Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
avbeng

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Dear all, i would like to share with you guys my reno journey through this wonderful T-Blog. My happiness and joy in getting a place called my own after 1 1/2 years of searching and after numerous house visits. Please comment and ask questions if you want, afterall, the world is a very small place.

To start with, i found this unit through propertyguru, it was one of those times, while in office, trying to laze of till 530pm. I could have directly called the other party and made arrangements myself, but hey , i rememebered that an agent serve me dilligently for the past few months, showing my countless number of units and was never pushy for sales. so hey, i am not someone who will forget a persons hardwork , so i let him did the transaction.

And yes, he did not failed me, even to the last minute when there are only 2 parties eyeing for the unit. all in all i paid close to 75k COV. an amount of the high side but lets just say, i have to work another 10 years after my retirement. hahhahahah

First appointment was in early june , 2nd appointment in mid sept. The agent was nice enough to pass me the keys to the place even before 2nd appointment as the previous owners have already moved out. After entering my new place with my wife and son, both she and i felt that the place was not as big as the first time that we have visited. the first was the open house, the 2nd time was when we signed the OTP. Maybe i was a bit tipsy when we went to confirm with the seller that night, but hey , i really like the place.

img0430ei.jpg

above is the floor plan of my new house. btw, it located in the westside at toh guan .

Edited by avbeng

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

after visiting a few ( agar 8 of them ) IDs over the past few mths, we have finally decide to settle with the same ID that my long time friend is using. it was through his recommendation that i got to know my ID. he wasn't pushy, got a few ideas here and there. but if you want something that is really extragavant, better not look for him.

so far, there is NO complaints from me YET, lol.... after finallizing the details, we signed on the dotted line. and the reno started on the 15 oct 2012.

well , basically, we wack the whole house, initally wanted to keep lvl 2 flooring and the staircase, to save some $$. but in the end , FS not really good for us , so HACK. We also wanted an open concept kitchen. but this style is stuiable for family who cook less often or just for show only. Not pratical as advise by my ID. So he suggested half wall with glass panel. Got the open kicth concept, plus able to keep the cooking within the kitchen. FS also good.

all in all, the hacking and clearing of debris took 1 week.

:rolleyes: ps guys, long time no update my reno process. met with a few hiccups here and there with HDB. And this ping pong with them has caused me almost 2mths worth of wait plus approval.

i fast forward abit if you all dun mind. and along the way, you can ask me anything in regards to reno. i am not very good with words.