the tiles laid vertical or horizontal, the gaps between the brick tiles, what heater/hob/hood/aircon to buy and who to buy it from..what lights, how much and where to buy, what furniture and dimensions and budget..these are decisions which have to be made quickly and they're practically irreversible. Being someone who DIE DIE MUST research first before buying makes me a very busy person these weeks.

I've got to say that it's definitely a very enriching experience so far, not much issues, just that we keep changing our minds and wadsapp-ing K whenever someone pops up in our minds..if every customer was like us, I suppose K would be REALLY busy.. :P

I like this light. Anyone has any idea where to get it? Or what is it called?

7336017376_8c2d5a171a_z.jpg

And we're still looking for our bed, actually, we've no idea WHERE to look for our bed. Nothing caught our eyes so far, NOTHING! Not even any potential one. I may check out Ikea's beds as I like the simple design..I kind of like this, but i've never seen it in shops here..

7348698642_9fd8f8e50f_z.jpg

Sometimes, part of me do become worried about how the home will turn out. I like textures, and I basically chose to add all my favorite elements, with little regard if they would clash.. ;)

Hi theitsybits,

Those lights can be found in most lighting shops, they are outdoor lights. I recalled checking out the price, it's abt $19 each, at Lightcraft. Other shops alongside Balestier do have it too.

Very suitable for industrial theme, I wanted to get it, but hubby opposed as the light cover requires a screw to hold it and he said too troublesome when changing bulb.

I also have a lot of switches everywhere, including 2-way, it's better to over provide than you find that it's insufficient after moving in.

Dun worry, u are not the only one who must do research and kept changing mind! Reno is a whopping huge expense and you will have to live with it for many years. We had very bad experience with our first Reno. Thus, this time I make sure that I am in control of everything. I told K to check with me first before doing anything.

Cheers!

I like this light. Anyone has any idea where to get it? Or what is it called?

7336017376_8c2d5a171a_z.jpg

And we're still looking for our bed, actually, we've no idea WHERE to look for our bed. Nothing caught our eyes so far, NOTHING! Not even any potential one. I may check out Ikea's beds as I like the simple design..I kind of like this, but i've never seen it in shops here..

7348698642_9fd8f8e50f_z.jpg

Sometimes, part of me do become worried about how the home will turn out. I like textures, and I basically chose to add all my favorite elements, with little regard if they would clash.. ;)

I was looking for this kind of bedframe! I like the headboard. You are right, it's really hard to look for the perfect one. I give up visiting those furniture shops all of them have the same modern contemporary feel.

helloo do you think you could kindly pm me with the contact details for your contractor? would really really appreciate it! thanks!!

Hi theitsybits,

Those lights can be found in most lighting shops, they are outdoor lights. I recalled checking out the price, it's abt $19 each, at Lightcraft. Other shops alongside Balestier do have it too.

Very suitable for industrial theme, I wanted to get it, but hubby opposed as the light cover requires a screw to hold it and he said too troublesome when changing bulb.

I also have a lot of switches everywhere, including 2-way, it's better to over provide than you find that it's insufficient after moving in.

Dun worry, u are not the only one who must do research and kept changing mind! Reno is a whopping huge expense and you will have to live with it for many years. We had very bad experience with our first Reno. Thus, this time I make sure that I am in control of everything. I told K to check with me first before doing anything.

Cheers!

thanks for the info! I thought of getting it, even if i had to change them myself..but husband thinks that it'll only look good on walls, not ceilings.. =/

do u have 2-way for all your lights? haha we've 2-way for almost all living room lights and end up with like 8 switches at the door..another 6 switches at the corridor..K said that he has never had so much trouble with electrical as it's very straightforward..only we gave him headache.. =_="

i'm really fickle leh..i keep thinking of adding things and i'm trying to tell myself to stop being greedy.. :P

we've been visiting our place everyday..and checking in with him almost everyday too..haha..so far the first week have been great though we had some issues with the electrical.. :good:

I was looking for this kind of bedframe! I like the headboard. You are right, it's really hard to look for the perfect one. I give up visiting those furniture shops all of them have the same modern contemporary feel.

where did u get ur bed from in the end? :P we tried Ikea, i quite like the simple design, but we need a bed frame with a full board below instead of planks as our mattress is 36cm and needs the support.. nothing looks/feel right although we've been to so many places.. :bangwall: