Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aH_gUAn

From P 2 P

Wah.... you were there and you told them which one to put where and they still did the opposite. Suprised! :jawdrop:

quote name='ment0s' timestamp='1365248416' post='791632']

Sometimes I really wonder if ppl put any effort into things they do. They installed the shower screen today and guess wat! They actually install a swing door that will slam into the mixer at the common bathroom when it was supposed to be a sliding door. And they can stick a silicon sticker onto my mixer to minimize the impact!

What's in their mind really? It's been a series of screw ups but this one really takes the cake.

C78C2700-3289-47A6-B0A0-8A43A9784F9B-2506-000002018D2F4839.jpg

F32874C0-33BC-45AE-98DA-0CA841D9AE03-2506-000002019292BBD2.jpg

FA2C12C6-0449-4182-B4E2-F087D15C2045-2506-0000020185B7A22A.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I will be starting soon, so I guess need to be there constantly to make sure the sub-con are doing the correct things.

This seems to apply to all contractors as I talk to a lot of people and everyone told me , no matter who you choose, you got to be there to supervise, or else they might do something wrong and best it catch it earlier than later.

Ladies, I think we need to remind Alan that there are some stuff we can tolerate but not all. He is supposed to start ours end this month and we will be extra careful after hearing from both of you. But I believe he will not dispute and will change so let's hope my belief is correct!

Hmm.... they seems to pretty bad to me. Alan does not want to fix those or you are ok with it?

Not sure, how it looks like wihh putty but from the picture it looks bad.

I asked and he told me its v troublesome and difficult blah blah. Since it was 2 spots then we okayed it but since they screw up the shower screen door and I'm getting the tiler to come back. Ill have them change all.

既然他们把我们的随便当成方便, it doesn't matter how many pieces of tiles they need to change since it's gg to be 顺便.

Wah.... you were there and you told them which one to put where and they still did the opposite. Suprised! :jawdrop:

quote name='ment0s' timestamp='1365248416' post='791632']

Sometimes I really wonder if ppl put any effort into things they do. They installed the shower screen today and guess wat! They actually install a swing door that will slam into the mixer at the common bathroom when it was supposed to be a sliding door. And they can stick a silicon sticker onto my mixer to minimize the impact!

What's in their mind really? It's been a series of screw ups but this one really takes the cake.

C78C2700-3289-47A6-B0A0-8A43A9784F9B-2506-000002018D2F4839.jpg

F32874C0-33BC-45AE-98DA-0CA841D9AE03-2506-000002019292BBD2.jpg

FA2C12C6-0449-4182-B4E2-F087D15C2045-2506-0000020185B7A22A.jpg

We didn't see them install this door. When we were there, they are installing the mbr glass door which is supposed to be the only glass swing door in the house. The 2 screen showers SHOULD be sliding doors. We were caught by surprised on that they installed a swing door in there because there is barely space to swing.

I will be starting soon, so I guess need to be there constantly to make sure the sub-con are doing the correct things.

This seems to apply to all contractors as I talk to a lot of people and everyone told me , no matter who you choose, you got to be there to supervise, or else they might do something wrong and best it catch it earlier than later.

Yes, you really need to spend time and there are times that there are 3-4 sub cons all there at once. It's could be virtually impossible to moniter all at once

That was what I was thinking, if I was the sub-con I would have called to the main contractor to find out because it does not seem to make sense. tsk.. tsk.

We didn't see them install this door. When we were there, they are installing the mbr glass door which is supposed to be the only glass swing door in the house. The 2 screen showers SHOULD be sliding doors. We were caught by surprised on that they installed a swing door in there because there is barely space to swing.

Yes, you really need to spend time and there are times that there are 3-4 sub cons all there at once. It's could be virtually impossible to moniter all at once

Erm, isn't that why you have a main con to supervise all the work and make sure that the work is done correctly and up to standard? If you need to supervise and check everything then might as well get the subcon yourself right? Saves on the mark up...

I engaged an ID but I spent enough time with my main con in the end stages to understand that. Mind you that I was home mostly cos I was supervising my furniture delivery n stuff and not to supervise the works. Quite surprised that you still have to spend so much time and effort when the main con is taking a cut from the overall price.

Erm, isn't that why you have a main con to supervise all the work and make sure that the work is done correctly and up to standard? If you need to supervise and check everything then might as well get the subcon yourself right? Saves on the mark up...

I engaged an ID but I spent enough time with my main con in the end stages to understand that. Mind you that I was home mostly cos I was supervising my furniture delivery n stuff and not to supervise the works. Quite surprised that you still have to spend so much time and effort when the main con is taking a cut from the overall price.

Lo and behold, the famous adidaem in our t-blog! Welcome! :)

Maybe I should rephrase, those having the same contractor should spend more time there.

we had a relatively fuss free Reno with our first home that we are really surprised on the amount of supervising we had to do w this yet there can be things not done well like a leaking window after they changed the glass panes because of poor installation.

We did the same as what you mentioned for our first home(i even went away for a holiday) but its a total different experience this one.

With the number of mistakes the sub cons are making till date. We're not prepared to let them do it on their on now because if we count back the date we started 15jan. It'll be 12 weeks since we started thou in between we've met w 2 major holidays/events that workers go on 'leave'.

It could be a biased opinion to say that my contractor has too much on his plate now to fully concentrate on each individual projects or it might be that we're just unlucky to get lousy sub-cons time after time. I can only comment when everything is over.

But whatever it is, we really wanna just get it done and over with for now.

Edited by ment0s

Lo and behold, the famous adidaem in our t-blog! Welcome! :)

Maybe I should rephrase, those having the same contractor should spend more time there.

we had a relatively fuss free Reno with our first home that we are really surprised on the amount of supervising we had to do w this yet there can be things not done well like a leaking window after they changed the glass panes because of poor installation.

We did the same as what you mentioned for our first home(i even went away for a holiday) but its a total different experience this one.

With the number of mistakes the sub cons are making till date. We're not prepared to let them do it on their on now because if we count back the date we started 15jan. It'll be 12 weeks since we started thou in between we've met w 2 major holidays/events that workers go on 'leave'.

It could be a biased opinion to say that my contractor has too much on his plate now to fully concentrate on each individual projects or it might be that we're just unlucky to get lousy sub-cons time after time. I can only comment when everything is over.

But whatever it is, we really wanna just get it done and over with for now.

I agreed with what ment0s have said, think ID / contractors have too many projects on hand and they cannot concentrate on each project. On top of that, sub-con is also rushing to complete jobs and tendency to leave many mistake behind.. For my renovation, sub-con keeps delaying and personally I have stop a few major errors that I have notice on site. Imagine if I never notice, will take a longer time to rectify the errors and handover date delay further. My renovation job stops from (05 Feb till 19 Feb) due to CNY and I have to call my ID ask when are the workers back to work then I manage to see ONE worker the next day. Then I found out, other workers are starting job for other job site, as not enough people. During the whole month of Mar, also not much things done as sub-con are rushing other jobs to handover earlier.

Ment0s, when is ur handover date?

I agreed with what ment0s have said, think ID / contractors have too many projects on hand and they cannot concentrate on each project. On top of that, sub-con is also rushing to complete jobs and tendency to leave many mistake behind.. For my renovation, sub-con keeps delaying and personally I have stop a few major errors that I have notice on site. Imagine if I never notice, will take a longer time to rectify the errors and handover date delay further. My renovation job stops from (05 Feb till 19 Feb) due to CNY and I have to call my ID ask when are the workers back to work then I manage to see ONE worker the next day. Then I found out, other workers are starting job for other job site, as not enough people. During the whole month of Mar, also not much things done as sub-con are rushing other jobs to handover earlier.

Ment0s, when is ur handover date?

Hi happyang,

Our dates are pretty similar. Tmr is supposed to be the last day of work so wed handover but... I forsee delays again because we have plumbing, painting and plastering touch up.

Wasn't too happy today because i truly find the attitude of the sub con horrendous.

And what maddens me was that I arrived on site early today and only found out that schedule has been moved.. Decided to do a grocery run to pick up cleaning necessities (to stock up the empty house) so that I can start when they are done.

I think I took 30-40mins or so and when I returned. The shower screen in the common toilet has been removed.

But what maddens me was the sight that greeted me at my mbr toilet. My pictures weren't too clear as it was taken using my camera phone but the rims are filed w yellow blotches. :furious:

A6687CCF-CD0A-4DDE-AEA6-5DF429646416-4406-0000038AB9E54DCB.jpg

ACEBC476-02C7-4748-93DF-357C76C122D8-4406-0000038AB479BBC8.jpg

I do not understand why do they have to use the toilet in mbr when :

(1) water outlets are not up yet so technically the only water point is the wc.

(2) we actually allowed all of them to use the common toilet if they need to.

(3) there is no work for them to do in the mbr since they are only here to remove the cursed shower screen.

I shall leave you all to guess what the blotches are and needless to say. Alan got it from me badly, I told him I really appreciate him rectifying but the attitude and conduct of these people left me aghast and speechless.

Although he offered to get those guys to come clean the place, i really rather they not come.

Edited by ment0s

This is outrageous, floors also? ZzzZz. My toilet bowls will be installed today, hope I don't kena such thing. Speaking of toilet bowl, I bought the wrong size cos alan gave me wrong measurements. This was only discovered when workers came to install. Zzzz.

people, i feel you. after all, been through it myself. but i'm very sure all will be well & you will be enjoying the fruit of your labour really soon.

This is outrageous, floors also? ZzzZz. My toilet bowls will be installed today, hope I don't kena such thing. Speaking of toilet bowl, I bought the wrong size cos alan gave me wrong measurements. This was only discovered when workers came to install. Zzzz.

Yeap! Disgusted to the max!

Get them to wrap up ur mbr toilet. mine they tore the wrapper after chemical wash ... zzzzz

Huh! Wrong size then how? Open up already still can exchange?

people, i feel you. after all, been through it myself. but i'm very sure all will be well & you will be enjoying the fruit of your labour really soon.

I couldn't help but laugh at your comment! Hahahaha

See! I told u I truly know what you're gg through when I said I feel you on your review.

Keeping fingers crossed that handover will be this week...

I couldn't help but laugh at your comment! Hahahaha

See! I told u I truly know what you're gg through when I said I feel you on your review.

Keeping fingers crossed that handover will be this week...

:sport-smiley-004: we feel each other! all the best! :yamseng: