Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Minerat

Journey Of My Minaret Walk

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Okay, after 2 days of tiles selection, we have finally confirmed some tiles. Looks like we are making progress after all! :thumbs up:

Level 1 Toilet

As the level 1 toilet is very small, we basically wanted white walls so that it will look more spacious. However, it will be very plain if it's all white, hence we have chosen a more blackish tile for the back wall behind the WC, for effect.

Overall

pic000098.jpg

WC feature wall

pic000099.jpg

Rest of walls

pic000100.jpg

It's probably hard to see but there's some horizontal streaks on the tiles for patterns :rolleyes:

Floor

pic000101.jpg

We tried a few but it's really important that the tiles are not slippery. We took back all the samples, run water through them and tested. Finally we came to this!

Edited by Minerat

Living/Dining/Dry Kitcen/Yard

We've always wanted a warm look for our living room, hence after much deliberation have decided not to go with the ID's recommendation. Though I must really say his recommended tile does look nice and have the WOW factor. But it's too cold for us. Sorry Donny :dunno:

As there is no split between my living room, dining room and dry kitchen, I will lay them all with the same tiles to have that expansive (not expensive :P) look.

We are also very sure we wanted wood grain tiles for the yard area, but has yet to decide on the tone of the grains. I'd prefer darker wood whereas my wife prefers lighter ones.

Overall

pic000102.jpg

Living/Dining/Dry Kitchen

pic000103.jpg

Sink Stove (wet kitchen)

pic000104.jpg

Yard tiles (not decided yet)

pic000106.jpg

pic000105.jpg

Left with 2 more toilets yet to select! Headache, headache!!!

Edited by Minerat

Well, it's been a while since the last update. We have been busy packing lately as we need to vacate our current place on 11 Jul.

However, amidst all the packing, we squeezed out some time to look at a few more 3D drawings. We welcome any feedback that can help us improve our house :yamseng:

Study Room (created out of the hacked away MBR toilet)

img20120705wa0001.jpg

We really love this look. However, we have asked for a slight amendment to the side facing the window. We wanted that piece to be wider as we use our laptops with a monitor. That piece will have no drawers too as my wife likes to sit cross-legged so drawers get in the way. :dancingqueen:

TV Console

img20120706wa0005.jpg

Still undecided about this. Somehow felt that there's too much black, though I must admit that the black gives it a touch of class. I have asked for another 3D whereby the black and white are reversed. I want to see how that will turn out, before deciding.

Edited by Minerat

MBR Toilet

img20120706wa0006a.jpg

Just feels that something is lacking. Understand that ID wants a resort theme...but just feel that something is not right. Don't really like the curvy shelving above the WC too...How? :unsure::dunno:

Edited by Minerat

Curvy wall shelf in toilet is not practical. U can't put books & it's too much for a display...how many thgs can u display in a toilet? The killer is the cleaning. Resorts can afford that cos they pay cleaners to clean.

For the living room, I thought the black will contrast better with the floor, plus less common. White gloss is v common unless u use textured matt laminate?

Edited by OnTheRoad

Today we moved out from our current place. It was the first time we've used movers. I must say it was a bit of a shock. They just came into the house, shoes, trolleys and everything. I appreciate the speed they do things but can see all the marks on the marbles after that. I dun think I would want this when I am shifting into my new house.

Is this the norm? Can I request for them to take off shoes and no trolleys inside the house?

Today we moved out from our current place. It was the first time we've used movers. I must say it was a bit of a shock. They just came into the house, shoes, trolleys and everything. I appreciate the speed they do things but can see all the marks on the marbles after that. I dun think I would want this when I am shifting into my new house.

Is this the norm? Can I request for them to take off shoes and no trolleys inside the house?

yes, you can request for them to take off shoes and don't use trolley. but i am not sure whether its feasible since yours is landed and its big. if they don't use trolley then will be very difficult for them to move.

the last time i moved, i personally carry all my boxes from inside the house and put it along the corridor so that can just load into the trolley and move. but those big items, then they have to come in and wrapped it then move it out. no trolley or shoes into the flat since too small for trolley.

But seriously, can't they lay cardboard or something? Trolley is one thing but the way they tilt the trolley and then drop it down with a bang. My heart skips a beat every time they did that. Are there movers who will lay cardboard before pushing the trolleys in? I seriously Dunn want that when moving in. My wife is also saying maybe we should move ourselves!

But seriously, can't they lay cardboard or something? Trolley is one thing but the way they tilt the trolley and then drop it down with a bang. My heart skips a beat every time they did that. Are there movers who will lay cardboard before pushing the trolleys in? I seriously Dunn want that when moving in. My wife is also saying maybe we should move ourselves!

I don't know any that will cardboard for you. Who did you use?? You request them not to use trolley inside and don't wear shoes. But expect to pay slightly more cos they have more carrying to do.

Was at Balastier the other day to eat the famous yong taufu. Saw this lighting shop and popped inside to take a look. Really like this piece of lighting very much... but it's probably very dark and dunno which room should it go into..

pic000140.jpg