Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Gaddy

My Cosy White Crib

Hi guys! I'm been an avid reader of Renotalk for a long time now but finally i can start my own t-blog.

Background Info

I balloted for a 3 room BTO flat in Boon Lay back in 2009 when i was serving NS (bought with my mum. In those days, BTO launches were few and far between and there were limited options (**** you MBT!) and i opted for Boon Lay even though the neighborhood wasn't the best as i wanted somewhere in the west. Fast forward three years and i got my keys on Nov 23 this year. (Initial expected date of collection was projected to be 1st Q 2013). I opted in for the flooring and doors (something i kinda regretted).

Floor Plan

floorplann.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Seems like the usual BTO floor plan but the common room is incredibly small. I can't believe HDB approved this. Or it might just be me as i'm pretty big. Haha. I plan the hack away the wall highlighted in red and build a bar counter / kitchen island cum dining area.

Edited by Gaddy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Welcome to RT..

Ur layout is completely the same as mine ..

Got a shock when i got my keys..

The hse is too "cosy" lol

I had the same wall like the one u planned to hack but couldnt

coz got the box there somekind like scv box heh?

and i have a huge beam the same row as the wall lol!!

and all these wasnt reflected in the floor plan..

and somehow felt kinda cheated lol!!

Happy planning and do post up pics :)

Hi gaddy,

wow that's fast.. i applied for the same BTO exercise as u but in SK, n til now.. i still waiting for it to be completed.. sighz... should have taken boon lay 2..

good luck on your reno...

Ur layout is also the same as mine.. was planning to hack the wall but missy disapprove.. so now becomes our dining area..

Edited by deviansyh

Actualli wanted to apply fr boon lay meadow also , cos my mum hse in jw extension ... Tooo bad , tat time cannt cme up with the option fee , and more over q number nt very nice , ended getting punggol spectra from sobf using 3th child priority

Hello fellow neighbour!

I am from Boon Lay Meadow too...hehe...

Will be collecting my keys this coming monday. Do share on the ID/Contractor choice you made yeah!

Hope you have a smooth reno journey!

Wow! Same layout as mine - Bendemeer Light! Long way to go, will be completed by 4th quarter 2016! Stalking for your updates! =)

Hope everything will be smooth for ya!

Edited by Starrain

Hi Gaddy, welcomed to RT and the 3-roomer club! enjoy ur reno journey! looking forward to see ur progress & pics :yamseng:

Boon Lay sounds so far west to someone like me in the East (along NEL; used to be an opposition SMC.. hint hint.. hee hee :)) Overhauled my 27-yo flat last yr.. quite envious of ppl who can reno a completely new flat from ground up.. but well.. old flat got old flat's good points too, e.g. floorspace. Mine a 74sqm 3A. Wonder what's the size of a new 3-rm BTO now like urs?

mine is quite small. only 65sqm. and some of it is 'wasted' on the corridor leading to the rooms. Well good thing is all my wiring is concealed. No need to box much things up.

anyway some pics of the carpentry.

p20121228150005.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us