Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tobeornottobe74

Ah Long House! Help

Hi Guys,

I'm new here, not sure if anyone face this problem before....

I just know that the resale house I brought have problem with Loan Shark....

Just met my neighbour and she told me begining of the year, Ah Long just came to "paint" the door....

I'm starting my reno soon... now worry so much....

Anyone here face this experiance and can share with me.... I'm cant pull out of the deal now. Have to go ahead... sian....

Thanks Guy for any advice given....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Guys,

I'm new here, not sure if anyone face this problem before....

I just know that the resale house I brought have problem with Loan Shark....

Just met my neighbour and she told me begining of the year, Ah Long just came to "paint" the door....

I'm starting my reno soon... now worry so much....

Anyone here face this experiance and can share with me.... I'm cant pull out of the deal now. Have to go ahead... sian....

Thanks Guy for any advice given....

hopefully after owner sold house to you got $$$ to pay ah long so ah long dont disturb u... :yamseng:

hopefully after owner sold house to you got $$ to pay ah long so ah long dont disturb u... :yamseng:

This hope is more like tio toto

wait long long

hopefully after owner sold house to you got $$$ to pay ah long so ah long dont disturb u... :yamseng:

They got money also won't pay back and they would move out Liao so they also not scared.

But only beginning of the year had the "paint" door then maybe the case resolved already? Just install CCTV first then go to police if they come by again.

Edited by May_dream1

They got money also won't pay back and they would move out Liao so they also not scared.

But only beginning of the year had the "paint" door then maybe the case resolved already? Just install CCTV first then go to police if they come by again.

install CCTV & write a big big note stating the owner of IC NO S!@#$%^^& has already moved out.

My inlaws have a sign that state:

"THIS PERMISE IS MONITORED BY CISCO"

CCTV works best when its connected to the likes of CISCO... the runners can't get far without gettting caught.

I do have a wicked idea.... Something like what museums do trap the culprit just outside of the door till the police comes... :notti:

Thanks bro,

I guess there isnt much I can do, the only prevention is to install CCTV and put up a sign.

Hopefully, they read before painting my door. But i face another problem is I need to install two camera because I have lift lobby on my left and staircase on my right.... haiz.....

I'm also thinking to ask my contractor not to change my main door and gate first, change after 6 months. Hopefully, if they dont come during that 6 month period. I think it should be resolve liao.

I heard from a friend that if we install CCTV at the corridor, it only 6 months free. After that, have to apply for license.

Not sure any bro here can advice? Any Bro here engage company to install the CCTV or DIY? Need lobang to buy the equipment if DIY....

Appreciate the sharing, i can only keep my finger cross....

Have u seen any writings on the wall ? O$P$ ? Any newly painted patch wall ?

If nothing then most probably the ah long may be caught or the money already settled...

Have u seen any writings on the wall ? O$P$ ? Any newly painted patch wall ?

If nothing then most probably the ah long may be caught or the money already settled...

My neighbour did mention it was early this year, i couldnt find any trace of writting....

So I guess you are right too, just hope they dont come back.

omg.. hope its resolved.. just curious, when you purchased or viewed the flat, did you notice anything different? like low COV, or the house was already vancant?

Hi there,first u report this case to the police and then paste the report u ve made on the front door.Install a cctv.Install one real one at ur door then go mustafa buy some fakes one which costs only five dollars and some wires to make it as if its real at various point along ur corridor.I got this bad experience too.Never call back to the loansharks bcoz it will bring more trouble.There one more trick is tat,i dunno whether u come across tat at times u go into shops,when u walk pass the entrance,there is a welcome voice comin out from a so called speaker.Buy tat and install at ur house so if anyone walk pass,at least u know there is someone outside although its troublesome.I had used this few tatics for the past years.Just wan to share some tricks wit u....Hope all these tricks will help but just to let u know i dun ve such problems any longer.Touchwood la...

Theres no case to report as there are no physical evidence anywhere around the unit...

My neighbour did mention it was early this year, i couldnt find any trace of writting....

So I guess you are right too, just hope they dont come back.

How about the condition of the door ? U said ur neighbour mentioned about pouring paint on the door, so u can check if theres a new coat of paint or new door changed...

Hi Poh9846,

Your recommendation for the sensor not suit me, cos I'm a corridor unit. I dont want to my neighbour to feel distrub also.

Hi Speed45,

It was Low COV and the unit was empty, becos the agent said that the couple was separated before they move in. Now planning on divorce lor...

Did find funny on the door and gate, but thought that it might not be the case.

Now think of it, if i know. I wont give the COV at all....

Keep for changing the door and gate...

Hi tobeornottobe74, the more i read your replies the more i gather it may not be an "ah long house"... No clear signs of graffiti around the unit & no coverups to be seen... Have u tried asking a few more neighbours along that corridor to verify the "paint job" ? U may also try to go to the nearest npp/npc to check if theres any report of ah long harassment in your area or on your unit. :yamseng: