Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tobeornottobe74

Ah Long House! Help

Hi Guys,

I'm new here, not sure if anyone face this problem before....

I just know that the resale house I brought have problem with Loan Shark....

Just met my neighbour and she told me begining of the year, Ah Long just came to "paint" the door....

I'm starting my reno soon... now worry so much....

Anyone here face this experiance and can share with me.... I'm cant pull out of the deal now. Have to go ahead... sian....

Thanks Guy for any advice given....

Hi tobeornottobe74

2 things to note

1. Maybe your neighbour was just scaring you.

2. The house you brought isn't ah long but may be your neighbour. As nowadays Ah long imitated the surrounding units to force the actual debtor to pay up.

3. Just proceed with the renovations @door change as however to plaste a clear plastic protective film to protect in the meantime for 6 months or so......

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Guys,

I'm new here, not sure if anyone face this problem before....

I just know that the resale house I brought have problem with Loan Shark....

Just met my neighbour and she told me begining of the year, Ah Long just came to "paint" the door....

I'm starting my reno soon... now worry so much....

Anyone here face this experiance and can share with me.... I'm cant pull out of the deal now. Have to go ahead... sian....

Thanks Guy for any advice given....

Hi tobeornottobe74

2 things to note

1. Maybe your neighbour was just scaring you.

2. The house you brought isn't ah long but may be your neighbour. As nowadays Ah long imitated the surrounding units to force the actual debtor to pay up.

3. Just proceed with the renovations @door change as however to plaste a clear plastic protective film to protect in the meantime for 6 months or so......

Put plastic over ur door and install CCTV, but dun put dummy one, I saw one case, e buyer open door big big and put a baseball bat near the door entrance, see any ah long come, just whack.

I shared my experience here;

i also bought a ex ah long house but luckily never got paint splashed on door after I moved in. But i can see the door and even the letter box have marks of red paints.

However I will suggest first thing to do is report to police (as precaution) and ask them to do more patrol at your block.

Be prepared to sit out the first few years coz in my case i still have ah long letter posted to the ex-owner (after 2 years!). So my advice is DON'T open any letter (to the ex-owner)out of curiosity! Just throw away. Also there maybe letter from credit card company, debt collectors etc. Coz if the ex-onwer owe ah long, very likely he will also owe other bank, etc.

I also want to add this point: The agent is hiding this fact on purpose (if not it will be very hard to sell this flat)! I am not sure you want to complaint to CASE as this is cearly a case of cheating I would say!

But anyway, don't over worry. Pilice enforcement is very strong and ah long won't be so daring compare to last time!

For me, i have the fear too when i first moved in... It takes time to settle in

Edited by graykitchen