Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vanessa

Taobao Help Needed

I read earlier that the shipping will be pro-rated to the exact space you need so if you need 1.2 cbm, you will be charged. Storage wise, no idea but May replied me once that the shipping time from China warehouse to our Singapore home address is 8 days. Why don't you ask May for her number and call her? Then you can access on the spot if she prefers to converse in English or Mandarin. If she is an auntie, I can help to talk. I am quite good at talking to aunties :D

yupyup... when i asked her how long the entire process will take from ordering to delivery, she said if i order now (that was 8 Feb), i'll receive the items end of feb. That's probably also inclusive of CNY ph.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

A tip I used for your first step.

I use hoyoyo to search the stuff I want. The site is in English so it is easier. Then you copy the item description in Chinese and paste in Taobao to search. Then u will have the exact item! :yamseng:

http://sg.hoyoyo.com/

Thanks Kim bro! Will try the hoyoyo route.

One thing I am not so clear that I learned from here:

Big bulky item -> Better to go via Amcon?

Smaller item -> Go via 65daigou route? Is that correct? Any idea about weight limit? How small is small? I am sure Amcon will not entertain "small" items (surely ask me go home fly kite). Haha!!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers! :yamseng:

Thanks Kim bro! Will try the hoyoyo route.

One thing I am not so clear that I learned from here:

Big bulky item -> Better to go via Amcon?

Smaller item -> Go via 65daigou route? Is that correct? Any idea about weight limit? How small is small? I am sure Amcon will not entertain "small" items (surely ask me go home fly kite). Haha!!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers! :yamseng:

We go by Amcom for big item (when I say big, I mean tables, chairs, sofa, bed post, tv console, etc) because Amcon charge minimum 1 cubic meter. (550rmb = $110sgd) and also they charge 50rmb per link (meaning if they help u buy, they will charge 50rmb for table, another 50rmb for bed post, etc) That is the reason why we go to 65diagou for smaller stuff. 50rmb is $10sgd leh.... quite a lot. hope that is clear.

We go by Amcom for big item (when I say big, I mean tables, chairs, sofa, bed post, tv console, etc) because Amcon charge minimum 1 cubic meter. (550rmb = $110sgd) and also they charge 50rmb per link (meaning if they help u buy, they will charge 50rmb for table, another 50rmb for bed post, etc) That is the reason why we go to 65diagou for smaller stuff. 50rmb is $10sgd leh.... quite a lot. hope that is clear.

But if we order small items on our own, meaning can save that 50rmb per link charge, it is still ok to use Amcon to ship small items right? That is assuming I have enough stuff to fill 1cm...

But if we order small items on our own, meaning can save that 50rmb per link charge, it is still ok to use Amcon to ship small items right? That is assuming I have enough stuff to fill 1cm...

Yes. I would think so. But I'm not sure how will Amcom staff pack those small items together.

If you did try, please update us.. :notti: :notti:

Yes. I would think so. But I'm not sure how will Amcom staff pack those small items together.

If you did try, please update us.. :notti: :notti:

Amcon will repack? Yes, I plan to do so... the "biggest" item I want to order is just a side table.

Amcon will repack? Yes, I plan to do so... the "biggest" item I want to order is just a side table.

i'm still in the process of speaking with amcon. the biggest item i will buy are those computer/office chairs. among many small items like taps and lights.

i think if u are buying in quantity, the $10 per link is ok. like my kitchen faucet, i'm getting 3 pieces. (for my mum's hse too) so the $10 divide by 3 is not too bad.

once my items arrive, i will update how they are packed... (hope they arrive in 1 piece!)

I did email amcon but was quoted $35 per doc instead $10 per link.. I do not really understand what does per doc means though? Does she means per link as well?

I did email amcon but was quoted $35 per doc instead $10 per link.. I do not really understand what does per doc means though? Does she means per link as well?

besides the $50rmb per link, you have to pay for a shipment document at S$35 each. you can list many items on the same list. meaning u buy all at once it's $35. if u separate, then have to charge u again lo.

This is wat i understand la...

50rmb per order 1 link?

wah $10 sgd each

of coz still cheaper as their shipping save 5x compare to local agents

per document means the whole list of items as a so call clearance invoice as it's loose pack..so usually is $30-$35 exclude GST

:D :D

50rmb per order 1 link?

wah $10 sgd each

of coz still cheaper as their shipping save 5x compare to local agents

per document means the whole list of items as a so call clearance invoice as it's loose pack..so usually is $30-$35 exclude GST

oh yah. and then GST too.

so it's

1. ocean freight at RMB550.00/CBM

2. Shipping Doc at $35.00/SET

3. GST

4. Per link at RMB50.00 :P

:D :D

oh yah. and then GST too.

so it's

1. ocean freight at RMB550.00/CBM

2. Shipping Doc at $35.00/SET

3. GST

4. Per link at RMB50.00 :P

Thank Z3phy.

But I re-look the email, she did not mention about the per link. Have you ordered b4? So they really charge both?

Thank Z3phy.

But I re-look the email, she did not mention about the per link. Have you ordered b4? So they really charge both?

i'm in the midst of ordering. as in, i've given her my list of items to buy and she's doing the ordering now. (as in now now.)

when i asked her for quotation, she did not mention abt the RMB50 per link. it was when i gave her the list of links that she mentioned she will have to charge if i need her to order.

but i already knew abt the per link from other RT-ers. so no surprises... :dancingqueen:

My list is quite substantial. includes small items that i think are abt the same price as SG. but for convenience sake, i just use Amcon. the larger items will offset the losses.

i'm in the midst of ordering. as in, i've given her my list of items to buy and she's doing the ordering now. (as in now now.)

when i asked her for quotation, she did not mention abt the RMB50 per link. it was when i gave her the list of links that she mentioned she will have to charge if i need her to order.

but i already knew abt the per link from other RT-ers. so no surprises... :dancingqueen:

My list is quite substantial. includes small items that i think are abt the same price as SG. but for convenience sake, i just use Amcon. the larger items will offset the losses.

Oic, Thanks Z3phy!

Guess I'm more clearer now. So if I order myself, the per link will be waive unless I get her to order for me, right? :sport-smiley-018:

Oic, Thanks Z3phy!

Guess I'm more clearer now. So if I order myself, the per link will be waive unless I get her to order for me, right? :sport-smiley-018:

Correct. :yamseng: