Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aH_gUAn

From P 2 P

I have read so many examples of "star" RT contractors that have become a victim of their own success...

- too busy with too many jobs to serve each client properly,

- quoting scary pricing that rivals ID prices,

- and IMO this is the worst... Take on so many jobs that they hv cash flow problems...

Think to be successful in the long term, really gotta rem to keep prices reasonable, deliver the job and stay humble... And know how to say "no" when they have too many jobs on hand. Guess not easy to do? Else wouldn't see so many contractors stumble... After all once a good reputation is lost, really not easy to gain back.

If you are facing problems, pls do not handover the remaining payment until all rectified to your satisfaction. After all if can get away with shoddy job, probably human nature to do so... :o

Just my 2 cents, no offense to hardcore supporters of those "star" contractors.

Erm, and really not to install wc until the end stage... :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Erm... Really gross... So next time if install wc don't install the lid first... Think my contractor mentioned not to install too soon too.

I will force my ID to change new lid for me if I had seen yellow spots. Think especially gross to women ba? :unsure:

Oh yes, thanks for the reminder! I'm gg to change the lid!

I have read so many examples of "star" RT contractors that have become a victim of their own success...

- too busy with too many jobs to serve each client properly,

- quoting scary pricing that rivals ID prices,

- and IMO this is the worst... Take on so many jobs that they hv cash flow problems...

Think to be successful in the long term, really gotta rem to keep prices reasonable, deliver the job and stay humble... And know how to say "no" when they have too many jobs on hand. Guess not easy to do? Else wouldn't see so many contractors stumble... After all once a good reputation is lost, really not easy to gain back.

If you are facing problems, pls do not handover the remaining payment until all rectified to your satisfaction. After all if can get away with shoddy job, probably human nature to do so... :o

Just my 2 cents, no offense to hardcore supporters of those "star" contractors.

Erm, and really not to install wc until the end stage... :P

I can relate to what you've just said. But not easy really. I know that there are designers who only take on a handful of jobs at the same time. I've approached someone who turned down our jobs because our schedule didn't meet hers. And honestly if we're to have a third home( which I think we will maybe years later) and if she is still in this line. I won't hesitate to contact her again.

Whatever it is, it's another lesson learnt! What done cannot be undone we can only look forward :drunk:

Quick question. Does anyone knows if we do not conceal the water pipes, the joints of the mixer will look like my pic below and there is no way we can install the steel rings to cover it? I've asked the plumber and he said Hdb is like this...

9CEB0805-5F42-4B35-96CD-C8D07BAC4440-4406-000004477C696007.jpg

A9EC1172-DB24-4CAA-87D6-EE8283BD165D-4406-000004478170323D.jpg

Sharing something we saw that day coz this company was having a roadshow at whitesands.

A similar concept to eubiq but alot cheaper. Can't say so for the quality of plugs but the track looks similar.

C8E9CC78-158C-47C9-8512-850107342F23-5339-0000046B8A8751D4.jpg

CE9B7DEB-89F9-470C-B07C-387A35FBF084-5339-0000046BE6901A5C.jpg

It's called easycon, haven't use them before so I dunno anything abt the quality service standard but its an option for those who wanna try

Quick question. Does anyone knows if we do not conceal the water pipes, the joints of the mixer will look like my pic below and there is no way we can install the steel rings to cover it? I've asked the plumber and he said Hdb is like this...

hmm not sure but mine was installed the same manner

I think you can't install the steel rings if you're not concealing the pipes behind a false wall. We wanted to do that for our hansgrohe shower head, but had to scrap hansgrohe eventually because we didn't want a false wall to conceal the pipes.

My mixers' joints look like yours :)

Thanks summer and retchlow! Abit noob coz our previous house in punggol has concealed pipes by HDB thus we don't remember if it looks like this or not. :yamseng:

Hi ment0s, my mixer tap also look like ur. Btw, do u need to pay extra for the bracket? My ID told me $20 for that.. Ur ID / contractor able to handover to u tomorrow? My side, still got quite a few outstanding.. :bangwall:

Hi ment0s, my mixer tap also look like ur. Btw, do u need to pay extra for the bracket? My ID told me $20 for that.. Ur ID / contractor able to handover to u tomorrow? My side, still got quite a few outstanding.. :bangwall:

U mean the wall bracket? My contractor didn't tell us yet ley.

I doubt that he can handover coz the carpentry is still halfway done. Tmr painters are coming in to touch up though.

U mean the wall bracket? My contractor didn't tell us yet ley.

I doubt that he can handover coz the carpentry is still halfway done. Tmr painters are coming in to touch up though.

So did ur contractor say when can handover? When u need to move-out from ur current place? I think my ID this Fri don't know able to handover or not..

So did ur contractor say when can handover? When u need to move-out from ur current place? I think my ID this Fri don't know able to handover or not..

He says by this week.let's just cross our fingers. We've already moved out of the old place. Bunking in w the folks but I'm moving my stuff over this weekend.

Despite hiccups, the house is starting to take shape! Though another reason why I think handover wont be today.

The gal's wardrobe, like happyang, we paid for colored internal carcass.

07D72381-4515-474D-BF8E-A33DBCD6C8B1-217-0000000ABB90D021.jpg

85115D5C-76A3-430E-8EB3-CA42CE21FDED-217-0000000AC06182FE.jpg

The half done toilet

03F611B0-F13B-4FBC-A986-C83F4DABBD0F-208-0000000A87E7D15E.jpg

The half done mbr.

B50FCC6A-D4B0-484C-A560-F933021AE051-208-0000000A816EE14E.jpg

Pardon the lousy pic quality. Everything is done using the phone coz I'm Lazy to lug a laptop to the site since I'm posting there and then.

Our dining table from second charm is ready :) most if the things will be delivered on Friday!

it's really difficult to find a round dining in 1.1m diameter so we customized ours instead.

Small but good enough for a family of 3

FEB9ADAB-2398-43BC-B453-E3010E47572D-217-0000002BE9461947.jpg

Your WIW is taking shape and I can see your 12 or 18ft wardrobe? I am so envious of the amount of space you have in your WIW