Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Does anyone has issues with malware on this site? I can't post on my laptop!

yes, if i google renotalk, cannot click to the result page. And even now my antivirus has popups that it stopped some web toolkit attacks...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yes, if i google renotalk, cannot click to the result page. And even now my antivirus has popups that it stopped some web toolkit attacks...

Same problem here with google. Did u use yahoo to get in?

Does anyone has issues with malware on this site? I can't post on my laptop!

Alisa: I'm having a bookshelf behind the wardrobe sharing same backing..some ppl use it as a laminated feature wall or use gypsum board to cover it and looks like other walls..your idea should be good and noise should not be an issue since clothes should be a good insulator? It's your own house leh, who will knock on the insides of the wardrobe! Just like knocking on the door mah..

Cutebaby: I'm only using one tile, one color for the whole house including kitchen yard, kitchen and rooms..the toilet came with grey tiles which we did not change..

children lor.. especially children will do that kind of thing..

planning ahead hahahaha.. now also no kid already think of children liao :P

yea, also having the malware problem, since yesterday or the day before? can't remember liao.. but i juz click proceed anyway.. dun care :bleah:

haha.. later they find out can do morse code through the wardrobe >.<

hmm..i think possible..because ur kids have very imaginative parents! :P

but honestly, after stuffing my wardrobe full with clothes, it isn't easy to try going past clothes to knock on the backing.. :o

Hi,

Can i know where u found that cute tissue holder? My wife love it and has been nagging me to get it for her..haha

It's at one of the shop at furniture mall at Toh Guan. I can't remember the name of the shop, it's the one at the corner that sells wood furniture.

Hello,

We got the tiles from Soon Bee Huat. They were $2.60psf before gst..

i have no complaints about my tiler contractor, he has been very responsive, very responsible and everything has been very smooth..even when there's minor rectification needed he does it for us..neighbors who visited our place has commented that my grouts are very narrow and tiles are laid very nicely.. :thumbs up:

but one thing about such tiles my way, the floor will not be entirely even/flat as the tiles itself is not straight (abit warped)..it will be less obvious if you lay it staggered or aligned..i guess you can avoid this problem by buying more expensive tiles ($9psf kind) as those are not made in china and is generally straighter..

Thank you and appreciate your reply! :)

Can PM me your tiler's contact?

Thanks

Carpentry

We are still eagerly waiting for our carpentry to be ready, and everything has come to a standstill. Air-con would be installed next week, and we're hoping that carpentry would come within the next 2 weeks.

We've quite abit of carpentry works, and most of it were communicated through drawings I did on graph paper and drawn to scale. I suppose that most of our carpentry works are quite standard - how different can wardrobes and kitchens look?

Our kitchen is pure white. The only slightly different thing we're doing is the wood-planks effect feature wall and shoe cabinet in the living room. My baby is the design of the makeup area cum accessories storage at the side of our wardrobe. A lot more thought was put into that design.

7603460566_9d7d88de33_z.jpg

I've a pathetic 6ft wardrobe which I have to share with the husband..*cries. I don't quite understand why he demands an equal space when I obviously have more clothes than him. He likes to hang his clothes, everything including tee-shirts. I like to have shelves where I can stack my clothes, because I've a lot of clothes and folding them maximizes the space.

7603458768_c7b360ab92_z.jpg

The special design of our wardrobe is this side compartment, casement on the side. For a long time, I was sad that I couldn't have space to add a make-up table in the MBR after fitting in the king size bed and side tables. I also can't think of where to put the mirror as mirror facing the bed is very bad fengshui, something which I'm not comfortable with. Till he suggested having this casement at the side, with the mirror inside! I went into full steam, designing this area for make-up and accessories storage. I went to measure things like mascara and eye-liner height and other make-up items to do up the dimensions.

7603460028_3629243f94_z.jpg

Our bookshelf is relatively simple. I wasn't that keen about having open shelvings, though I've to admit that they look beautiful. I end up having open shelvings just at the middle. We'll be having an L-shaped bookshelf behind the MBR wardrobe.

7603459534_c461c55f0f_z.jpg

The shoe-cabinet with wooden-planks door. We added drawers for socks and a compartment for umbrellas.

7603459092_8a4a079c65.jpg

And this is the feature wall at the recessed wall in the middle of the living room.

Kitchen and vanity designs are simple, just that we left a space under the solid-top for laundry basket in the huge common bathroom.

I'm really really looking forward to the carpentry works to complete the whole look and renovation. Even then, it will take weeks and months to slowing decorate the place and fill it with things that define us.

I've issues with all the things I've bought for the new place. My room is like a storeroom now, full of boxes and huge shopping bags filled with things like quilt, bedsheets, pots and pans, kitchen utensils etc. I need the house to be ready so that I can move these things over!!!! :help: