Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
calmwaters

Blum Upgrade Cost

Hi calmwaters,

I've got the Blum pricelists. Let me know if you want them. Blum drawer sets are expensive like at least $100 per drawer. I would recommend you to buy the Tandem drawer runners instead. Much cheaper and pretty much the same (without the Blum word at the side of the drawers hahaz)

Prices will be the same, depending on pfr basis and if you want blum drawers will be add on the price lo.

Should be the retail price la. And Blum tandem runners and Soft closing should be included in the pfr price... at least for my contractor.

Shouldn't have additional installation fees also la.

Cheers :yamseng: ,

Mike

Hello Mike,

If you don't mind, can u PM me the price list for Blum?

Thank you in advance!!

Angie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thus I assume that the $100 per feet should be decent?

So how? You and your carpenter want to come see my kitchen cabinet to see if they can do the same for you for $100 pfr?

So how? You and your carpenter want to come see my kitchen cabinet to see if they can do the same for you for $100 pfr?

lol tachipanda...

lol tachipanda...

what are you laughing about?

i offer him and his carpenter come see mine and do the same for him at $100 pfr. dont know why he ji tao quiet.

Taichi, your top cabinet got a couple of bottom panel made from glass with some lighting inside? Any reason for doing that?

And what is ABS trimming? This type of lamination cannot see the joint?

what are you laughing about?

i offer him and his carpenter come see mine and do the same for him at $100 pfr. dont know why he ji tao quiet.

he got good deal leh, contractor charging him at cost. so might be even less than $100 pfr. hehehehe...

Taichi, your top cabinet got a couple of bottom panel made from glass with some lighting inside? Any reason for doing that?

And what is ABS trimming? This type of lamination cannot see the joint?

i want light inside my top cabinet, at the same time i also want light when i'm preparing my cooking ingredients on the counter top; so kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

abs is use on the trimming when use laminate, it is more durable when comparing to laminated trimming, it can also camouflage the black base color of the laminate.

he got good deal leh, contractor charging him at cost. so might be even less than $100 pfr. hehehehe...

ya lor... dont know where he find contractor so "good", charge him at cost.

ya lor... dont know where he find contractor so "good", charge him at cost.

cannot doubt lah... maybe he is good in negotiating loh. afterall, plywood is plywood mah. $60 pfr also plywood, $100 pfr also plywood and $180 pfr also plywood. :dunno:

Need your advice on the following. Recently i visited one showroom in my neighbour unit, and I found the carpentry with black base colour edges, and the ID claim that they can't do ABS trimming for certain areas. Izzit true, or ABS can be done on all edge lines?

Need your advice on the following. Recently i visited one showroom in my neighbour unit, and I found the carpentry with black base colour edges, and the ID claim that they can't do ABS trimming for certain areas. Izzit true, or ABS can be done on all edge lines?

certain areas? you've got any pics to show?

:unsure: ,

Mike

certain areas? you've got any pics to show?

:unsure: ,

Mike

Unfortuanately nope, not that nice to take foto at other ppl house... One of the example vividly rem was between the edges of two laminates on the tv feature wall. I can see its black outline clearly...

It depend on which area, can you be more specific?

Or you wish to see mine?

Unfortuanately nope, not that nice to take foto at other ppl house... One of the example vividly rem was between the edges of two laminates on the tv feature wall. I can see its black outline clearly...

Not all laminate comes with trimming material. Those that cannot do abs trimming will see the black colored base of the laminate, unless you are rich enough to use solid core laminate which can be quite limited to color and design.

Personally i will select laminate that can do trimming and provide specific instructions to carpenter on how to custom made my feature wall or console, including the use of soft closing hinges and drawer tracks.

Edited by taichipanda

Hi Taichi Panda,

Don't doubt me leh. I am not promoting any kind of services here. I settled my blum issue with my contractor already so did not come back to view the thread.

By the way, another question. My contractor also told me that ABS trimming can only be done for the doors of the cabinets and cannot be done at the 'side panels' of the cabinets. So he can only use white plaster to plaster the gaps between the laminates. Is that true???

Thanks!