Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aH_gUAn

From P 2 P

This happen to my glass door (suppose to be sliding door, the do swing door) at my level one toilet. Lucky I was there and notice the error, I immediately ask sub-con not to install and call ID. If not, once install sub-con gonna come remove and replace, tiler will also have to come to replace damage tiles.

I think it's too many renovation job in the market liao, everyone is rushing to complete. My plumber came to tighten some leaking unions at 7 in the evening (happen I met as I am about to leave the unit). i told him my house got no light, he say nevermind, he use his HP (iLight function). :jawdrop:

I asked him how to see? He say can lah.. End up, the union is still leaking.. I will ask ID to invite him back again..

I think so too. We've started our Reno in late jan and till date, we've been thru the Chinese New Year and Qing Ming. Both dates workers will take time off and stop work.

But there are really so much we can spot. We just spot a batch of laminates in the wrong color on our carpentry the other day and have them sent back and now again...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think so too. We've started our Reno in late jan and till date, we've been thru the Chinese New Year and Qing Ming. Both dates workers will take time off and stop work.

But there are really so much we can spot. We just spot a batch of laminates in the wrong color on our carpentry the other day and have them sent back and now again...

Sama.. mine started in mid Jan.. ID suppose to handover in end Mar, not 10 Apr. I am there almost everyday to see the job. And I have spotted quite a few mistakes which I immediate infirm ID and ask the sub-con to rectify. Sometime once the things is done or installed, more delay or damage will occur if need to modify.

Wish u a smooth renovation.. :yamseng:

You've got a point there about the toilet paper :P

On another note, this is also something we had to constantly remind ourselves during our renovation. We want to be nice and accommodating, but sometimes, we have to be firm about things. We are paying them a huge sum to do our homes the way we want. Just as long as we're not unreasonable and demanding, I think being firm is fine. They better make sure it all turns out well!

Yes, I think renovation is one if the most expensive item we'll pay at one time but many times the service level is been disregarded.

They've been stuff that we close one eye ( sometimes both eyes) but there are stuff that we wanna be firm since we're nearing the end if the renovation now. Honestly with less than a week of work to do, there really so little they can screw up.

Also with the recent changes to the levy for foreign workers, I think the renovation industry is affected by manpower shortage. So in everyone's anxiety to get the jobs done on time, a lot of unintentional and sometimes brainless boo-boos happen.

ment0s, lucky you spotted this early. Hope it will be rectified soon :)

Yes, I think renovation is one if the most expensive item we'll pay at one time but many times the service level is been disregarded.

They've been stuff that we close one eye ( sometimes both eyes) but there are stuff that we wanna be firm since we're nearing the end if the renovation now. Honestly with less than a week of work to do, there really so little they can screw up.

As much as we'd like our homes to be perfect upon handover, I've found that it's close to impossible. I agree with you that there's only so much you can spot. The house has so many nooks and crannies that it's difficult to spot every hiccup at first glance. We've moved in since mid March, and along the way, we still find small things here and there that we want rectified. It's definitely frustrating, but we've accepted it as inevitable given the nature of renovation works (so many people working on one place, some rushing, some careless). Totally agree with you, no one will put in more effort for our homes than ourselves. So there's bound to be things we find unacceptable that the workers think are fine.

The most important is that they are willing to rectify it for you! Hope it moves smoother for you from here on :)

Yeah, some of the workers are rather unfocused. My contractor has to ask them to rework on some of the jobs they have completed and sometimes the delay can be another 2-3 days more.

Although there are some hiccups, your renovation is turning out well :-) I also has a toddler at home and so for safety reason, I stress and stress again to my contractor and all the workers I see each time I visit the unit that I do not want to see any sharp edges or corners. They will have to file them to round corners if they are not done according to our requirement.

Memt0s,how many old is your toddler?

Edited by kooky

Yeah, some of the workers are rather unfocused. My contractor has to ask them to rework on of the jobs them have completed and sometimes the delay can be another 2-3 days more.

Although there are some hiccups, your renovation is turning out well :-) I also has a toddler at home and so for safety reason, I stress and stress again to my contractor and all the workers I see each time I visit the unit that I do not want to see any sharp edges or corners. They will have to file them to round corners if they are not done according to our requirement.

Memt0s,how many old is your toddler?

Yup exactly! Some workers are really #{*%%|>€.

We are appreciative to what has been put together thus far and we're mega pleased with the outcome despite the hiccups.

There are def stuff that I wish to highlight but its too early for me to do a review and pass a judgment now, ill do the review when everything is complete. To be fair to everyone and by then ill be calm enough to give an unbiased review.

My gal is 22mths :) the most active and naughty stage. Hah!

The workers even left their cans/bottled and packets of tea/coffee into the unit and after consuming just leave them all over the place. I really don't understand why they can't just bring these empty stuff with them when they leave. These leftovers might attract ants. I keep calm and didn't bring it up to my contractor as the big picture (completing the reno) is what I want to focus on now :-)

Our girls are almost same age. Mine just turned 21 months last week. Very chatty, extremely active and she enjoys playing with other kids even though they are much older than her....she is friendly and not shy; I take this as a bonus!

The workers even left their cans/bottled and packets of tea/coffee into the unit and after consuming just leave them all over the place. I really don't understand why they can't just bring these empty stuff with them when they leave. These leftovers might attract ants. I keep calm and didn't bring it up to my contractor as the big picture (completing the reno) is what I want to focus on now :-)

Our girls are almost same age. Mine just turned 21 months last week. Very chatty, extremely active and she enjoys playing with other kids even though they are much older than her....she is friendly and not shy; I take this as a bonus!

Same lar. We let them use our common toilets because to find a toilet at our estate a pain in e *** but sometimes the way they used it is mad gross. Sometimes I wonder if they do that at home. Duh!

Oh yeah! They at most fun now but naughty as well coz they are at a stage whereby they seem to know yet dun fully understand us.

Always be thankful for a active child!

Sama.. mine started in mid Jan.. ID suppose to handover in end Mar, not 10 Apr. I am there almost everyday to see the job. And I have spotted quite a few mistakes which I immediate infirm ID and ask the sub-con to rectify. Sometime once the things is done or installed, more delay or damage will occur if need to modify.

Wish u a smooth renovation.. :yamseng:

Thank you happyang! Lets hope we both soon soon complete and move in ASAP!

Also with the recent changes to the levy for foreign workers, I think the renovation industry is affected by manpower shortage. So in everyone's anxiety to get the jobs done on time, a lot of unintentional and sometimes brainless boo-boos happen.

ment0s, lucky you spotted this early. Hope it will be rectified soon :)

Yeah I know, sometime they are really 'Cham' , they are the overwork and underpaid workers. Hopes everything goes smoothly for ur Reno! :)

As much as we'd like our homes to be perfect upon handover, I've found that it's close to impossible. I agree with you that there's only so much you can spot. The house has so many nooks and crannies that it's difficult to spot every hiccup at first glance. We've moved in since mid March, and along the way, we still find small things here and there that we want rectified. It's definitely frustrating, but we've accepted it as inevitable given the nature of renovation works (so many people working on one place, some rushing, some careless). Totally agree with you, no one will put in more effort for our homes than ourselves. So there's bound to be things we find unacceptable that the workers think are fine.

The most important is that they are willing to rectify it for you! Hope it moves smoother for you from here on :)

I think so too. We're trying our Best to be positive! After all, I can only hope for the law of attraction to pull all e positive vibes to us!

Yeah I know, sometime they are really 'Cham' , they are the overwork and underpaid workers. Hopes everything goes smoothly for ur Reno! :)

Look on the bright side :) your house looks really nice now and I love your mosaic toilet a lot!

I asked Alan about concealing the pipe before and Alan told me it is not possible for HDB. So when I saw Ment0s do it , I learn a workaround the rule. =)

However :jawdrop: it was pretty costly to do for my flat as I needed to do the wall as well as false ceiling. So decided not to do.... going over budget too many times. sigh.

Is that right? Can I know who you checked with? Alan never did mention this to me when he was discussing my shower areas with me.

Hmm.... they seems to pretty bad to me. Alan does not want to fix those or you are ok with it?

Not sure, how it looks like wihh putty but from the picture it looks bad.

AE265297-5B03-49CE-B4EF-C0D8B57EC7FC-1070-000000EE61248647.jpg

320F6059-388D-47E7-9DF4-B075AEAA7341-1070-000000EE5AD71E76.jpg

ED3ECC0E-713E-4311-88B9-56890DAC0356-1070-000000EE6800D6D3.jpg

Here you go jaykr, you can see the 45degree tiling as above the edges are sharp and thus it looks more neat and sleek. But it's prone to chips. I've uploaded another pic.

As for the chips, uncle says he cannot do anything except putty over coz to fix that he has to dig out he entire piece of mosaic... Guess we just have to live with that. Boo!