Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mafiawife

Dutch House

Hi guys,

I just received the letter from HDB informed me my first apt is 10th Sept.. long way i know, but want to share the joy with u guys.. cant wait actually.. the occupier only me and my fur kid :thumbs up:

I guess HDB's floor plan for 3I are pretty standard.. it a super original condition so need to do quite alot i bet.. but have absolutely no idea in term of theme.. so need all the experts here.. :sport-smiley-004: here is my floor plan...

10-9427100244_Redacted.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome, fellow 3-roomer.

Frm ur nick, I presumed tt u are a lady? If u doesn't cook much, u may wish to consider doing open kitchen concept, as well as hacking the wall between ur mbr and common room. These will open up ur unit to make it widen for a typical 3-room hdb.

Since u hv pet, keep ur theme and furnishings simple. Probably u'll need lotsa space for the little one to roam about ;)

Hv fun.

Welcome to RT

So many 3roomers reporting :good::dribble:

C your reno pics soon :dancingqueen:

Welcome, fellow 3-roomer.

Frm ur nick, I presumed tt u are a lady? If u doesn't cook much, u may wish to consider doing open kitchen concept, as well as hacking the wall between ur mbr and common room. These will open up ur unit to make it widen for a typical 3-room hdb.

Since u hv pet, keep ur theme and furnishings simple. Probably u'll need lotsa space for the little one to roam about ;)

Hv fun.

Thanks for the welcoming Rover! bingo! me lady.. hehe.. I love to cook 'unfortunately' but i will still keep the kitchen open concept cos of the space, dont like wall.. I was wonder if i can extend the toilet and bathroom till the utility room? cos i will get claustrophobia in small enclosed area.. :bangwall:

H120248-b2hollandave10-94-1_Page_3.jpg

Welcome to RT

So many 3roomers reporting :good::dribble:

C your reno pics soon :dancingqueen:

Thanks casa!

I was a quiet reader in renotalk before i got my letter.. but i dont seem to find alot of 3 roomer here... wanna to get some ideas from the experts here but quite limited..

H120248-b2hollandave10-94-1_Page_4.jpg

those pics i extracted out from the valuation report. As you can see, need a major makeover.. it a 38 yrs old house.. no choice it was occupied by a very old lady.. but i will keep the kitchen's floor thou, find it old school and i kinda like it.. the rest gotta go.. geez! can smell my pocket burning a big hole! :wacko:

After u hack away the wall between living and kitchen wow super long

As utility wall u may chk with HDB c can hack anot lor

Remem post pics to share :yamseng:

U can't extend the toilet to the utility room cos of the wet area policy of toilet. Anyway, u cant hack the utility wall cos its prefab. U may wish to hack off the wall between the toilets, and extend out the wash basin into ur mbr. Also to hack and shift ur mbr/common room wall to make ur mbr bigger. Juz some ideas u may wish to ponder abt.

Edited by Rover

congrats!

i just sold off my 3 room flat & now searching for another 3 room.

Looking forward to your updates!

PS: I have 2 dogs & a cat :)

Welcome!!! Nice place u're getting urself.. Love the long kitchen... Couldnt find anything like it now with the btos...

Looking forward to ur updates... Cheers!

those pics i extracted out from the valuation report. As you can see, need a major makeover.. it a 38 yrs old house.. no choice it was occupied by a very old lady.. but i will keep the kitchen's floor thou, find it old school and i kinda like it.. the rest gotta go.. geez! can smell my pocket burning a big hole! :wacko:

The living marble flooring also nice.... Not easy to get marble so should keep too.

As for utility, like what Rover said, it's prefab so no hacking. And it's difficult to get approval to extend toilet/bathroom due to water proofing needed.

Congrats in getting your own flat! It would be fantastic, I am sure.

Thanks for the welcoming Rover! bingo! me lady.. hehe.. I love to cook 'unfortunately' but i will still keep the kitchen open concept cos of the space, dont like wall.. I was wonder if i can extend the toilet and bathroom till the utility room? cos i will get claustrophobia in small enclosed area.. :bangwall:

H120248-b2hollandave10-94-1_Page_3.jpg

Hi Mafiwife

Your kitchen flooring is GORGOUS!! Love it!

The living marble flooring also nice.... Not easy to get marble so should keep too.

As for utility, like what Rover said, it's prefab so no hacking. And it's difficult to get approval to extend toilet/bathroom due to water proofing needed.

Congrats in getting your own flat! It would be fantastic, I am sure.

Thanks guys! yes the kitchen's floor really nice, hence i am keeping it.. but the compressed marble in the hall abit challenging to up keep and it make the house look kinda down.. so gotta go..

eone, i have yet contact any ID.. will do it soon.. i need to apply for extend the toilet to the 2nd room... i heard it not easy rite?

Also to note if u are retaining the existing kitchen tiles: make sure ur ID hv similar tiles for replacement cos there's bound to be some hackings, eg removal of existing cabinets, sink etc, which may damage the existing tiles.