Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sandal

Painting New 5 Room Flat

Guys i would be moving into my 12 year old resale flat in August. Just wanna ask some questions. My wife and me decided to paint ourselves to cut some cost and besides the house would be pretty empty.

Where is a gd place to buy paints preferably in bedok? haahaa..

Was thinking of different colors for my house. As in i wan my house to be in galaxy grey and the rest maybe in light grey to have a contrasting effect.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

bro, JB is the cheapest place compare to SG. i bought mine 6cans of 5 liter nippon odorless aircare (seems better than the odorless premium all-in-1) at rm120/5lt, while sg selling the odorless premium all-in-1 at ~S$80.

think you can get from any hardware shop in JB that selling nippon paint. i guess nippon paint has the price control and the price difference is about rm10/5ltr at most at different shop, at least the shops near my place in nusa bestari. :)

just pay the 7% GST if the value is more than $150/person. i'm also going to paint my old 5-room flat. based on my calculation, i need 6 cans of 5 ltr to paint my whole house, including the ceiling. still, buy from JB is cheaper than sg, provided you have car to go in jb.

just pay the 7% GST if the value is more than $150/person. i'm also going to paint my old 5-room flat. based on my calculation, i need 6 cans of 5 ltr to paint my whole house, including the ceiling. still, buy from JB is cheaper than sg, provided you have car to go in jb.

where can do calcuation of how much paint to use ah

Hi DreamerX,

may I know for your estimation of 6x5 ltr, is that for 1 coat of paint or 2 coats? I am still not sure how much paint I need. Mine is an EA about 130sqm. Read that we need 1 coat of sealer and 2 coats of paint?

Appreciate ur advice :)