Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

and because both of us may not be able to visit the site often, and i'm a worry wart, i drew our electrical drawing for K. it's not tt i don't trust him, just that sometimes really will forget or miss out. it's also an easier way to communicate our wants and since the picture is color coded and complete with chinese words, i'm sure the electrician can follow. i did it and the husband vetted it. we changed it quite a few times till we were sure that we did not miss out anything.

7308515352_0d3d418d7f_z.jpg

we should be all ready to go! :dancingqueen:

and now..i feel like my chinese has improved..i know what's pendant lights, cove lights, track lights, downlights in chinese!

Hi theitsybits,

May I have the contact of your contractor? Btw, just curious, is it a must for owner to provide the plan for electrical work? If I have no idea of whatever lights are needed, it will be quite a task for me to tell the contractor or electrician on what to do. :o

Lynn, of course not necessary!

We did it cuz we're very fussy abt where we can on/off the lights..we wanted 2-way switches for almost all lights, so we can off the lights on corridor when we walk to bedroom..L said usually its one light which has 2-way switch, but we requested for 2-way switches for almost all lights in the house.. =P we also split the 4 down lights into 2 switches cuz 2 is ****, 2 at dining..husband does not want to on all 4 if we're reading papers **** room and nobody's at dining..

So yar..most ppl just tell them how many lights and where without specifying the number and position of switches.. =)

Hi theitsybits

The above lamp shld be ship lamp? - side lights for the hallway?

Cheers

What u mean by ship lamps? U mean those mounted on walls?

We're using pendant lights at the corridor..Tom Dixon's set of black beat lights.. =)

Actually we did slight changes after speaking to the electritcian on site too..Some points were simply added instead of shifted..I guess it's easier to add than shift and mend the wall back..

Edited by theitsybits

Day 5

Dropped by in the morning around 9 plus and the workers were already hard at work.

To my delight, my brick wall was already work-in-progress!

7172715071_883483a046_z.jpg

7172717815_99298125d7_z.jpg

They also started with my mosaic wall in the toilet too!

7357935858_4b84fc61ab_z.jpg

Cement screeding has also started..

It's a joy to watch these people at work, for they take pride in their work and these are professional skills which most of us disregard these days..every single tile is laid on and adjusted with precision..and the guy who was doing my cement screed look like he's dancing with his spade as his movements were so smooth and rhythmic..

7357936632_db7e91312c_z.jpg

Another room was also screeded when I was there in the evening.

7172720235_a03188b721_z.jpg

one brick wall and one mosaic wall in the toilet is also completed.

Week 1 Concluded

Some works were done on Saturday, and no works on Sunday.

We dropped by on Saturday evening, after spending the afternoon at Lorgans (I love love love the furniture there).

This is how our place look like after one week of renovations. Progress has been fast and I'm really very pleased. :thumbs up:

7172721977_483496427e_z.jpg

The corridor flanked by my lovely brick walls.

7357941214_405cb808be_z.jpg

Cement screed completed in study room and MBR with hacked wall mended. Electrical points are also ready for false ceiling.

7172729479_4fee69fc8b_z.jpg

Study and corridor screeded.

7172741713_6d40650f92_z.jpg

Another perspective.

7172732197_0cd14095cd_z.jpg

The half-done mosaic wall in the MBR toilet..

Week 1 Concluded...cont..

7172734657_38d3695b7a_z.jpg

The completed mosaic wall in the common toilet.

7357961132_0ef0ed78c0_z.jpg

The half-done brick wall.

7172736501_b5b6993832_z.jpg

7172740137_b78f030dc8_z.jpg

7172746149_b5c1e65a16_z.jpg

The warzone..

The brick walls and mosaic walls should be completed in the next few days..i'm really looking forward to it..

Flooring should also start next week as the screeding has been done for most of the house..

As both of us are busy the coming week, we may be going down less frequently as we did the first week..but i would have really loved to see every single step in this process..

It's has been a great week and both of us are very excited to see our home taking shape and deciding on all the nitty gritty details..Hopefully Week 2 will be as great.. :P

Brickwall... What colour will you be using?

Lot of walls are being hacked away and it looks pretty spacious and bright.

Will you be doing another featured wall opposite your Brickwall?