Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ebeh123

How Much To Budget For Full Reno?

I'm in the midst of looking for a resale HDB and recently viewed this old flat (30+ years). The COV is low but condition of the flat is quite bad. Like never maintain for many many years. Basically if buy this house will need to redo the whole thing.

I'm wondering how much would I need to budget for the reno of the house. It's a 4rm flat, 86sqm. Not looking at doing anything fancy, but have to be decent & comfortable enough. Roughly need to do the following;

- re-do whole kitchen

- 2 bathrooms

- all flooring

- all doors

- hacking off built in wardrobes & replace with new ones (for 2 rooms)

- replace all lighting

- painting

- other maintenance works (wiring etc)

Also roughly how much extra if I break down a wall to convert 2 rooms to 1. This one is optional and we're still thinking about it.

Flat is quite old so also worried whether needs lots of repairing works. If there's anything that I missed out pls share also.

Anyone out there who done something similar before and would know?

Wanna compare if it makes sense financially or should get a flat that is in better condition but pay more COV.

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi there, happened to see your posting. usually i only go to tblog to chit chat.

anyway, for your reno for everything, also have to depends on what you want to use for your flooring, laminated floor is cheaper than tiles. And how big you want your wardrobe to be, same as your kitchen. everything goes by per feet run, so the bigger wardrobe you want or kitchen cabinet you want, then the more reno that you need. as for lightings, depends on whether you will get normal lightings or designer lightings. so to put it simply with the most simple reno:

- re-do whole kitchen - normal 10ft bottom and 10ft top with solid surface $3k

- 2 bathrooms - $8k with all accessories

- all flooring - tiles in living and kitchen, laminate in bedrooms - $8k

- all doors - $1.6k

- hacking off built in wardrobes & replace with new ones (for 2 rooms) - incl hacking of the wall between MBR and next room = $2.5k

- replace all lighting = $1.5k

- painting - $1.2k

- other maintenance works (wiring etc) - $2k

total abt $28k.

Please note that i am not professional in house reno, i am just telling you roughly what i would think you would need. might not be accurate but i based on what i did.

good thing is, the colours or laminates for all wardrobes and cabinets can be whatever you like. if you buy a better flat, the existing stuff might not be what you like... so its really depending on what you want. even a better unit, you will still need to reno a bit and it might come up to $10-$15k.

all the best in choosing your flat!