Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
denimart

Pokey In The City

Because most of the HDB layouts are squarish and yours is more like rectangular shape and i like the fact that your kitchen has two sides with windows. This will brighten up the kitchen!

Yeah, really. It is quite windy from kitchen and pretty bright from the windows too. Totally agreed :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Cement screed reminds me of my grandma kampong house

Innitially i quite like cement floor, but me and wifey agreed that we love the other flooring more which we are investing on...is like dream come true. We been talking about having our future home to have this flooring since few years back, now we are really getting it. Hang on... :sport-smiley-018:

Our demolition date starts from 23-25 April, my contractor really fast hand fast leg in taking down the tiles and tearing down the unnecessary stuff. At this moment, the few walls which suppose to be hack are still on pending. I kept calling the officer from the permit dept but the call forever get engaged. Finally my contractor advise me to pen an email to him, next day early morning i check HDB site and it got approve!? But by this time is already 25th, so my contractor rearrange a later hacking date and also submit a later date for demolition permit again. Anyway, talk about my contractor he is **** good, the day they tear down anything regardless tiles or wood structures...his workers will clear the debris away in the same day. Knew what, no ciggie butt can be found in the house too. His theory is he has to make sure his place are clean and so is a respect to the homeowners. He do not allow his workers to mess up the house, his theory again is so the subcon or other workers will take his works seriously and follow instruction knowing that the main contractor is not a person to be trifle with. If they see the house they work is dirty and ciggie butts everywhere, they will not take their job seriously. Quite respect on those theory though.

DSCF2010.jpg

The aircon was take down very soon after this pic is taken...the wardrobe in the common bedroom already had torn down. Empty area on the right. Note the debris was clean up.

DSCF2011-1.jpg

Kitchen

DSCF2033.jpg

Kitchen clean up!!

DSCF2071.jpg

Wall will be tear down the nextime u see it.

DSCF2069.jpg

From master bedroom...

DSCF2048.jpg

Quite happy that this system wardrobe is given to someone and will be given a new life again.

DSCF2052.jpg

At this time, all the aircon and trunking has already been removed. Contractor did a fast and clean job.

DSCF2050.jpg

DSCF2051.jpg

Albt, what is SC/CC? Oh we will try to go over to your house over the weekend if we can make it, would be nice to see your carpenter workmanship like i thought. Are u using alot of blum system? Too costly so we may skip it. Recently got tied up with work even over the weekend and we still left with alot alot of things haven't purchase..omg

Service and Conservancy Charge (SC/CC), monthly fee payable to Marine Parade Town Council. Usual is $50 per month for 4 rooms HDB flat, some months got special rate at 50% off. Go open the letter box, you got quite a lot of mails!

The hardware parts are a mixture of blum and hettich. They are not expensive, just that not all carpenters are certified to install them, that is why ID command a higher price tag if customer request for it. I want to show you the workmanship so you can request the same from your carpenter.

Hi pineapple, about 2.5 weeks ago Teka having 3 days sale at UE sq. Pity now no more. I used to think Teka is some cheap brand until i reach the showroom and shocked by their retail price...apparently Teka is even pricer than Brandt or Bosch on all similar products.

Gosh..i missed it. Ya..Teka is quite ex. My previous owner was using Teka hood and hob but too bad i have to discard it coz too bulky for my design....so wasted... :bangwall:

Our demolition date starts from 23-25 April, my contractor really fast hand fast leg in taking down the tiles and tearing down the unnecessary stuff. At this moment, the few walls which suppose to be hack are still on pending. I kept calling the officer from the permit dept but the call forever get engaged. Finally my contractor advise me to pen an email to him, next day early morning i check HDB site and it got approve!? But by this time is already 25th, so my contractor rearrange a later hacking date and also submit a later date for demolition permit again. Anyway, talk about my contractor he is **** good, the day they tear down anything regardless tiles or wood structures...his workers will clear the debris away in the same day. Knew what, no ciggie butt can be found in the house too. His theory is he has to make sure his place are clean and so is a respect to the homeowners. He do not allow his workers to mess up the house, his theory again is so the subcon or other workers will take his works seriously and follow instruction knowing that the main contractor is not a person to be trifle with. If they see the house they work is dirty and ciggie butts everywhere, they will not take their job seriously. Quite respect on those theory though.

Mine got cigarette butts on the very first day

I hate workers who smoke in my house. I don't mind they throw the cigratte butt on the corrugated cardboard as long don't burn the house, but I can't stand them throwing the cigratte butt on my water trapper! Now my water trapper has yellow stain.

I hate workers who smoke in my house. I don't mind they throw the cigratte butt on the corrugated cardboard as long don't burn the house, but I can't stand them throwing the cigratte butt on my water trapper! Now my water trapper has yellow stain.

i saw the butts on the cardboard. i got worried and told my contractor to make sure it doesnt burn.

i saw the butts on the cardboard. i got worried and told my contractor to make sure it doesnt burn.

Ya, that's the second worry. I wonder if the contractors send their workers to any safety course, or any internal safety training before sending their workers out to work. What if they really burn our houses because of their cigratte butts?

I told my friend to tell the plaster workers not to throw cigarette butt in my toilet, if stain my tiles i expect them to scrub my tiles clean with their tongue or else i will not pay a single cent for their plaster work.

Service and Conservancy Charge (SC/CC), monthly fee payable to Marine Parade Town Council. Usual is $50 per month for 4 rooms HDB flat, some months got special rate at 50% off. Go open the letter box, you got quite a lot of mails!

The hardware parts are a mixture of blum and hettich. They are not expensive, just that not all carpenters are certified to install them, that is why ID command a higher price tag if customer request for it. I want to show you the workmanship so you can request the same from your carpenter.

Oh mind, thanks for informing me. I will check the mailbox tonite...didn't expect to receive so many mails since we are the new owners. I will sms u if we can make it on weekend to view your workmanship, hope we can make it!! Hey, how many chance can the new owner and the ex owner meet at the same reno forum..lol

Ya, that's the second worry. I wonder if the contractors send their workers to any safety course, or any internal safety training before sending their workers out to work. What if they really burn our houses because of their cigratte butts?

Not even sure if they have insurance for work. If not, we are likely to suck thumb if we dont have those comprehensive house insurance.