Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

where did u get ur bed from in the end? :P we tried Ikea, i quite like the simple design, but we need a bed frame with a full board below instead of planks as our mattress is 36cm and needs the support.. nothing looks/feel right although we've been to so many places.. :bangwall:

In the end we got our bedframe from ikea too. If I want to get those headboard with tufted buttons, I want it to be fabric and not leather, most of them out there are leather. And later I also found that with the tiny master bedroom, it is simply impossible for us to have such a bulky bed frame, and only ikea has a bedframe that is small enough for my room. By the way, if your mattress is very thick, it should be very heavy! I don't think the ikea bed slates can support it. :unsure:

Edited by ValerieLow

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Very very good progress!!! Ur house looks soooo spacious!!! So envy~ "like like"

hee far great progress thanks to K lor..but house still small la..it's only big cuz i used my wide-angle lens.. :unsure:

Brickwall... What colour will you be using?

Lot of walls are being hacked away and it looks pretty spacious and bright.

Will you be doing another featured wall opposite your Brickwall?

brickwall will probably be left like this without painting..initially wanted white but thought this looks nice too..can keep it this color and paint it white in future.. :sport-smiley-004:

and yar i like it bright and spacious.. =) there'll be a 1m wall (width of the corridor) feature wall, covered with wooden planks..haha dunno how to describe..but it's mainly to cover the recess..

In the end we got our bedframe from ikea too. If I want to get those headboard with tufted buttons, I want it to be fabric and not leather, most of them out there are leather. And later I also found that with the tiny master bedroom, it is simply impossible for us to have such a bulky bed frame, and only ikea has a bedframe that is small enough for my room. By the way, if your mattress is very thick, it should be very heavy! I don't think the ikea bed slates can support it. :unsure:

yar we went to ikea, and all beds do not come with a flat support base.. =(

i like fabric too..trying to convince my husband, cuz he's worried that fabric may be dirty and difficult to maintain..will ask if it's possible to custom-make one.. :D

Light has a "back to the past" feel. Found in boom shelter tunnels or colonial barracks or Alfred Hitchcock's films. :sport-smiley-004:

This is one of my consideration to fix this light at service yard :)

wow, looks like quite a few people have the same taste and like lights like this - lights which the older generation would frown upon and think what's wrong with me.. =p

Hehehe.. I think I may be classified as the "older generation" :notti: . But I do like interesting old stuff too. We have quite a few small pieces of "antique" which others might find useless but to us, it has an interesting history. :dribble:

Hee that's great..but i guess smtimes it's mindset not age la!

I'm totally anticipating all sorts of comments for my place from my 'older generation' who probably still like the 'modern' feel and wouldn't get it. =/

Hee that's great..but i guess smtimes it's mindset not age la!

I'm totally anticipating all sorts of comments for my place from my 'older generation' who probably still like the 'modern' feel and wouldn't get it. =/

Same here!!! I'm procrastinating on my housewarming for the same reason. My mil was also quite negative initially commenting that the cement wall was not completed. But now she likes my place. Even my little nephew who is coming 5 says he like my place too.. So I guess maybe only a small minority can't take it ba.. Overall should be amazed...

Hi can share how much it cost to do this wall?

:thumbs up:

market rate should be around 1.5k for a similar-sized wall..i got 5 different quotes are they're consistently this price.. :rolleyes:

Same here!!! I'm procrastinating on my housewarming for the same reason. My mil was also quite negative initially commenting that the cement wall was not completed. But now she likes my place. Even my little nephew who is coming 5 says he like my place too.. So I guess maybe only a small minority can't take it ba.. Overall should be amazed...

hopefully lor! friends should be ok, don't like also won't keep saying..mil already complain abt my floor tiles, cuz we chose the same tiles for whole house instead of parquet for rooms..say rooms parquet better, else got kids slp on floor no good..also got ppl say my brick wall no good, very hard, my kids will bang their head..den my open concept white kitchen also kana..i guess my cement screed wall will get comments too..and my mosaic wall grouts.. :bangwall: not sure if i can take it if ppl go round my place nit-picking on everything.. :help:

got so hard to understand that i made my choices knowingly meh.. :bleah: i rather it look nice and don't last that long, than look ugly and last forever.. :furious: