Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Looking great! Have u tried walking bare foot? Haha

Oh, was there a prob joining to the toilet floor tiles? Another ID warned me that the floor is not really even...

hey we went to see again..it's indeed at different levels and K has said that he can either make a curb or make a slope to join both..we've chosen a slope for easy wheelchair access..it should look similar to my entrance i suppose..

Nice!

thanks! :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi theitsybits

Ur blog is a life saver! I didnt knw there is timber look alike tiles!

Did u choose the homo tiles for ur whole hse or diff materials for living room, kitchen n bedrooms?

Could u pm me ur reno quotation n ur contractor contacts?

nexer8@hotmail.com

Thanks and cant wait to see ur photos!

Edited by Nexer

Hi theitsybits

Ur blog is a life saver! I didnt knw there is timber look alike tiles!

Did u choose the homo tiles for ur whole hse or diff materials for living room, kitchen n bedrooms?

Could u pm me ur reno quotation n ur contractor contacts?

nexer8@hotmail.com

Thanks and cant wait to see ur photos!

We chose the same tiles for the whole house (except toilets) for a seamless look, hoping to create continuity and an illusion of space. Our kitchen is open-concept and we knocked down the walls between service yard and kitchen, and overlaid kitchen/service yard tiles.

Tiles should be more durable and less problems than real wood flooring..but grout lines are inevitable although it can be brown to match your tiles..longer tiles are also not recommended due to warping issues (tiles are not totally straight).

My friend told me tiles wont have warping issues. Isit true?

warping as in the tiles is not 100% even..the tiles will not be very even if you lay it like mine as the tiles are not 100% straight..ours is like staggered instead of aligning all tiles..it's not a problem if you lay it in straight aligned rows (like normal homogeneous tiles) as the 'not straight' will be aligned and look straight..

very difficult to explain! dun think i did a good job explaining, i think u can ask some IDs or contractors, they should be able to explain it better..

but anyway you have to be prepared that it might not be very even..we've seen a few tiles which obviously feel like one side is sunken..K will change that few for us, but he said that he has already warned us about it beforehand and it's inevitable when we use such tiles for indoors..we've already chose the shorter one (60cm) to minimise the problem..we're ok with most if it, but K mentioned that he can see that all isn't very even =_=" he said some of his customer has chosen 90cm tiles, and he's going to make him sign indemnity, as it's definitely not going to be even and he can't be hacking and changing so many tiles.. =p

hellooo again!! which part of furniture mall did you get your sofa?? it's gorrrgeeeouuusss!! was it the jurong furniture mall you went to? :) :)

hellooo again!! which part of furniture mall did you get your sofa?? it's gorrrgeeeouuusss!! was it the jurong furniture mall you went to? :) :)

yes yes, it was love at first sight for me..plus it's comfy.. :sport-smiley-004:

it's at jurong furniture mall..a shop near the information counter called Star Living..

Hi..do you mind sharing the item/model no. of the tiles that you got from Soon Bee Huat for your flooring? Thanks!

HiHi, thank you.

Appreciate it..

hello, i'm not sure if it's available at all outlets as i've only been to the one at furniture mall..just checked my receipt it's called Azumi Long Bench, made of rubber wood..the sofa is also under the Azumi range..

i suppose you can call and check before going down?

130cm - $299

165cm - $399

There's also a longer one but not sure how long or how much..