Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

wow... cement screed?

can you give me your ID contact number... in end of Aug, we will receive the key~

and how much for the brick wall ? My sis always wish for a red brick wall but everyone said its tedious, hard to maintain and expensive !?

brick wall cost abt 1.5k for abt a 2.5m wall..pricing was pretty consistent between IDs/contractors.

paloma has a pretty red brick wall..i suppose it is expensive, but not much more expensive than a feature wall for tv console..maintenance i suppose it's more work than normal walls as it it rough and has grouting..it's a choice to make..pretty things are usually higher maintenance (same for everything including woman). :P but i'm willing to spend time cleaning it in exchange for the happiness i get from admiring it everyday..

where's your estate ay?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I wish i was you to have clear thought on what exactly you want and actually archive it all one by one..

When see your journey of building a dream home with your hubby, make me wanna pray for you as well.

i also finding the ship lamp.. 航海燈。。。

also this...

gse-091j.jpg

you don't have to wish you were me, you can start working towards what you want! :D

i have always wanted my own place, and being able to design it and choose every single thing from scratch is really a dream come true and very gratifying..

you can try ebay for the lamps? it may be pricey, but possible to find..

Day 9

Dropped by in the evening to drop some lights which I just collected. We bought our lights from taobao at unbelievably cheap prices..it's so cheap that I wouldn't mind changing it a few times..

7365449492_b2b9a40fb6_z.jpg

E27 down lights.

7365448528_726158d962_z.jpg

Track lights.

7369031970_d67d205980_z.jpg

The brick walls were wrapped up in plastic to protect it from screeding in the living room.

Day 11

As sand wasn't sufficient, more sand was delivered on Day 10.

By Day 11, cement screeding for the whole house was done and K sent a picture.

7379459424_5a72bf8679_z.jpg

Edited by theitsybits

Week 2 concluded

7379429586_3ed8ccc399_z.jpg

Stepping into our place to see the screeding all done and dried up. My curbs for kitchen cabinets are also done.

7379431138_39ae6e4cbd_z.jpg

My living room partition is also being prepared.

7379432702_41d186bc7b_z.jpg

False ceiling structure was also done in the MBR.

7379434980_364c0b4820_z.jpg

Weather was also great, with many people jogging/strolling in the park downstairs.

7379437044_4bc2b1b694_z.jpg

Tiny MBR toilet.

Edited by theitsybits

Week 2 concluded cont..

7379439102_417609d709_z.jpg

View from the corridor.

7379441346_6c11795c7c_z.jpg

Living/dining room.

7379443412_d0065a9c6e_z.jpg

The brick wall. It's pretty white now, I suppose I wouldn't need to paint it.

7379445594_54641de0d6_z.jpg

View from the entrance.

7379447982_549aa34fdd_z.jpg

Dining area.

Pretty happy with the progress and how the house looks now. It seems a lot bigger since I first stepped into it. I wonder if it's me getting use to the house or if knocking down some walls and evening the flooring helps to create an illusion of a bigger and seamless space.

The brick wall really grows on me, I'm really lovin' it. :D

Flooring will start on Monday, and should be completed next week.

We have applied for a permit to hack down the 2 walls separating the kitchen and service yard to create a even bigger space for the kitchen. 2 weeks after submission, still no news and they finally came back (after we called for 3 days in a row to chase them). PE is required to hack those 2 walls and hopefully we can get everything settled and hacked next week. Without hacking, it's not possible to finish flooring and the curbs! I'm really looking forward to the flooring, as it would complete the look for our place - we will know if the house is like what we imagined it to be.

We have also got our air-con - Mitsubishi Inverter system 4. We don't have much choices given the tiny air-con ledge window. They will install the piping next Saturday. We got it from Hong Liang at Alexandra, served by Vincent. After upgrading to grade 0 and copper 22 pipes and 24b for the living room, it came to $3,950 with 2 installations. We initially wanted to go for mega shops like GC/Harvey/Courts as they offer installment plans. But prices were in the region of 5k before any upgrades. :jawdrop: i also heard horror stories about GC's installation. Can't imagine paying 1k more for the same thing, so we ended up getting it from Hong Liang like many of our neighbors did.

Edited by theitsybits

Thank you so much for your suggestion :jammin:

the house is actually a 3-rooms resale flat at telok blangah, not big at all...but enough for me and my sis.

i cant wait to bake and cook at the kitchen !

Anyway, are you using daigou to help you purchase the lamps from TAOBAO?

Thank you so much for your suggestion :jammin:

the house is actually a 3-rooms resale flat at telok blangah, not big at all...but enough for me and my sis.

i cant wait to bake and cook at the kitchen !

Anyway, are you using daigou to help you purchase the lamps from TAOBAO?

yup i'm using daigou.. :)

i can't wait to cook and bake too! i miss those days when i cooked/baked almost everyday..looking forward to having my own kitchen..size is not an issue.. :D

Day 15

Flooring started, and K sent me a picture:

7401418252_27ea7ba84a_z.jpg

Day 16

Flooring for the living room is almost completed.

7401374636_00a1ff0dce_z.jpg

View from the entrance.

7401411882_84f7444ba5_z.jpg

7401383438_15fac404f4_z.jpg

7401388332_cc7bcc3aa0_z.jpg

I think I like it though it couldn't have looked as good as using real wood. Husband thinks that the planks look short, but I guess we made the best decision since longer planks would have worse warping issues..

what do you think?

Day 15

Flooring started, and K sent me a picture:

7401418252_27ea7ba84a_z.jpg

Day 16

Flooring for the living room is almost completed.

7401374636_00a1ff0dce_z.jpg

View from the entrance.

7401411882_84f7444ba5_z.jpg

7401383438_15fac404f4_z.jpg

7401388332_cc7bcc3aa0_z.jpg

I think I like it though it couldn't have looked as good as using real wood. Husband thinks that the planks look short, but I guess we made the best decision since longer planks would have worse warping issues..

what do you think?

Your place looks really good!!

Aesthetically, I agree with your husband, the planks are too short. If longer planks, there may be less visible grout lines? I saw someone using wooden textured tile planks as you do. Not sure if you visited his blog before? His planks are longer though.

Nevertheless, you place still looks great. After your funiture are in, they are not so obvious anymore. No worries! :yamseng:

Your place looks really good!!

Just by looking at the walls and floor, I can already sense the scandi feel :good:

Wah your house renovation progress is looking really good.

Can't wait to c your house after renovation

Aesthetically, I agree with your husband, the planks are too short. If longer planks, there may be less visible grout lines? I saw someone using wooden textured tile planks as you do. Not sure if you visited his blog before? His planks are longer though.

Nevertheless, you place still looks great. After your funiture are in, they are not so obvious anymore. No worries! :yamseng:

Many thanks for the positive comments! :sport-smiley-004: i'm really hoping it turns out well, cuz we've no 3D and everything is really chose based on our own visualization skills.. :P

It does look abit short and would probably look nicer if the planks were longer..but contractors usually warn abt warping issue tt causes uneven flooring, so we chose 15x60cm..even so, flooring might not be totally even as tiles are not all even..think the other t-blog should be using 15x90cm and we saw some nice ones at hafary..all their nicer ones are 90cm or longer ;)