Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

The 1st and only contractor that we have met so far, well he forgot all about the quote! Lucky we took the advice from bleucheeze and text him. He promised to send it over within these few days...

Wahahaha! That is so typical of him!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wahahaha! That is so typical of him!

Ya we heard about it. But we will give him chance, hope the quote comes in at the start of next week...

Oh my Mr E said these are not exactly Peranankan-style...but still, they are gorgeous and can 'hide' stray hair and fur well LOL!

We are heading to An Huat this Sat to take a look at their tiles. Read from one of the tblogs that they supply such floral tiles to the other shops. This is our first tile visit so what should we expect and what should we ask?

Silly me, kept looking at all over the web and T-blogs and now I fell in love with this:

8437332557_2a56622758.jpg

Peranakan Tiles by Makanology, on Flickr

I got a quote for a similar looking floor tile at $5.20 per piece (200x200). Is this the market rate?

An huat & unlimited sell it cheaper...I think $4 or $4.50 piece with sealer

An huat & unlimited sell it cheaper...I think $4 or $4.50 piece with sealer

Thanks. I can't recall which Tblog but I read that it costs $3.50 per piece but maybe without the sealant? Or perhaps depend on the design and size?

Thanks. I can't recall which Tblog but I read that it costs $3.50 per piece but maybe without the sealant? Or perhaps depend on the design and size?

Yup $3.50 is without sealer. For An Huat & Unlimited, the price is the same, regardless of design. Size is the same for these patterned tiles, which is 200mm x 200mm. Not advisable to buy such tiles from shops at Balestier. They mark up by alot & they charge differently for different designs.

Oh goody! Will go check out An Huat and if time permits, Unlimited also. Was also looking at TB to see if there are cheaper options but I can't seem to find any similar design. Tried 花纹地砖,复古地砖,欧式地砖 etc but nothing comes close. Looking forward to this Saturday recee!

Oh goody! Will go check out An Huat and if time permits, Unlimited also. Was also looking at TB to see if there are cheaper options but I can't seem to find any similar design. Tried 花纹地砖,复古地砖,欧式地砖 etc but nothing comes close. Looking forward to this Saturday recee!

TB stuff are china? if i'm not wrong, cement tiles are mainly from Indonesia & european countries. so maybe you can't find them in TB.

TB stuff are china? if i'm not wrong, cement tiles are mainly from Indonesia & european countries. so maybe you can't find them in TB.

Don't know if cement tiles also come from china but on TB, there are many nice ceramic tiles selling for low rates like【佛山瓷砖 新款墙砖上市 300*300绿色墙砖 地砖 厨卫高档墙砖]【http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16715275244]

Not sure of the difference between cement and ceramic tiles but I found this on the web: http://www.granadatile.com/cement_vs_ceramic_tile.php

So the design we have been searching for are European designs and not exactly Peranankan... And such designs seem hard to come by on TB. Anyways off to An Huat & Unlimited this Saturday!

The so called peranakan tiles are from vietnam....

If we can't find a nice one on TB, maybe we will trouble a good friend to get it from Vietnam ;)

Oh our IKEA accordion lamps are on the way from KL... a sudden trip by my colleague is going to turn our dream into a reality very soon, yippee! Finally something going right this week for us ...

If we can't find a nice one on TB, maybe we will trouble a good friend to get it from Vietnam ;)

Oh our IKEA accordion lamps are on the way from KL... a sudden trip by my colleague is going to turn our dream into a reality very soon, yippee! Finally something going right this week for us ...

Waaaa.. you sure or not, how to carry back? See if you like the ones at An huat bah, I think they are quite pretty. And the hafary one I told u.

Good for u on the lamps! Rem to post pix here. hehe.