Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

My plants have started their move to the new home... But the problem is I have no idea where to place the few pots, and there are many more waiting to be shifted over.

now they are hanging outside my main door...if you could figure out where the pot is against the backdrop of greenery..

9311014295_50487494a8.jpg

photo.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

In one corner of my balcony along with my unpacked boxes...

9313794302_08ae717aa6.jpg

photo.JPG by

BachelorettePad, on Flickr

On my kitchen countertop..

9313798752_85c7985ce8.jpg

photo.JPG by

And even in the common bathroom...

9311011031_d962a278ea.jpg

photo.JPG by

Think I need to start surfing websites on apartment landscaping...

Talking about my common bathroom..that's the only part of the flat which was not renovated bcos the sellers overlaid the tiles five years ago and since they did not live there, the bathroom is very clean..like other parts of the house. I like the old school beige and brown tiles but I don't think ID likes it. He always gives me a strange look whenever I say my toilet is nice. :)..

Well, i hope some furnishings will bring out the character of this toilet. When I first saw the toilet, I could imagine it with some small black and white pictures from yesteryears.. As the reno progressed over the months, that image in my head became sharper.. And now I finally decided on how im going to decorate the toilet so that it will go well with my bistro-style kitchen! .. now I just have to find the time and the right accessories....

Edited by June

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Lovely greens!

Do you grow herbs and edible plants?

No luck so far with edible plants...will try again in my new place :)

Hey June...the thai basil thrive in our climate....and man does it grow...you might wanna try that. It just needs watering every other day...direct sunlight for least 4 hours a day. The plant will be a happy camper. Chilli padi is also very hardy...that is another option...that one...just stick a couple of seeds on a damp kitchen towel...and it will germinate :)

hey Vanessa

how about sweet basil and other ang moh herbs?

Hey Sarah...sweet basil will also grow...go for it. Just make sure you buy your herbs from a nursery and not from Cold Storage fridge section...you know the little pots? those wont do as well as the nursery ones.

I have given up on rosemary...just can't seem to keep that herb happy. Dill is easy too! mint is very easy too :)

My Thai basil died on me! Perhaps my current place is too hot .. I bought mine from cold storage :( ..shall visit the nursery one of these days

Hey Sarah...sweet basil will also grow...go for it. Just make sure you buy your herbs from a nursery and not from Cold Storage fridge section...you know the little pots? those wont do as well as the nursery ones.

I have given up on rosemary...just can't seem to keep that herb happy. Dill is easy too! mint is very easy too :)

Thanks Vanessa! I dont have green fingers and my last attempt with growing herbs and tomatoes and chilli padi from the seeds I bought from a nursery with the help of a friend who has green fingers at my old walkup apt didnt work 8). Will give it another try as the kitchen and balcony at my current flat get very good sunlight and breeze.

Fresh basil adds so much flavour to a simple pasta dish!

I want to try growing lemon grass. I read on Internet that lizards are scared of lemon grass. I'm terrified of lizards !

I want to try growing lemon grass. I read on Internet that lizards are scared of lemon grass. I'm terrified of lizards !

Me too! lemongrass didn't work for me...BUT....peacock feathers...WORK A CHARM!