Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bb_1314

5Rm Bukit Panjang

IMG_2615_zpsc0263839.jpg

The bottom most pull out of the larder unit I requested to be 38cm, but carpenter made 33cm. It is just nice to put in a beverage bottle like this. So far in my house I couldn't find anything taller than this yet. Do you think there's anything taller than this?

hullo!

Just read your blog from page 1.

what will u put in there?

i'm doing drawers for kitchen too. i'm thinking tall items like khong guan biscuit tins, pringles or lays potato chips. should be same or shorter than that 1.5l bottle of drink.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Most probably beverages, heavy things like packet of rice. Think shld be fine I search the whole kitchen have not found a thing heigher than the bottle yet.

Hi bb1314,

Mind if I ask , are you also installing Servo Drive for your drawers? or just the Blum hardware for your cabinet drawers. From the picture it seems you are not doing corner drawers correct?

Thanx! appreciate your answer.

After a few days, ID called & say carpenter say cannot put 3 S4 together in the same cabinet, too high. So swap the S4 to the oven there and replace with S1.

cb56fe8a-6dec-4e2f-b78a-c781d50418e9_zps3c7551e3.jpg

Servo drive is totally out of budget. Just the basic blum soft closing. My carpenter say a cabinet w 3 drawers maybe cost a thousand? I've yet to verify that. I've been teasing by my carpenter bcos of installing the Blum. He say why not just install the normal excel dtc system... Hdb 没有人 install blum only condo bla bla bla. Jialat 我们不是人!

The corner I'll install the swivel basket. My opinion the Blum corner system true look impressive but it'll also waste the space so not worth the $ to install that. If u draw out the top view u'll know...

Today evorich guy came & install the high end resilient flooring (herf). One man show & by 1+pm he's finishing all the 3 bedrooms. Color aspen white. Homogenous flooring quite level with the laminate flooring & no "kerb" at the bedroom entrance.

image_zpsb612c411.jpg

Edited by bb_1314

Just wondering are we allowed to paint the window frame to white? Need to replace the kitchen window grill because after tiling cannot use back the old window grill. Wanted to change to white but that would be quite ugly if grill is white and window frame is black/bronze. Does hdb allow to spray paint it white?

The hacker/tiler didn't remove all of the old tiles near the window cos they say if they do, the window frame will be damaged & I need to replace the windows as well. So they sort of 'overlay' the tiles near the window, window size is about 0.5-1cm smaller so grill cannot use...

Edited by bb_1314

Can anyone show me a picture of the bathroom glass door latch? No idea how it look like...

Edited by bb_1314

:furious: I cannot understand at all. I given my requirement of dimension to the carpenter, even draw out the diagram w all the dimensions and send him pictures. He suppose to draw me 3D picture but I seen none.

1) Internal of toilet mirror storage cabinet to be at least 13cm, he make 11.5cm

2) wardrobe bottom space for 2 drawers at least 41cm, he make 38cm.

3) bottom most drawer for larder unit internal height to the upper drawer to be 38cm, he make 33cm.

4) Total there are 5 cabinet at the tv console, i want 2 to be drawer at the most left and most right, now become 2 drawers at the left.

5) Wanted a compartment at the tv console to hide the extension cable, in the end carpenter didn't do.

6) Always complaint why I like blum so much. I can't understand why the carpenter like excel so much...

All these are minor minor things, but adding up it's major thing. I can't understand why the carpenter can't respect customer's decision and view. Change design without getting customer agreement first. When I ask him to change it to my design his face turns black. Uncle I know you are in this industry many years but respectful to others is a basic manners and has nothing to do with your experience. :furious:

Hi bb,

Do you mind sharing who your contractor/carpentar is ?

I feel they are not doing a good job for you.

:furious: I cannot understand at all. I given my requirement of dimension to the carpenter, even draw out the diagram w all the dimensions and send him pictures. He suppose to draw me 3D picture but I seen none.

1) Internal of toilet mirror storage cabinet to be at least 13cm, he make 11.5cm

2) wardrobe bottom space for 2 drawers at least 41cm, he make 38cm.

3) bottom most drawer for larder unit internal height to the upper drawer to be 38cm, he make 33cm.

4) Total there are 5 cabinet at the tv console, i want 2 to be drawer at the most left and most right, now become 2 drawers at the left.

5) Wanted a compartment at the tv console to hide the extension cable, in the end carpenter didn't do.

6) Always complaint why I like blum so much. I can't understand why the carpenter like excel so much...

All these are minor minor things, but adding up it's major thing. I can't understand why the carpenter can't respect customer's decision and view. Change design without getting customer agreement first. When I ask him to change it to my design his face turns black. Uncle I know you are in this industry many years but respectful to others is a basic manners and has nothing to do with your experience. :furious:

Haiz... If he's a good carpenter I don't mind sharing w u. Good thing must share... But bad thing I'm sure u dun want to know. I just want to share that there are such person in the industry.

Aside from the carpentry mishap, pretty satisfied with the rain shower (city gas).

image_zps3745139f.jpg

Kdk fan up

image_zps65cd6124.jpg

Painting up but color wrong need to repaint

image_zps7151aade.jpg

Recess cabinet frame up. Thanks to eekenji for ideas

image_zps7273854e.jpg