Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kalimantan

Infinity At West Coast (My Experiences)

Few weeks back accompany my bro and sis-in-law to view a private condo, and agent bought us there.

This was a Sat afternoon, 2pm, man i am surprised that no one was at the swimming pool. Only 3 of us. (Agent will be late for about 15 min.)

During the 15 min, 3 of us can hardly talk, realised that it was near AYE highway (with cars and trucks speeding at aye. (Tip : download an noise db apps to measure the sound.) We measure the db sound at the swim pool and was shocked it is about 80++ consistently.

20 - quiet bedroom

40 - library

60 - normal conversation

80 - normal traffic

100 - power saw

120 - pain

Then we were brought up to an unit facing the AYE. Air con was switch on and Windows gates or grill were shut. We open up all windows. It was so noisy that the agents themselves also want to close it. (agent probably piss off with noise too)

Although it is freehold and valuation was above 1.2m++, appraently the owner willing to drop to $1m.

We decided to give it a miss since it is too noisy. Moreover no one can forever close windows and turn air-con 24 hours just to avoid noise.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Few weeks back accompany my bro and sis-in-law to view a private condo, and agent bought us there.

This was a Sat afternoon, 2pm, man i am surprised that no one was at the swimming pool. Only 3 of us. (Agent will be late for about 15 min.)

During the 15 min, 3 of us can hardly talk, realised that it was near AYE highway (with cars and trucks speeding at aye. (Tip : download an noise db apps to measure the sound.) We measure the db sound at the swim pool and was shocked it is about 80++ consistently.

20 - quiet bedroom

40 - library

60 - normal conversation

80 - normal traffic

100 - power saw

120 - pain

Then we were brought up to an unit facing the AYE. Air con was switch on and Windows gates or grill were shut. We open up all windows. It was so noisy that the agents themselves also want to close it. (agent probably piss off with noise too)

Although it is freehold and valuation was above 1.2m++, appraently the owner willing to drop to $1m.

We decided to give it a miss since it is too noisy. Moreover no one can forever close windows and turn air-con 24 hours just to avoid noise.

Hi,

I am at Infiniti, but my unit is looking at opposite direction (above the Guard House). We are here already 3 years.

Usually, people are at pool at late afternoon time cos 2pm is lunch time.......

Yes, its true, at swimm pool is very noisy, but you can use to it after while....but, must admit that those units facing pool are horror to live in it...the noise is not only concern, there is dust as well especially for higher floor units...

But, if you are working all day, so leave home in the morning and come back in the evening, why you should have air-con 24h on?? At that side the sun is just in the morning, so there is no need to have air-con all day on..... Anyway, if your brother is keen for Infiniti cos its freehold (and, like I've heard, here can be found very cheap psf), then maybe to look some of the units facing opposite the pool.....

Edited by Andreja

Hi,

I am at Infiniti, but my unit is looking at opposite direction (above the Guard House). We are here already 3 years.

Usually, people are at pool at late afternoon time cos 2pm is lunch time.......

Yes, its true, at swimm pool is very noisy, but you can use to it after while....but, must admit that those units facing pool are horror to live in it...the noise is not only concern, there is dust as well especially for higher floor units...

But, if you are working all day, so leave home in the morning and come back in the evening, why you should have air-con 24h on?? At that side the sun is just in the morning, so there is no need to have air-con all day on..... Anyway, if your brother is keen for Infiniti cos its freehold (and, like I've heard, here can be found very cheap psf), then maybe to look some of the units facing opposite the pool.....

yeah no offence bro but carablle, hundred trees, infiniti, parc, all those face aye would have noise problems. but there are some units facing inwards and away right, then noise won't be that bad.

yeah no offence bro but carablle, hundred trees, infiniti, parc, all those face aye would have noise problems. but there are some units facing inwards and away right, then noise won't be that bad.

That is excatly what I said, my unit is facing South-West and I have no any noise from AYE.

That is excatly what I said, my unit is facing South-West and I have no any noise from AYE.

sorry my bad! i was looking into the area actually, but like you said, those inwards ones.

wow, glad the resident (Andreja) did speak up.

Honestly i've nothing against other units since agent show us only ONE unit that faced the AYE. But i like to bring up certain points

a) yes any one work on 9am to 5pm, but when night falls, it does not mean AYE no traffic. When around 11pm ownwards where there are less traffic, cars will more likely to speed up and create the speed sound which is worst than many cars jam without moving.

b) how about Sat / Sun - the unit owner must close all windows and turn on air-con since there are less likely have less traffic, but will have cars speeding.

c) going back to the bench mark sounds db in the phone application, I retest the same noise check in KopiTiam (food court in shopping area, at around 6pm + where i was having meal). There are crowds sitting and people all talking (i am sitting alone). And the noise average is about 70+ db. So rather than understanding what is "tolerable sound" at AYE, anyone can use the typical KopiTiam noise as a gauge. If you cannot stand the Kopitiam noise, that means you shld not buy a similar unit that face AYE where the average sound is 80+

20 - quiet bedroom

40 - library

60 - normal conversation

80 - normal traffic

100 - power saw

120 - pain

d) However there are some landed properties around the inifiti area (not facing aye), which i would say it is much quieter and looks very neat from outside.

wow, glad the resident (Andreja) did speak up.

Honestly i've nothing against other units since agent show us only ONE unit that faced the AYE. But i like to bring up certain points

a) yes any one work on 9am to 5pm, but when night falls, it does not mean AYE no traffic. When around 11pm ownwards where there are less traffic, cars will more likely to speed up and create the speed sound which is worst than many cars jam without moving.

b) how about Sat / Sun - the unit owner must close all windows and turn on air-con since there are less likely have less traffic, but will have cars speeding.

c) going back to the bench mark sounds db in the phone application, I retest the same noise check in KopiTiam (food court in shopping area, at around 6pm + where i was having meal). There are crowds sitting and people all talking (i am sitting alone). And the noise average is about 70+ db. So rather than understanding what is "tolerable sound" at AYE, anyone can use the typical KopiTiam noise as a gauge. If you cannot stand the Kopitiam noise, that means you shld not buy a similar unit that face AYE where the average sound is 80+

20 - quiet bedroom

40 - library

60 - normal conversation

80 - normal traffic

100 - power saw

120 - pain

d) However there are some landed properties around the inifiti area (not facing aye), which i would say it is much quieter and looks very neat from outside.

a) - it's true....just, I thought that during the night, you anyway should have all closed and aircon on cause of possible rain (which is very often lately), so any AYE traffic noise should not to bother you....

If I'm not wrong, I think that there was come complains from other residents regarding that 'speeding up' cars and that MA asked Traffic Police for cameras to be instaled in our vicinity.......but, I'm not sure if that was settled cause, like I've said, we are facing other side so the noise is not bothering us personally.

b) - correct.......but, you know, half of the 315 units @ Infiniti are facing AYE, and other half to other side, so if you are not in hurry and keen to buy some unit here, then you can wait some time for that unit facing other side to be at market. Just yesterday at The Staits Times I saw 3 ads for sale of "unit quite facing", so you always have other option.

c) - /

d) - landed property vs condo.....I think that we all know what are pros and cons; starting from the selling price, then facilities (pool, gym, shuttle bus), and so on or privacy, garden, more sqft....anyway, everyone knows what their preferences are and what kind of property can afford.