Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hoaili

Our 142Sqm Ea @ Sk

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi hoaili,

If you build the door at the passenger way to the bedroom, will it be dark.

Hi MamaO,

With the door closed, it will be a little bit dark but I have lights along the passage way. The purpose of this door is not only for looking good but also to block the smell and fume while cooking in the kitchen, as there is no door at the kitchen.

Hi MamaO,

With the door closed, it will be a little bit dark but I have lights along the passage way. The purpose of this door is not only for looking good but also to block the smell and fume while cooking in the kitchen, as there is no door at the kitchen.

Ic, you have open concept for kitchen. That's good idea. I am thinking of the door too but worry it's going to be dark in the passenger way after closing but I m not going to have open comcept, I am thinking of others way so that people who walk pass do not look in, thinking of having string curtain, not confirm yet as not sure will it look nice.

Ic, you have open concept for kitchen. That's good idea. I am thinking of the door too but worry it's going to be dark in the passenger way after closing but I m not going to have open comcept, I am thinking of others way so that people who walk pass do not look in, thinking of having string curtain, not confirm yet as not sure will it look nice.

Haha, I was thinking of using string curtain initially. After ID advised string curtain will be outdated in no time and if we decided not to have string curtain anymore, the track will look ugly. So heeded her advice to use wooden door instead, no regrets cause the door really look nice !

MIA for more than 10 days, busy with pre-moving touch up, moving and unpacking.

Updates, updates, updates !

22 Oct - 23 Oct 2012

Electrician fixing the position of the dining lights.

20121023132318.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Lights up !

20121023193940.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Sofa set delivered

20121022171942.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Study room's door up !

20121022191518.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

MBR toilet's shower curtain up

20121022165733.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by hoaili

Worker is cleaning the marble chips one by one

20121023132312.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Passage walkway's view from Dining room

20121023194000.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Passage walkway's view from bedrooms, study room on the left

20121023194013.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Full height display cabinet which covered the bomb shelter entrance

20121023194121.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by hoaili

24 Oct 2012 - THE BIG DAY

Finally moving to new place ! Woke up at 5.45am and had move in ceremony at new house at 6.15am.

Felt so sad to leave our first nest of 12 years, yet very excited to move to new house !

Daughter was so emotional today, she took pictures of all the corners of our old home. She even left notes to the new owners, asking whether she can visit her old home occasionally !

The Helping Hands Movers - 4 mover in total. They are very efficient, 2 trips with 1.5 load of 14ft truck took them about 3 hours.

20121024132123.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

20121024140636.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

20121024141358.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Boxes everywhere ! Totally lost count how many boxes I have, as the boxes are all in different sizes. Guess around 70 - 80 ?

20121024155218.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

20121024155222.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

27 Oct 2012

Curtain finally up !

20121027205042.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

20121027204634.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

20121027204651.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Went to Star Living to buy Dining Table and Chairs. Must be wondering why not buy the dining table and chairs before moving right ? Initially thought of using the existing dining sets of 12 years old, little did we expect the four legs of the table no longer want to "support" the table top after the move. So, decided to buy a new set....

Chosen this table but in the colour of white, with the matching dining chairs in black

20121027190858.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

20121027190752.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by hoaili

Hi hoaili, can you let me know what door did you change for your bedrooms and how much is it.

Hi MamaO

The bedroom doors are veneer hollow, each cost $180. Each set comes with lever lock, and magnetic door stopper. A bit regretted for not getting the solid veneer which is $80 more each door. The soundproof is poor for hollow door. Sigh..... Was on very very tight budget, so 'Bo Pian' choosen the hollow one :bangwall:

thanks, do they change the door frame? can i have the contact for alex.

Hi MamaO

The bedroom doors are veneer hollow, each cost $180. Each set comes with lever lock, and magnetic door stopper. A bit regretted for not getting the solid veneer which is $80 more each door. The soundproof is poor for hollow door. Sigh..... Was on very very tight budget, so 'Bo Pian' choosen the hollow one :bangwall:

congrats to moving in!! very nice.... like your marble chips in the walkway and like your sofa too.... and also the divider and big big show cabinets. mine can only fit abt 50 pairs and already not enough... how i wish i got bigger space for more shoes.

Worker is cleaning the marble chips one by one

20121023132312.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Passage walkway's view from Dining room

20121023194000.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Passage walkway's view from bedrooms, study room on the left

20121023194013.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Full height display cabinet which covered the bomb shelter entrance

20121023194121.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi there, nice place! I especially like what u did for the corridor . Unique! iMac I know where u purchase your lighting fixture? The bunch of hanging light bulbs? And how much is it?

Thanks!