Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wowach

Japanese Minimal/ Scandinavian Living On A Budget

thanks! Unfortunately there is a wall that requires PE certification. We are reconsidering if we wan to hack it.

Any advice on if I should hack my wall between service balcony and kitchen? I wanted to hack it for a real open concept.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

thanks! Unfortunately there is a wall that requires PE certification. We are reconsidering if we wan to hack it.

Any advice on if I should hack my wall between service balcony and kitchen? I wanted to hack it for a real open concept.

is there a window alr in ur service balcony? Once u hack the wall, you will need to install windows.. extra costs...

There is actually already a wall with an opening. What I intend to do is to bring down the whole wall for a open feel.

But my concern is that the service balcony is also my place with the laundry and the uglys. So end up, it might be even more cluttered than open!

There is actually already a wall with an opening. What I intend to do is to bring down the whole wall for a open feel.

But my concern is that the service balcony is also my place with the laundry and the uglys. So end up, it might be even more cluttered than open!

If I am you, I will not hack that wall. Don't like the idea of clothes hanging there to be very visible in the kitchen. Moreover when you cook, the fumes may affect clothes if they happen to be there?

If I am you, I will not hack that wall. Don't like the idea of clothes hanging there to be very visible in the kitchen. Moreover when you cook, the fumes may affect clothes if they happen to be there?

Exactly my thought. The clothes will be very visible. It's currently a wall with a window gap (but no window). Also need to think ant what to do with that part. Shall post some pix tml!

Just met up with Alan, he mentioned there might be a beam in the wall between living and kitchen. But hdb has already approved.. Shouldn't it be okay enough to hack it? He said need to hack already then know.

Exactly my thought. The clothes will be very visible. It's currently a wall with a window gap (but no window). Also need to think ant what to do with that part. Shall post some pix tml!

Just met up with Alan, he mentioned there might be a beam in the wall between living and kitchen. But hdb has already approved.. Shouldn't it be okay enough to hack it? He said need to hack already then know.

Haha... like my unit's case, hacked liao then realise got this pillar standing in the way, and if I want to hack it, have to remove the false beam above it and part of my kitchen false ceiling was affected too... :rolleyes:

@ Bleucheeze: Wow, sorry to hear that.. but did you manage to work around the problem? Did you hack in the end?

As for mine, very happy that the wall has been hacked! I think there were no beam inside. Will follow up with Alan on that.

At the same time, decided not to hack the service balcony because the open-ness was achieved with just removing the living/kitchen wall. Further hacking the service yard wall will be overkill and messy with the laundry lying around.

Will take some pictures over the weekend!

Made some changes for our tiles.

photo1yf.jpg

Living and Kitchen after the hacking: Decided not to hack the service yard walls as we want to hide the ugly laundry poles.

photo2iyd.jpg

Our relatively small MBR which will just have a king size bed, wall mounted TV, suspended dress table and cabinet below window recess.

photo3rz.jpg

Study room

photo4bh.jpg

WIW area to be built inside the large recess area. The other half of it will be my home theatre area. Still thinking how best to keep it neat.

photo5pj.jpg

Edited by wowach

Having headache whether to use white or warm white lights. I'm afraid the white is too stark while the warm white will be too dull. :dunno:

Having headache whether to use white or warm white lights. I'm afraid the white is too stark while the warm white will be too dull. :dunno:

How about cool white? It's in between warm white and daylight, so there's a bit of yellow tinge to the white.